Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Watts link: what, why, and who?

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/14, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr. V
Dumb question. What is white line's warranty in their watts?

Honestly, if it breaks they will replace it unless you wrecked, etc.
Old 1/6/14, 10:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Honestly, if it breaks they will replace it unless you wrecked, etc.
I'm not trying to be difficult but do they state a lifetime warranty or give a warranty period?
Old 1/7/14, 10:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
The Steeda unit comes with a lifetime warranty.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/7/14, 01:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
That does blow, but as Jay said, have you contacted Whiteline and have they taken care of you? I was reluctant to get the Whiteline UCA after seeing/hearing about the failures. The fact that they replaced all of the units that were out and revised the unit to make sure it wouldn't happen again was enough to convince me to continue buying their products. I am sure Steeda's unit is very well engineered but I am sure they have had a failure or two, which then they would make changes to their design as well.
I would like to address the comment made here regarding Steeda’s Watts Link and would like to clarify that we have never had a reported Watts Link failure. Also, I'm not sure what the other brands weigh, but i'd be happy to weigh one of ours for you to get an exact weight. Ultimately what matters is what you guys are happy with no matter what the brand
The following users liked this post:
tourer (3/1/17)
Old 1/7/14, 02:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Kelly Leslie

I would like to address the comment made here regarding Steeda’s Watts Link and would like to clarify that we have never had a reported Watts Link failure. Also, I'm not sure what the other brands weigh, but i'd be happy to weigh one of ours for you to get an exact weight. Ultimately what matters is what you guys are happy with no matter what the brand
Count me as interested in the weight; thanks.
Old 1/7/14, 06:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
Count me as interested in the weight; thanks.
+1 that would be interesting to find out.
Old 1/13/14, 07:58 AM

Hi guys, I didn't forget about ya I am waiting on our next round of Watts Links to be completed so I can grab one to weigh.
The following users liked this post:
tourer (3/1/17)
Old 3/23/14, 01:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Hi guys, I didn't forget about ya I am waiting on our next round of Watts Links to be completed so I can grab one to weigh.
I'm guessing someone forgot.
Old 3/23/14, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
I'm guessing someone forgot.
Yep. Oh Kelly
Old 3/23/14, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not trying to be difficult but do they state a lifetime warranty or give a warranty period?

lol, you're not being difficult. The warranty on Whiteline is 3 years.
Old 3/24/14, 12:11 PM
Bullitt Member

What sway bars does the Steeda watts link work with? I have a stock non Brembo GT but I am planning to add the Boss springs/dampers. So not really much of a drop per say compared to stock height. I plan to stay with the stock sway bars unless I can be convinced to do otherwise with the addition of the watts link.

Last edited by creedog; 3/24/14 at 12:15 PM.
Old 3/24/14, 07:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Hey V are have you purchased yet or still researching the Watts link?
Old 3/24/14, 08:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Hey V are have you purchased yet or still researching the Watts link?
I'm still researching, sort of. I'm doing a micro protest of steeda and it seems they may be the only choice that meets my needs. I may just leave it alone.
Old 3/25/14, 09:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm still researching, sort of. I'm doing a micro protest of steeda and it seems they may be the only choice that meets my needs. I may just leave it alone.
BMR is making one, it is diff mounted I believe but it also has a double shear design instead of Whiteline's single.
Old 3/25/14, 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
BMR is making one, it is diff mounted I believe but it also has a double shear design instead of Whiteline's single.
This Could be interesting, Thanks for the info Brandon.
Old 3/25/14, 08:09 PM
GT Member

I would go the opposite of what you said, neither Steeda nor Fays2 since they are heavy, rather do a Whiteline, Cortex, or Griggs diff mounted WL.[/QUOTE]

^^This, through my research and talking to others those mentioned above are the way to go. I looked into WL but found it to be overkill for my v6 since it's mostly just a street car.[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear the Fays2 is only seven pounds heavier than the Whiteline. And it is a very robust piece of equipment. No noise at all from my install.
Old 3/26/14, 03:07 PM

Hi all! I can say a small handling fee is far from price gouging. We did start it when we offered free shipping so its a minor charge when compared to the price of shipping a larger item such as the watts link. Our watts link weighs about 36 pounds. It is a chassis mounted unit so it may weigh more then the simple design of the axle mounted ones. With that being said the chassis mount links will provide better performance and consistency. The axle mounted units have a roll center that changes as the body moves so they are less predictable. Our watts link are made in the USA and have a lifetime warranty. Better consistency, made in the USA and lifetime warranty kinda sound better then an import with a 3 year warranty!

Last edited by steedamatt; 3/26/14 at 03:21 PM.
Old 3/26/14, 03:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by steedamatt
Hi all! I can say a small handling fee is far from price gouging. We did start it when we offered free shipping so its a minor charge when compared to the price of shipping a larger item such as the watts link. Our watts link weighs about 36 pounds. It is a chassis mounted unit so it may weigh more then the simple design of the axle mounted ones. With that being said the chassis mount links will provide better performance and consistency. The axle mounted units have a roll center that changes as the body moves so they are less predictable. Our watts link are made in the USA and have a lifetime warranty. Better consistency, made in the USA and lifetime warranty kinda sound better then an import with a 3 year warranty!
Hi all! I can say a small handling fee when advertising free shipping may be better described as bait and switch. I am a marketing teacher and have always felt it was unethical practice. Label it however you want. If the price of production rises, raise the price on the items to balance your profit margins.

That said, I have Steeda products and like them. I had an LCA that squeaked and Steeda replaced the bearing for free. Steeda makes its products in the US and offers a lifetime warranty. These are all reasons I bought their product. I also pay for service and to reward business that I feel do business in a way that I feel is just. This is why I have also done business with Jay at Hypermotive and will continue to do so. It is also why I will not purchase any more Steeda products myself. It is not my intent to start a debate. Lets just agree to disagree. In the market place, my dollars or anyone that agrees with me is but a drop in a bucket to your company. If I was wrong in this assumption, your policy would have changed.
Old 3/26/14, 04:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by steedamatt
First off Steeda is not the only ones making parts made in the U.S. Second I agree with Mr. V, while I like Steeda's parts I think to say you have free shipping but have a blanket handling fee is not good practice.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 3/28/14 at 05:34 AM.
Old 3/28/14, 05:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

A Watt's link is on my to-do list when I get around to suspension. I was leaning towards the Whiteline but really like the look of the Cortex system, but am having trouble finding photos of it installed in a street application. There are race car photos but no good street car photos, anybody have a link to some more photos?

Quick Reply: Watts link: what, why, and who?