Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Watts link: what, why, and who?

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/14, 02:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
A Watt's link is on my to-do list when I get around to suspension. I was leaning towards the Whiteline but really like the look of the Cortex system, but am having trouble finding photos of it installed in a street application. There are race car photos but no good street car photos, anybody have a link to some more photos?
It's going to look the same regardless of the application.
Old 7/8/14, 09:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Just a couple of things I've recently found out about some watts links warranties. I emailed Jim Fay and he replied that his warranty was 90 days no questions asked. He also noted that he had recently done a full exchange for no charge on a 5 year old system.

Cortex stated that they warrant their watts link with a lifetime warranty at their discretion. They do not cover bushings and rod ends. They consider these wear items.

I thought this might be useful to anyone in the market.
Old 7/9/14, 07:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Steeda's unit also comes with a lifetime warranty.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 7/9/14, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whiteline has I believe a 1 or 3 year warranty but I honestly don't think they would even question after that.
Old 7/9/14, 12:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
To quote the great Tommy Callahan: "Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

A warranty is great and all, but a quality product that doesn't break in the first place (and actually works as it should even when not broken) is #1 on my list.
Old 7/9/14, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Thank you, Joey.

Our Watt's Link is constructed out of tubular chrome moly alloy steel, not mild steel like competitors. TWICE as strong and lighter than mild steel competitors keeping weight to a minimum with superior strength. - See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang....qZj1wt73.dpuf
The following users liked this post:
tourer (3/1/17)
Old 7/9/14, 02:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
To quote the great Tommy Callahan: "Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

A warranty is great and all, but a quality product that doesn't break in the first place (and actually works as it should even when not broken) is #1 on my list.

I totally agree that quality should be the first concern. Support and customer service are still important. I can't afford to pay for a mod twice. If I purchase a product and it fails, I expect service. Obviously I'm not talking about abuse. The warranty is a part of my buying decision. I had purchased all steeda products for this reason but I am currently boycotting them.

Jay at hypernotive offers the best service and prices but I'm concerned about the couple of failures on whiteline products and their relatively short warranty.

This leaves me without a choice that I'm totally comfortable with. I know probably won't and shouldn't break. I'm the unlucky type that seems to be the exception. I think piece of mind is worth something to.
Old 7/9/14, 02:35 PM
GT Member

I was on the phone with BMR yesterday and was informed that they are about to release a watts link of their own shortly, that might be a direction to look into.
Old 7/9/14, 02:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by DinoDoc
I was on the phone with BMR yesterday and was informed that they are about to release a watts link of their own shortly, that might be a direction to look into.
Thank you for bringing the BMR up. I was reading about that on another site. I think they are coming out with 2 watts links. A diff mounted and a non diff mounted one. I'm very interested in it. Hypermotive carries BMR stuff. Maybe they'd carry this too.
Old 7/9/14, 03:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I totally agree Joey.
But,...the customer service is a huge plus as well.

Originally Posted by DinoDoc
Good call Lee.
Definitely look into BMR when that comes out.
Old 7/10/14, 01:16 AM
Former Vendor

Yep, we'll be getting the BMRs for sure, pretty excited about it too. They've always developed great products with lots of R&D. I'd say wait for the BMR, we plan on testing them extensively ourselves.
Old 7/10/14, 04:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Yep, we'll be getting the BMRs for sure, pretty excited about it too. They've always developed great products with lots of R&D. I'd say wait for the BMR, we plan on testing them extensively ourselves.
Exactly Jay.
Let us know how your testing goes please.

Last edited by Stage_3; 7/10/14 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added text
Old 7/11/14, 07:39 AM
Former Vendor

You bet brother.
Old 7/16/14, 05:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Any idea when the BMR watts link(s) will come out? I was leaning towards the Fays2 watts link because it seems like the MGW shifter of watts links...seems to be the number 1 choice and everybody's thrilled with it.
Old 7/24/14, 02:59 PM

Should be soon!!
Old 7/24/14, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
After reading these thread I was not aware of Steads Handling fee's. Glad to know that. I dont Pay them. It's like buying a car and having them put the extra fees to sell the car to you.. NOT.

I am interested in the BMR unit when it comes out.

I guess you can always get Steeda Stuff from others with out the Fee's?
Old 7/24/14, 09:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
After reading these thread I was not aware of Steads Handling fee's. Glad to know that. I dont Pay them. It's like buying a car and having them put the extra fees to sell the car to you.. NOT.

I am interested in the BMR unit when it comes out.

I guess you can always get Steeda Stuff from others with out the Fee's?

Lol, I like your example and feel the same way. I'm not going to support those kinds of business practices.

I'm waiting for the bmr unit to come out also. I'm hoping it's something impressive. I'd like to buy from hypermotive if possible. I like to support business that offers excellent service.

You could buy steeda stuff from elsewhere but I still feel like I'm supporting a business practice that is flawed. The sad part for me is most of my mods are steeda and I had planned on going with steeda for my sways and watts. I'm starting to think whiteline. I'm waiting on bmr before I decide.
Old 7/24/14, 09:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
You could buy steeda stuff from elsewhere but I still feel like I'm supporting a business practice that is flawed. The sad part for me is most of my mods are steeda and I had planned on going with steeda for my sways and watts. I'm starting to think whiteline. I'm waiting on bmr before I decide.
I'd wait for the BMR front and rear sways.
Old 7/24/14, 09:58 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You whiners. In the end its irrelevant. Just like some add 3% upcharge for CC on gunbroker. Compare what you get for the net. Inflation is real despite what the liar government says. Look at that bag of chips you just paid $3 bucks for morons. Particularly you Mr V. That's all you whine about is those few bucks. Never mention what you got for your money. If you don't like it don't buy. No reason for your all the time.

Steeda is the best Watts and American Made. With lifetime warranty. With Ford relationship. With someone who'll be around with Ford long term. Construction, mounting, weight. Total net net for what you get and compare them all. Download the instructions. It added to the convincing for me. Factor it all in and it is still the best.

Just wait for a sale.

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/24/14 at 10:02 PM.
Old 7/24/14, 11:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I still bought a Ford Mustang. Most Dealers want to charge you to buy the Car. I found one that did not. I will never pay the Fee. That being said if the Steeda is the best then get it but find a dealer that does not charge the Fee.

I am still waiting to see the BMR.

Any suggestions on Sway Bars? I am only Familiar with Eibach on other cars.

Quick Reply: Watts link: what, why, and who?