Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Rotor upgrade for stock Brembos

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/13, 02:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by essque
^^nice find, those look great. did u notice any difference in braking performance?
Thanks. I haven't had much time with them. I bedded them in, then it says to avoid hard braking for something like 200 miles. I haven't pushed them. I'm not expecting much, but maybe there will be less fade.

I originally got a good deal on the rears, have wanted the matching fronts, but didn't want to spend the ~400, got both shipped for 230....couldn't pass em up!

Last edited by Tapakegovagnaps; 5/2/13 at 02:07 PM.
Old 5/2/13, 04:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Have heard good things about DBA rotors - contact my buddy Pete on his track oriented Mustang parts website, http://www.trackdaysolutions.com - he's got a lot of experience with his Boss 302 LS and other cars in the brake rotor & pad choice area!
Old 5/7/13, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Have heard good things about DBA rotors - contact my buddy Pete on his track oriented Mustang parts website, http://www.trackdaysolutions.com - he's got a lot of experience with his Boss 302 LS and other cars in the brake rotor & pad choice area!
Careful with DBA. They do not stand behind their products. I bought spendy two piece rotors for the front of my STi a few years back and my right front was slightly warped from the vendor.(probably sat at the bottom of a pile of rotors on a shelf for too long).

Anyway I threw them on took them out to bed the pads. I noticed slight vibration but wrote it off as crappy pavement I was on. Then I took the car to the track the next day. After one lap at the track I was starting to feel worse vibration and when trying to brake from 125 off the front straight it felt like the steering wheel was going to rip out of my hands it was so bad.

DBA puts temperature sensitive paint strips on the top of their rotors and sure enough my right front was burned through them all. Called DBA and after really pressing the issue they agreed to look at pictures I sent in. I got told to pound sand based on it was clear I has abused the rotor.

The vendor(Horsepower freaks) I bought them from also was unsupportive, last business either will get from me.
Old 5/9/13, 10:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by ConeBoss
Careful with DBA. They do not stand behind their products. I bought spendy two piece rotors for the front of my STi a few years back and my right front was slightly warped from the vendor.(probably sat at the bottom of a pile of rotors on a shelf for too long).

Anyway I threw them on took them out to bed the pads. I noticed slight vibration but wrote it off as crappy pavement I was on. Then I took the car to the track the next day. After one lap at the track I was starting to feel worse vibration and when trying to brake from 125 off the front straight it felt like the steering wheel was going to rip out of my hands it was so bad.

DBA puts temperature sensitive paint strips on the top of their rotors and sure enough my right front was burned through them all. Called DBA and after really pressing the issue they agreed to look at pictures I sent in. I got told to pound sand based on it was clear I has abused the rotor.

The vendor(Horsepower freaks) I bought them from also was unsupportive, last business either will get from me.
That doesn't sound like an issue with DBA, I could understand being pissed if you noticed they were warped and contacted them and they told you to pound sand.
Old 5/10/13, 11:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just ordered these, they should be here tuesday or wednesday. I'll let y'all know if they are any good!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3961359
Old 10/9/13, 01:36 AM
sai
GT Member

Originally Posted by G Wrecks
I just ordered these, they should be here tuesday or wednesday. I'll let y'all know if they are any good!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3961359
any improvement in performance and pedal feel vs stock brembo setup ?
Old 10/15/13, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Any update on how these feel?

Oddly enough, I'm thinking about putting these on the front of my wife's escape.
Old 10/17/13, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I put them on an QX56 and they were great for the 10k or so miles or I drove them, including towing. Can't speak to overall street life though since I sold that behemoth several months ago. They have been on my STi for going on two years with great life and performance.
Old 10/21/13, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drilled and slotted are merely for cosmetics, 2 piece help in lowering heat and are typically lighter. Gases aren't evaporated from new brake pads, this was the original reasoning behind drilled and slotted. If you track your car slotted are fine but stay away from drilled, baer brakes have been prone to crack on these heavy mustang cars. One of the reasons why the Shelby SS cars come with Wilwood now.
DBA rotors are pretty amazing, sorry Coneboss you had an issue. The durability of the DBA's are great.
Now the stock brembo rotors are just fine, you'll actually notice many track teams use the OEM brembo rotors.
Old 10/21/13, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Drilled and slotted are merely for cosmetics, 2 piece help in lowering heat and are typically lighter. Gases aren't evaporated from new brake pads, this was the original reasoning behind drilled and slotted. If you track your car slotted are fine but stay away from drilled, baer brakes have been prone to crack on these heavy mustang cars. One of the reasons why the Shelby SS cars come with Wilwood now.
DBA rotors are pretty amazing, sorry Coneboss you had an issue. The durability of the DBA's are great.
Now the stock brembo rotors are just fine, you'll actually notice many track teams use the OEM brembo rotors.
Do not slots in rotors help keep the pad surface fresh and help prevent glazing? Also, regarding DBA quality...I have heard lots and lots of praise and I do not doubt the quality of their stuff. It was the lack of customer support and refusal to stand behind a high dollar product in a situation that was clearly product defect related.