V6

Engine spins not runs

Search this Thread

Old 11/25/21, 04:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Engine cranks/spins not runs

Hello,
friend of mine has a 2015 Mustang V6...the problem is ...he drove normally and the next day Pony did not start .. the brake pedal is hard. The car engine cranks and nothing more, car not start at all. All mechanics spread their hands .. I want to add that the car was connected to the computer and showed no errors, they replaced the camshaft position sensor, still nothing

Any ideas friends ? Please help him with his "son"

Last edited by hellcup; 11/25/21 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11/26/21, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
So... they replaced the camshaft position sensor for no reason? The computer would have said that it had a problem, but you said 'no errors', so... Interesting.

Also, what kind of a computer? Is it the actual Ford scan tool, or a very fancy Autel or Snap-On or such that has similar capabilities to do tests/diagnostics? Or is it some other code *scanner*, which will not give the information needed to properly diagnose? If it's the latter, well... you/they need to upgrade to a proper scan tool. You/they might need to check into Forscan maybe, which is free unless you need reprogramming. You'll have to have a laptop, and you'll need to buy a compatible cable, I'd say get the one they want for optimum use. It's Ford only though. Oh, and an actual shop manual for 2012 Mustang.

You'll be needing all that and maybe some other tools like a multimeter and whatnot, then read that manual for the diagnostic path and follow it to the letter. Even if it looks stupid. Everything looks stupid until you find that one fuse or one broken wire, eh? And some of that diagnostic requires a scan tool to tell you what's going on with the computer and what it sees.

As far as what it could be: Anything. Literally. There's nothing to go with here, so every dang thing you can think of? Yep, that's it. All at once. Probabilities and statistics being what they are and all that.

However.... Just goin' back through your posts... there's this one:
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...4/#post7065280
Regarding the start/stop that your friend broke, so... yes. There's a non-zero chance that's something to do with it.

Other than that... diagnostics. Boring, tedious, infuriating diagnostics. So much yay.

Now... I'm not trying to be an irritant here, but... isn't Ford Europe a thing, and a fairly large presence thing? Don't they have a place near enough to take it to get it fixed? Because this sounds like nobody wants to play with the thing at all, or they'd do the diagnostics already... I'm a little confused by the issue is all. Maybe I'm reading into this too much though, as usual. Sorry. I do that...

Um... anyway.

do hope that helps, even though it's not the exact answer, and good luck to your friend and you!

Last edited by houtex; 11/26/21 at 11:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
hellcup (11/26/21)
Old 11/26/21, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you very much for your advice and helpful answer. He went to a mechanic near his house and they must have scanned with some basic diagnostic program. He already replaced the start / stop buttons with new ones and they had nothing to do with the problem. I will tell him all valuable information. Have a good one my friend , Thanks once again