Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

screaming mad hawk pads on tps rotors.

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/13, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302

Do what you will, though I can't see why the manufacturer would suggest their bedding procedure for their pads if there was a better way of doing it.
It hasn't worked thats why I'm on my third set of pads in a month in a half. I have had ceramic pads on my vehicles in the past and didn't have any issues and that's why I went with these pads.

Last edited by just4fun; 5/31/13 at 05:53 AM.
Old 5/31/13, 05:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by just4fun
It hasn't worked thats why I'm on my third set of pads in a month in a half.
I cant speak for the ceramic Hawk pads, however what I am talking about is the bedding procedure to ensure the brakes are the most effective. You said you have had issues with the noise but not the actual braking. What I disagree with Ponywars about is the procedure for bedding the pad, since the point of heating the pad is to transfer a film of pad material which helps in the pad gripping the rotor, and most likely promotes an even wear of the pad.
Old 5/31/13, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon302

I cant speak for the ceramic Hawk pads, however what I am talking about is the bedding procedure to ensure the brakes are the most effective. You said you have had issues with the noise but not the actual braking. What I disagree with Ponywars about is the procedure for bedding the pad, since the point of heating the pad is to transfer a film of pad material which helps in the pad gripping the rotor, and most likely promotes an even wear of the pad.
I hear what your saying and I understand that the don't put just instructions on the box of parts just to put it on there. It works that way for a reason. Most likely the problem is the material in the pad causing the noise and now that I'm not working this Saturday ill remove everything and start over. I also understand what ponywars is saying also because I've done that with the second set of pads and it took about a week for the noise to start.
Old 6/1/13, 06:18 PM

This morning I took the car back apart and change the pads over to the hps pads and painted the rotors and rear calipers gloss black. I now have around 50 miles on the new pads and no noise. Thank you guys for all your help with my brake issues now I can tackle my handheld tuner issues. John.
Old 6/15/13, 05:14 PM

Well it's been two weeks on the hps pads and not a peep. Thanks for all the help guys.