Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Quiet suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/13, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ross
Not cheap to lower the car correctly.
You could get away w/ just camber bolts and a adjustable panhard. Your stock DS should be able to handle the change in pinion angle due to the cv joint. You might need relo brackets if you notice a loss of traction.
700-750 for the sports
200-250 springs
20-40 camber bolts
100-150 panhard
100-120 relo bracket*
250-300 UCA and mount*
*optional
Plus a couple of hundred to install, if you cant do it yourself.
You might get lucky w/ alignment. You can check it for free at alot of tire chains. If its out of spec, another 50-100.
Safe to say, $1000-1500 if you want to drop 1"-1.5".

And I don't think that anyone will give you an iron-clad gaurantee that the upgrade will be "quiet".
Good advice...I would also strongly recommend getting LCA to go with the relocation brackets. oh yeah.....you'll need gt500 upper strut mounts when you the Koni Sports or Str.t

to the OP if youre gonna lower, might as well do it all at once. kinda pointless to add one part at a time. i hate having my car in the shop.
Old 3/12/13, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

THAT looks amazing!
Old 3/12/13, 12:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Bocefus

Good advice...I would also strongly recommend getting LCA to go with the relocation brackets. oh yeah.....you'll need gt500 upper strut mounts when you the Koni Sports or Str.t

to the OP if youre gonna lower, might as well do it all at once. kinda pointless to add one part at a time. i hate having my car in the shop.
Lol. I totally agree. My wallet begs to differ. The only cool thing about doing parts one at a time is you can analyze what each part did. My car feels amazing when accelerating out of a corner. I'm told my steeda lca and relo brackets make that happen. I did shocks and springs at the same time. I have I know idea what parts did what.

I just know I like the result. Did I need camber plates and relo brackets? I don't really know. I think I did because I spent the money. I think my opinion is colored by that fact.

Also, thank you to all with their kind comments. I love the way the car looks and handles. I have a couple of friends with slammed cars that are still asking me when am I going to lower it. I wanted a factory look and I think that annoying question means I got it.
Old 3/12/13, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

good point on being able to feel the difference of adding one or 2 parts at a time does.
Old 3/12/13, 10:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Lol. I totally agree. My wallet begs to differ. The only cool thing about doing parts one at a time is you can analyze what each part did. My car feels amazing when accelerating out of a corner. I'm told my steeda lca and relo brackets make that happen. I did shocks and springs at the same time. I have I know idea what parts did what.

I just know I like the result. Did I need camber plates and relo brackets? I don't really know. I think I did because I spent the money. I think my opinion is colored by that fact.

Also, thank you to all with their kind comments. I love the way the car looks and handles. I have a couple of friends with slammed cars that are still asking me when am I going to lower it. I wanted a factory look and I think that annoying question means I got it.
Now find a local PDX or HPDE and really see how the car feels, it's always awesome to have a "brutish" Mustang keep up with a "refined" Porsche.
Old 3/13/13, 09:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302

Now find a local PDX or HPDE and really see how the car feels, it's always awesome to have a "brutish" Mustang keep up with a "refined" Porsche.
This is the plan. I have to work on the most important mod. Driver mod. I'm an average driver at best. I've driven mostly European cars that are, in truth, easy to drive. This car requires talent and training to drive. I have neither but plan on working on it now. The car on stock form made me nervous with even spirited driving through a canyon. While I can't buy talent, I can afford some training. Wish me luck!