Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Steeda Sport Springs 2011 Vert-How much of a drop

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/17, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda Sport Springs 2011 Vert-How much of a drop

Hey guys

I just ordered a set of Steeda Sport Springs for my 2011 Vert. Is anybody running these springs on Konis shocks and a convertible? Just wondering what kind of drop to be expected in the rear.
Old 3/30/17, 08:04 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
Steed sports are usually 1" in front and 1.25" in the back. I have them with Koni Strt's on my 2011 coupe and the advertised drop was as advertised.
Old 3/30/17, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by EF1
Steed sports are usually 1" in front and 1.25" in the back. I have them with Koni Strt's on my 2011 coupe and the advertised drop was as advertised.
The Konis didnt drop your front an additional .25" ? The Konis are a shorter strut than the OEM ones.

I know for the convertible the Sports are rated at a 1.0" and 1.25" drop..but the vert is already .5" lower than the coupe from the factor. If you look at the Pro Kit, it lowers the coupe 1" and 1.5"....the same spring only lowers the vert 1.0" in the rear, as its already a .5" lower.

If you use the same idea with the Sports...it should be 1.0" front and .75" in the rear.
Old 3/31/17, 06:18 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

No additional drop from the Koni's. They may be shorter than the factory units, but that doesn't affect overall ride height. It just means that at min/max length is a little shorter. I would pm tj@steeda for additional information on the vert springs. Steeda sells a separate set of sport springs for the verts, so they may have taken the different ride height into effect.
The following users liked this post:
Scubes57 (4/1/17)
Old 3/31/17, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
just ordered steeda sports and a whiteline p/h bar to go with my koni str.ts and gt500 mounts on my 2012 gt brembo,cant wait to get them in and settled then aligned!
The following users liked this post:
tj@steeda (3/31/17)
Old 4/1/17, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by EF1
No additional drop from the Koni's. They may be shorter than the factory units, but that doesn't affect overall ride height. It just means that at min/max length is a little shorter. I would pm tj@steeda for additional information on the vert springs. Steeda sells a separate set of sport springs for the verts, so they may have taken the different ride height into effect.
I got a great rep with the Steeda live chat that explained the different drops between the coupe and vert yesterday. All is good, lol.

The Konis though are confirmed to be shorter than the Oem struts, from the spring perch, to the top mounting bolt... Therefore the front should sit around. 25" lower than the Oem. I guess most people replace the struts and springs at the same time, so don't really notice. I found a write up where a guy had lowering springs that had settled, then switched up his struts... And noticed that the front was sitting lower. The BMR tech guys, confirmed that this is the cause.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Cheers
Old 4/1/17, 12:50 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

I stand corrected. I didn't notice any additional drop, but I did springs, shocks/struts, and upper mounts all at the same time. I measured before and after and got about a 1" drop on the front, but it is kind of hard to measure consistently. Glad you figured it all out. Now you just need to purchase, install and enjoy.