Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Whiteline goodies have arrived! Sweet Mercy.

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/13, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiteline goodies have arrived! Sweet Mercy.

Be honest with yourself. When you think of Australia, what do you really think of? Me, I spent my childhood in the 80s, so I think of Mad Max, Thunderdomes, Tina Turner’s chesticles, Grace Jones’ long and greasy ripped up Nubian buns, and over-engineered dune buggies. It seems like the guys who grew up watching the same things went on to form Whiteline.

Whiteline began life as a bushing company and forged their name with their amazing products. Car guys quickly realized the benefit of their bushing design and the word spread. Later on, the company moved on the design of aftermarket suspension components. Thankfully, they turned their dirty Australian eyes to the lowly Ford Mustang – and am I ever grateful.

I’ve spent weeks researching parts before the Mustang even arrived. The need for an adjustable Panhard Bar and it’s accompanying brace was an inevitability for a guy looking to lower his car a bit. Even if my planned 1” – 1.25” drop on the Steeda Sports wouldn’t require these bits, I knew the car would benefit from stouter pieces.

The negative feedback from the other parts I was researching – lower control arms, namely, led me to Whiteline. I didn’t exactly know what I wanted at the time, but I knew what I didn’t want: bushings that would bind and inhibit articulation. Also, the fact that their bushings don’t require maintenance was hugely impressive. Now this is what I was waiting for! Bereft of grease fittings, the Whiteline piece can fully articulate without fear of binding, dry rotting, or squeaking – and how awesome is that? Pretty **** awesome. I decided to pick up their Panhard Bar and Panhard Bar Support.

These parts arrived throughout the course of the last 10days. These parts are massive and beautifully engineered. Pure beef. I could dedicate an entire page to the quality of the welds and powder coating, but since I haven’t installed these yet (this Friday all my suspension upgrades will be in place), I’ll save that for my adrenaline/caffeine high.

A quick word about the packaging of these parts – if mummification was a contemporary practice, where modern materials would be used, then Egypt would be wise to take a few pages out of Whiteline’s playbook.

Around each part are several pieces of form fitting plastic bubble wrap – HUGE bubbles set inside of thick plastic. A kid intent on stomping on these will roll an ankle; you ain’t popping these. This is then set inside of an even thicker plastic sleeve, which is strong enough to resist tearing by hand. As if this weren’t enough protection, this outer bag is pressurized and then sealed.

It is this level of absurdity, made evident by the over-engineered packaging and construction of these parts, that has me enamored by this company. It’s clear they run their company according to the “WWMMD?” principle. If you wanted to create a bad *** Panhard Bar, you’d have to ask yourself, “What would Mad Max do?” When you set about the mission of engineering the manliest of Panhard Bar Braces, you need to know.

Here are some pics. Review of the upgraded suspension system will follow later.

Last edited by fdesalvo; 3/19/13 at 09:15 PM.
Old 3/19/13, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Washingtons. Baller.

Enjoy your parts.
Old 3/19/13, 09:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Doing the install yourself? If so it's super easy, did you just get the PHB and brace/
Old 3/19/13, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lsxjunkie
Washingtons. Baller.

Enjoy your parts.
That's all I've got left after all these parts. Taco Bell here I come!

Originally Posted by Brandon302
Doing the install yourself? If so it's super easy, did you just get the PHB and brace/
Yea. Looks fairly simple. Studying up on how to adjust the pb.
Old 3/19/13, 11:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by fdesalvo
Yea. Looks fairly simple. Studying up on how to adjust the pb.
Super easy, if I remember correctly it was counter-intuitive, so when the passenger side needed pushed out I twisted the bar toward the drivers side. Really easy stuff though, the bar is 1 and 1/8 and the lock nut is slightly bigger, wanna say 1 and 3/16 or something. I read you can spin the bar with the car on the ground but it is a little easier when jacked up.
Old 3/20/13, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Brandon302
Super easy, if I remember correctly it was counter-intuitive, so when the passenger side needed pushed out I twisted the bar toward the drivers side. Really easy stuff though, the bar is 1 and 1/8 and the lock nut is slightly bigger, wanna say 1 and 3/16 or something. I read you can spin the bar with the car on the ground but it is a little easier when jacked up.
Thanks again. You've def helped to instill confidence.
Old 3/20/13, 02:10 PM
Former Vendor

Great writeup! Thanks for sharing your input on Whiteline, it's truly a company that deserves recognition for their top notch quality.

Enjoy the new Panhard bar and let us know what you think after the installation!

Shane
Old 3/20/13, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Great writeup! Thanks for sharing your input on Whiteline, it's truly a company that deserves recognition for their top notch quality.

Enjoy the new Panhard bar and let us know what you think after the installation!

Shane
Hey, it's you again! Thanks for the speedy shipping on the PB Brace!
Old 3/20/13, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We really do enjoy Whiteline products, they make some top notch equipment and utilize some of the best materials.