Tire and Wheel Tech All the tire and wheel technical information you can think of in one place!

Update on Goodyear Exhilarate

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/24, 07:11 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,014 Likes on 630 Posts
Update on Goodyear Exhilarate

It's been 18 months now since I bought the set and I've been so pleased I upgraded to them for my R/T a fews weeks ago. These 'top of the line' Goodyears are every equal to the Michelin Pilot Sports that I had on my old 2007 Mustang. The handling is outstanding and no issues at all, from noise to the wet. Of course we will still see how they age as the years roll by. I went with the staggered set-up on the R/T as I needed more traction. The original Goodyear Eagle RS versions were OK but too much spinning with such a skinny tire. Original tires are never the best ones IMO but serve their purpose over the first couple years. These Exhilarate are really a good match for those looking for high performance all-season rubber. If anyone is in the market, Goodyear seems to offer $100 rebates a few times each year. i've done that both times now. The prices are otherwise about equal between the two brands. Both Made in USA.

Mustang stickers

Goodyear Exhilarate on GT

Challenger stickers

1" wider in rear

Old 4/6/24, 02:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I've never heard of that tire, but I haven't shopped performance tires in a long time. Good to hear first hand experience with a product though, appreciate you taking time to review them.

​​​​​I never had good luck with Goodyear tires, tried many times and finally stuck with Michelin. But I've noticed significantly less quality in the last few sets of SUV tires I bought. Actually just had to have a set made up and prorated because of excessive wear early. So I'll keep my eye on the ones you got when the 500 needs shoes.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (4/7/24)
Old 4/6/24, 03:18 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I've never heard of that tire, but I haven't shopped performance tires in a long time. Good to hear first hand experience with a product though, appreciate you taking time to review them.

​​​​​I never had good luck with Goodyear tires, tried many times and finally stuck with Michelin. But I've noticed significantly less quality in the last few sets of SUV tires I bought. Actually just had to have a set made up and prorated because of excessive wear early. So I'll keep my eye on the ones you got when the 500 needs shoes.
Never heard of these either but will keep this in mind when I need new shoes. I did love my Goodyear Gatorbacks that I ran on my '89 GT back in the day.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (4/7/24)