Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Suspension noise help

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/13, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension noise help

Hello everyone, new here and just recently purchased a 2011 5.0 last week and so far been loving the car except one minor issue that has just started. When reversing out of my driveway as soon as I turn the wheel the car seems to "vibrate" pretty bad I have also noticed it when turning at stop sighs or at anytime from a stop. It's a combination of this vibrating and a few loud clunking noise coming from the back and its getting pretty bad. Any thoughts on what it could be? I may try to get a video later as I'm pretty bad at describing noises oh and the car has 57,000 miles on it.

Car is a 2011 California Special.

Last edited by jmurray87; 12/21/13 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12/21/13, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would need to see it in person honestly, if this car has 57k miles and was potentially tracked the front bearing tend to go quickly. Do you notice any slight grinding noise at all while driving?
Old 12/21/13, 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Rear brakes?
Old 12/22/13, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
I would need to see it in person honestly, if this car has 57k miles and was potentially tracked the front bearing tend to go quickly. Do you notice any slight grinding noise at all while driving?
None that I noticed. Took it around the block and same thing heavy vibrating feeling at slow speeds mostly while turning but once the car is moving and at a higher speed It seems fine. I did go to a empty parking lot and just did full circle turns at idle and could just hear lots of clunking going on in the back. So I got it home and got under it and did notice something interesting. All around the rear axle I can see what looks to be a bad sealant job as if its been taken apart before so im beginning to wonder. Either way tomorrow morning ill be taking the car to Ford so they can have a look see whats going on.
Old 12/22/13, 07:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What all if anything has been done to it
Old 12/22/13, 08:32 PM

The car is bone stock other then GT500 axle back. The rear end has obviously been worked on before and I cant believe I didn't notice when I looked at it at the dealer.

Name:  IMG_20131222_154040_zpsxwlmumee.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  90.6 KB

So im wondering if this is a big part of the problem im having? Looks like a half *** job was done on it IMO.
Old 12/26/13, 11:48 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jmurray87
Hello everyone, new here and just recently purchased a 2011 5.0 last week and so far been loving the car except one minor issue that has just started. When reversing out of my driveway as soon as I turn the wheel the car seems to "vibrate" pretty bad I have also noticed it when turning at stop sighs or at anytime from a stop. It's a combination of this vibrating and a few loud clunking noise coming from the back and its getting pretty bad. Any thoughts on what it could be? I may try to get a video later as I'm pretty bad at describing noises oh and the car has 57,000 miles on it.

Car is a 2011 California Special.
Hello jmurray87,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I recommend checking with your dealer. Your service manager is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here.

Let me know how it goes!

Deysha
Old 1/2/14, 05:01 PM

Well took it to Ford again this morning and the service advisor there basically said that since it was worked on before before I bought it I would be charged just to have it looked at again. So they said to take it to where I bought it from (Hyundai dealer) and have them take care of it so I said fine whatever and took it there. Guess what? They said "Yeah we will probably take it to Ford have them check it out" I feel like im getting the dam run around here.

BTW, Ford wanting to charge me doesn't make sense since I took it there just after I got the car and noticed it and they looked at it for free and claimed they felt and saw nothing starting to think this dealer I went to doesn't really know whats going on.
Old 1/3/14, 07:51 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jmurray87
Well took it to Ford again this morning and the service advisor there basically said that since it was worked on before before I bought it I would be charged just to have it looked at again. So they said to take it to where I bought it from (Hyundai dealer) and have them take care of it so I said fine whatever and took it there. Guess what? They said "Yeah we will probably take it to Ford have them check it out" I feel like im getting the dam run around here.

BTW, Ford wanting to charge me doesn't make sense since I took it there just after I got the car and noticed it and they looked at it for free and claimed they felt and saw nothing starting to think this dealer I went to doesn't really know whats going on.
This is normal, jmurray87. Under most state laws, a dealership's service department is entitled to ask for payment of a diagnostic fee which covers the labor cost to determine the cause of a vehicle's concern. Upon diagnosis, if the repair is covered under an applicable warranty, extended service plan, recall, or customer satisfaction program, it is customary for the diagnostic fee to be waived.

PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, address, and best daytime number so I can review this for you.

Deysha