2011 - 2014 GT/CS Special Section for the California Special owners.

New GT/CS Owner - No More BMW!

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/15, 10:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
switching the tri bar from side to side, off and on feeds my need to mod when I have no money. Anywho... nice car and nice amt of lowering. Good luck with it!
Old 7/11/15, 07:57 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,138 Likes on 817 Posts
Awe..., those Black Stangs sure looks sharp. Very nice cars!

And hey OP, welcome back to the wonderful world of the muscle car!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 7/11/15 at 07:58 AM.
Old 7/11/15, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Awe..., those Black Stangs sure looks sharp. Very nice cars!

And hey OP, welcome back to the wonderful world of the muscle car!
Thank you - glad to be back. I had a 390hp 5 Litre Jaguar XF a couple years ago - very refined yet quick with a nice growl, but of course you couldn't call it a muscle car. I only kept it for about a year cause the seats and the technology of the dash were pathetic and ruined the driving experience of that great engine.

Cleaned up the Coyote this morning - here's the "after" pic:

Considering painting the plastic valve cover-covers and the intake cover a bit....maybe not though.

Old 8/17/15, 07:59 AM
GT Member

Sweet car. Something tells me a person could spend a whole bunch of money on mods to make it better - but me not being a mechanic would have to hire people to do it and that costs even more. Looking at upgrading our exhaust to Corsa axleback quad exhaust - but we know a couple of guys with a shop - related to my husband who are experts at this sort of thing and hopefully will get a small discount LOL. Sweet looking car you got there!
Old 8/18/15, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pretender
.... Looking at upgrading our exhaust to Corsa axleback quad exhaust - but we know a couple of guys with a shop - related to my husband who are experts at this sort of thing and hopefully will get a small discount LOL. Sweet looking car you got there!
If you're considering the CORSA quad setup, I HIGHLY recommend you look at the Ford Racing GT500 package as another alternative. It'll save you several hundred $$$ AND keep the car ALL FORD Factory parts, plus it sounds INCREDIBLE. I think the CORSA quad sounds a bit "tamer".

http://www.americanmuscle.com/gt500-...aust-2013.html
Old 8/18/15, 02:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PowrBy4d
If you're considering the CORSA quad setup, I HIGHLY recommend you look at the Ford Racing GT500 package as another alternative. It'll save you several hundred $$$ AND keep the car ALL FORD Factory parts, plus it sounds INCREDIBLE. I think the CORSA quad sounds a bit "tamer".

I was talking to AM and they mentioned the Ford Racing GT500 package as an alternative but we were pretty set on the Corsa and yeah it would have saved the money - but my husband really liked the sound of the Corsa and the reputation that they have. Even though the other would have been all Ford parts he didn't mind buying me the Corsa (which of course I was the one that wanted it and had done the research) But I appreciate the comments. I have never heard the Ford Racing package and hadn't really read anything about it or anybody using it and how they felt about it. Did you buy the Ford Racing Kit? Are you happy with it? We did order the Corsa so kind of a mute point but I am curious as to who might have bought that kit and what they think of it.
Old 8/18/15, 02:48 PM
GT Member

I was just reading and we would have to had the bumper cut to make it work. I was assured by AM the other route we went we wouldn't have to cut the bumper - that was the huge factor in the decision we made. Even though we have great guys doing it - Ring Bros - it would cost more and once your bumper is cut - you can't undo it. If you are just swaping out a valance and exhaust and mufflers - you can always go back to stock if you want.

I believe it is because of the California special that you don't have to cut the original bumper. We will see I guess once they get at it next week.

Last edited by pretender; 8/18/15 at 02:52 PM.
Old 8/18/15, 02:55 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
CS, Boss, and Shelby bumpers do not have to be cut. All 13-14 Mustangs have the same rear bumper, but the V-6 and GT does not get cut at the factory. That's why they are already pre-marked for cutting.
Old 8/18/15, 03:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PowrBy4d

Originally Posted by SpectreH
CS, Boss, and Shelby bumpers do not have to be cut. All 13-14 Mustangs have the same rear bumper, but the V-6 and GT does not get cut at the factory. That's why they are already pre-marked for cutting.
Thanks - that has been the confusion for me - why do some say no cutting and some say you have to. Having the CS saved us from the dreaded cut.

Old 12/15/17, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Very nice....I just picked up a 2012 / one owner with 10,000 miles....will post pictures soon
Old 12/15/17, 08:26 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice.....for my money a mustang is the smarter choice....European cars are too much $$$
I just picked up a 2012 California special with 10,000 miles for $22,000 dealer price ....its like new & has plenty of power already