Ecoboost

Thinking of buying a 2016 Mustang ? Read this first

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/15, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of buying a 2016 Mustang ? Read this first

Hey guys,

Just to let you know the nightmare that I am going through. I bought my brand new 2016 Ecoboost Mustang in November 14th, 2015. I took delivery of it this Saturday around 5:00 p.m. Next day Monday I was in the dealership with a long list of defects. Among them are: the Engine taping/ticking/clicking (Tried another same car and it does not do this sound), hard vibrations starting 55Mph that feels unsafe to drive, Headlight switch loose, hood doesn' t close properly and when it does it is not aligned with bumper, scratch in right fender, rear bumper not aligned with body side panels, right door and left door not aligned with panels, it sticks out about 3 mm., dent in right side panel...Guess what dealership, Customer Service and everybody else say...Warranty will fix everything. Now after my car being nearly 30 days out of service in the shop, the car still have the same defects. Ford says they are trying to fix it. Reallity is that I already paid 30K for a defective car that I cannot enjoy. It has been a great dissapointment. I asked to replace the car, they say no. Be careful before you buy a new Mustang. Check it first, drive it first. No quality control in the factory. It has been a nightmare. I hope noone has to go through the same than me.
Old 12/17/15, 12:41 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
There is no need for multiple threads on the same topic. Please use this thread for continued use . . .
Old 12/17/15, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since it looks like my other response might have been deleted or locked, I'll copy here...

I can echo that I had some similar issues when I picked up my 2016...

- The day after I took delivery, literally within 12 hours, a coworker noticed a ding in the door, and the car had less than 100 miles on it (54 of which were put on by the dealership). The dealership agreed to pay for paintless dent removal, and ended up removing three dings from the passenger door and two from the roof. Obviously, either an issue with factory quality control, transit, or dealership prep.
- The rear taillight molding panel, on the trunk lid, didn't align properly. It was about 1/2" set in against the passenger side taillights, and about 1/2" set out against the driver's side taillights. I looked at every 2015/2016 the dealership had, and every single one was aligned differently. The dealership fixed this issue free of cost, and the panel now aligns much better.
- The Sync 3 system continues to have issues, and the dealership (and Ford) keep giving me the run around WRT troubleshooting and/or replacement of parts.

Unfortunately, I'm seeing more and more people complain about quality control, and Ford either denying the issues or dragging their feet. It's sad, really.

Best of luck!

JR
Old 12/17/15, 01:38 PM

Hi JR,

I did the same. Went to the parking and checked on the new Mustangs that my dealership has in stock there. Some of them have the sames problems. Misaligned panels all around. Then we tested (Manager of the shop did) another new Ecoboost on open road and guess what... it has the same vibrations than mine !!. The worst part is that Ford in not listening to me. How come a brand like Ford doesn' t take responsibility over a defective car from the production line ??. I paid for a car in good order. I didn' t pay for a car that needs to be repaired with 1 day of using it. After that... I don' t think I can trust anymore in Ford products. Never again.
Old 12/18/15, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no issues with my 2016 model. Zero.
Old 12/19/15, 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
JaviCosta: The vibration is well known, between 50 and 70 mph, as reported in a thread on the Mustang6 Forums. It is the drive shaft. See the link below. You will see Response #9, with an invoice from the dealer showing drive shaft replacement cured the problem. Also, see response #55, where writer states Ford knows of the problem and dealer is replacing his DS.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15990

If your dealer cannot find anything on this in their computer system, contact the Ford Customer Service Rep, Deysha, on this forum. You can PM her. Hope this helps.

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 12/19/15 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12/21/15, 01:57 PM

Thank you SD CALSPCL for your help. Anyway it is nothing to do either with knowing about the problem or knowing how to fix it, it is all about paying 30K and getting a car in good order. I understand and accept that at some point down the road we can have problems in our cars and that the warranty will cover them. What I do not accept is the fact of getting a defective car from production line with a list of problems from day one. Someone has to take responsibility over a faulty product. At the end I am the one who is paying the consequences over someone else' s fault.

But anyway thanks for your help. We do know about vibrations in drivelines. They have existed since we have rear wheel drive cars.

Take care
Old 12/21/15, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I can also tell you from the stand point of being a daily driver, my 2014 build quality is poor. The black glossy piece between the tail lights is peeling from the inside out on the bottom edge. I have looked around at others doing the same thing. The third break light lens looks like it's already 15 years old now. The doors do not align right, never have. The interior rattles and squeaks. The suspension squeaks. The leather is very low quality. I hear water in the quarter panels after a good rain. The breaks squeak in bumper to bumper traffic.

First Ford I have owned since 1987, last Ford I will ever own.
Old 12/22/15, 04:23 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Never heard anyone having issues with their 2016 Mustang.
Old 12/22/15, 05:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Do you guys with problems not have lemon laws where you live?

If the car's been out of service for 30 days and multiple visits for the same problem, that's a lemon, new car time.

If the dealer is keeping the car the whole time for over 30 days and not letting it go and come back, that might just be their way of circumventing the "multiple visits" part of the whole lemon-law part.

Hire a lawyer that's handled lemons in the past.
Old 12/22/15, 05:47 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
So far, so good with my '14 GT. The only issue I have is some minor cowl shake and creaking, particularly on cold days, but that's the price of admission for a convertible. I purchased the Mustang, but I've leased five Fords...a Ranger and four Fusions including my present 2014 EB...I've been very happy with Ford.
Old 12/22/15, 06:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Is it just me? I mean I went over my car pretty good before taking delivery. A good test drive before even making an offer on the new car. There was one ding I saw and they fixed before I took delivery. Where you wearing dark sunglasses at night when you bought the car. Did you pick one car out and the dealer switch it out on you for a defective car? J/K there. Surely a few dings on the DRIVERS door should have been noticed before you drove away.
Old 12/22/15, 09:37 AM

In my case I ordered the car from factory and I wait 2 months until delivery. Who would have thought that I brand new car from factory was going to have so many defects. I took delivery of the car and I went to drive it around and test it. The very next day I went to the dealership to return it. Too late to my surprise, they didn' t accept to return it but to leave it the shop so that warranty will take care of it. As I mentioned, since I left it, it has been 31 days so far. Not fair at all. I don' t wanna be involve in lawyers, I just want Ford to take responsibility over a defective product and replace it with the same car. Thanks
Old 12/22/15, 10:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You should always go over a new car before accepting delivery. Take it for a test drive and if there are issues, REFUSE delivery.

When we ordered our 2013 GT500, there was a 1" area of paint peeling off the front bumper. It came off the truck this way. They asked if I wanted to refuse delivery of this car just because of this paint issue.
Old 12/22/15, 11:52 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
While 31 days in the shop is excessive, if they do fix it, it is not really a defective car.