Notices
2011 - 2014 GT/CS Special Section for the California Special owners.

After Market Tune After Trackey Install

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/15, 03:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After Market Tune After Trackey Install

I have a 2014 GT/CS and had the Ford Racing Trackey installed last year.

I know that it's not possible to have an after market tune installed at the same time as the Trackey since it will remove the Trackey programing, but if an after market tune such as a Bama tune was installed would it be posible to re-install the stock tune with the trackey and go back and forth between stock/trackey and Bama tune?

In other words, If I install another tune is my trackey gone forever?
Old 2/16/15, 04:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't know how the track key works but I have the same year and model as you and I use a Bama tune. It's easy enough to load or switch tunes and also to revert back to stock so I'd imagine that as long as the car is in stock "mode" before loading a tune or using the TK for a tune you should be good? Again, just my thoughts. Not 100% sure.
Old 2/17/15, 06:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by gjcavana

I know that it's not possible to have an after market tune installed at the same time as the Trackey since it will remove the Trackey programing, but if an after market tune such as a Bama tune was installed would it be posible to re-install the stock tune with the trackey and go back and forth between stock/trackey and Bama tune?

Hey gjcavana

That's a fantastic question and we ironically just had a Bama X4 Tuner & C&L Cold Air Intake installed on an '14 GT/CS that had the Track Key previously used and you would essentially be using either one or the other as there's no way for them to both be utilized simultaneously

Check this out as well: "Do Bama Custom Tunes work with TracKey/Track Cal (RedKey)"

We're in the process of editing some photos and video right now and Zach (The owner) is going to likely have a small blog post written up shortly. I'm going to dig up some Dyno Plots and a couple pictures of his car on the dyno but after Paul from Bama loaded up their V2 Race Tune he instantly added another 29/30 hp (I'll track down the exact numbers shortly)

Having driven Zach's car extensively along with a slew of Coyotes his just felt really responsive. His car is low mileage and isn't really beaten on but jeez was the power just that much more smooth that previously. I ripped it before and after the 93 Race Tune and CAI was installed so hopefully he doesn't see this post

Let me know if you're to have any other questions in the meantime and I'll be back with some dyno plots and pictures soon!

Alex
Old 2/17/15, 09:31 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey gjcavana

That's a fantastic question and we ironically just had a Bama X4 Tuner & C&L Cold Air Intake installed on an '14 GT/CS that had the Track Key previously used and you would essentially be using either one or the other as there's no way for them to both be utilized simultaneously

Check this out as well: "Do Bama Custom Tunes work with TracKey/Track Cal (RedKey)"

We're in the process of editing some photos and video right now and Zach (The owner) is going to likely have a small blog post written up shortly. I'm going to dig up some Dyno Plots and a couple pictures of his car on the dyno but after Paul from Bama loaded up their V2 Race Tune he instantly added another 29/30 hp (I'll track down the exact numbers shortly)

Having driven Zach's car extensively along with a slew of Coyotes his just felt really responsive. His car is low mileage and isn't really beaten on but jeez was the power just that much more smooth that previously. I ripped it before and after the 93 Race Tune and CAI was installed so hopefully he doesn't see this post

Let me know if you're to have any other questions in the meantime and I'll be back with some dyno plots and pictures soon!

Alex
Thanks for the information. I was hoping that I would be able to re-load the trackey after loading a Bama tune just like saving the stock tune to return to it, but that doesn't seem to be the case from the information on your link.

Thanks again for the information.
Old 2/17/15, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by gjcavana

No,
call Ford Racing if you need to hear it from the source.
Old 3/5/15, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
I wonder if the aftermarket will ever be able to do this.

I'd like something to graduate to after my warranty expires.

Last edited by berzerk_1980; 3/5/15 at 08:43 PM.