Ecoboost

who has the best tuner??

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/15, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ +1
Bama for the win. I bought the SCT X4 with custom tunes from Bama. You will be impressed. The folks there are easy to work with and will get it right.
Old 3/12/15, 09:00 PM

Here is a question for the bama guys, if we send you a list with our specific mods can you create a tune specific for my ride?
Old 3/13/15, 01:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JAD212
Here is a question for the bama guys, if we send you a list with our specific mods can you create a tune specific for my ride?
They sure do. That's how the tune works. You tell Bama what mods your car has to it and they make the tune based on your mods.
Old 3/14/15, 06:49 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by whowasthat
i have always wondered why don't cars come tuned from the factory like this? if a 3rd party can do this without even looking at your car, how hard would it be for Ford? or a better question is why doesn't Ford
The manufactuers have to meet emissions requirements, economy goals, durability goals and they want a growth path for future models.

Any third party that is reputable has developed there tunes using a car that is the same as what they are offering their tune for. They leave some on the table too to be safe and then fine tune based on data logs you send them.
Old 7/5/15, 08:36 AM

I have the Cobb tuner now and love my Stage 1 93.

I've had Bama tunes on my other mustangs, but Cobb knows turbo 4 cylinders and have been tuning Evo's and WRX's for years whereas Bama just started this year. Just saying.

Also the Cobb Accessport is a waaaay better tuner device with the 6 place telemetry gauges.
Old 8/5/15, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Cobb AP all the way.

You folks with your WalMart tunes.. I don't get it.
Old 10/22/15, 12:14 PM

What are Walmart Tunes? Also, why downplay Bama.. From what I hear, Bama, Cobb and unleashed are pretty similiar.
Old 11/25/15, 06:09 AM

Cobb 93 v2.0 all the way. I'm running 12.9 with this tune and intercooler.
Old 2/23/16, 03:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am waiting for the ford racing procal tune to come out for the mustang ecoboost.

Was supposed to be out at the end of 2015 but we are waiting, hopefully it will be here in the next couple of months.

The Ford Racing tune will keep the car in warranty and if it matches the ecoboost tune for the focus that is all ready out it should deliver about 90hp and 110hp of torque.

Terry
Old 7/27/16, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just spoke with Ford Performance yesterday regarding the EcoBoost tune. Ray says that it should be on their website within two weeks..... I can't wait...I expect about 50hp/90tq increase although they can do much better....You know Ford will always be conservative...If you want more safe power I think you will need to go with Steeda.

Last edited by thelastsumurai; 7/27/16 at 09:48 AM.
Old 7/27/16, 10:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Safe, reliable & powerful - that is the name of the game!! +1 for Steeda.

TJ
Old 7/29/16, 07:19 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Safe, reliable & powerful - that is the name of the game!! +1 for Steeda.

TJ
Other than an increase in horsepower and torque, what other benefits or impacts installing the tune have in how my Mustang will perform? My Mustang is a daily driver where most of my hard acceleration is on freeway entrance ramps and back roads in the North Georgia mountains. Also what impact will it have with gas mileage on long drives. I have your cold air intake installed and I was able to drive from Franklin, OH to my home in Milton, GA on one tank (which included a traffic backup because of an accident). I still had about 40 miles left in my tank when I filled up the next day after work.
Old 7/29/16, 11:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The other benefits of a Tuner include (for both automatic & manual):

In an automatic:

Our tunes will increase the throttle response of the car for quicker take-offs.
We alter the transmission shift points at part and WOT.
We alter the firmness of the shift at part and WOT
Our shift firmness is different for different throttle settings.

Manual:

We change the performance, drivability & remove the lag in the drive by wire throttle system.

It is very hard gauge MPG - you will want to run higher octanes to get maximum performance it switches from MPG to Smiles Per Gallon - but we have seen some MPG go down & some go up slightly - it all depends on your driving style. We find that a heavier foot tends to happen with the tune!

TJ
Old 7/29/16, 11:25 AM
GT Member

The other benefits of a Tuner include (for both automatic & manual):

In an automatic:

Our tunes will increase the throttle response of the car for quicker take-offs.
We alter the transmission shift points at part and WOT.
We alter the firmness of the shift at part and WOT
Our shift firmness is different for different throttle settings.

Manual:

We change the performance, drivability & remove the lag in the drive by wire throttle system.

It is very hard gauge MPG - you will want to run higher octanes to get maximum performance it switches from MPG to Smiles Per Gallon - but we have seen some MPG go down & some go up slightly - it all depends on your driving style. We find that a heavier foot tends to happen with the tune!

TJ
A few more questions. What impact would the tune have on emissions and warranty? I am loving my 15 Mustang so much that I might actually keep it more than three years and need to go through emission checks here in Georgia. Years ago I thought I read that some tunes store the stock so you can refresh it for emission or servicing. Is that the case or is that not needed? Also is it eligible for the forum discount?
Old 7/29/16, 09:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 15BluStang
A few more questions. What impact would the tune have on emissions and warranty? I am loving my 15 Mustang so much that I might actually keep it more than three years and need to go through emission checks here in Georgia. Years ago I thought I read that some tunes store the stock so you can refresh it for emission or servicing. Is that the case or is that not needed? Also is it eligible for the forum discount?
I just spoke to our tuner, he lives in GA (Valdosta) & he has never had to do go through an emission check - don't know what the rules are.

It is best to ask your dealer about the warranty & tuning - we stand behind our tune 100% & will work with you & the dealer if there is a claim against our tune - but in short, our tunes are written to be safe & won't cause issues in the first place.

What part of Georgia are you in? We have relationships with Ford Dealers & may be able to recommend a Steeda friendly dealer.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 7/30/16, 08:28 PM
GT Member

I just spoke to our tuner, he lives in GA (Valdosta) & he has never had to do go through an emission check - don't know what the rules are.

It is best to ask your dealer about the warranty & tuning - we stand behind our tune 100% & will work with you & the dealer if there is a claim against our tune - but in short, our tunes are written to be safe & won't cause issues in the first place.

What part of Georgia are you in? We have relationships with Ford Dealers & may be able to recommend a Steeda friendly dealer.

Best Regards,

TJ
I live in the metro Atlanta area and we have to get emission checks when a car is three years old or older. The Valdosta area does not have to deal with the ozone in the summer like we do. My dealer is Billy Howell Ford in Cumming, GA. I have bought my last three Fords there and they take care of me plus they never push any of the add-ons when I buy.
Old 8/2/16, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just spoke with Ford Racing. Revised date for EB tuner is about six weeks from today. Getting tired waiting. Looking at Steeda...
Old 8/2/16, 09:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I live in the metro Atlanta area and we have to get emission checks when a car is three years old or older. The Valdosta area does not have to deal with the ozone in the summer like we do. My dealer is Billy Howell Ford in Cumming, GA. I have bought my last three Fords there and they take care of me plus they never push any of the add-ons when I buy.
You can give Matt a ring at 1800 950 0774 ... not being too familiar with emissions, I don't know if this is a case of setting it back to stock & removing the CAI or what the choices are.

Shoot me your info to tim@steeda.com & I can have him follow-up with directly.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/22/16, 06:02 AM
GT Member

You can give Matt a ring at 1800 950 0774 ... not being too familiar with emissions, I don't know if this is a case of setting it back to stock & removing the CAI or what the choices are.

Shoot me your info to tim@steeda.com & I can have him follow-up with directly.

Best Regards,

TJ
Let me know when a tune is available for the Ecoboost with the automatic. After I ordered and was talking to the person about the tune, I found out it is available only for the manual. On the web site, if you order the CAI and tuner together, it says manual only but if you only order the tuner, it does not indicate that.
Old 8/22/16, 07:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Let me know when a tune is available for the Ecoboost with the automatic. After I ordered and was talking to the person about the tune, I found out it is available only for the manual. On the web site, if you order the CAI and tuner together, it says manual only but if you only order the tuner, it does not indicate that.
Just sent an email to our tuning dept. & leadership team - trying to understand timing & bringing the response below to their attention.

Thank you for the update.

Best Regards,

TJ

Quick Reply: who has the best tuner??