Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Panhard Bar Question - Steel vs Aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/13, 11:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
We think all of our parts are better than the competition ... why would we be in business if we did not have that feeling?

From our engineering to our testing ... we have put a lot of time and made a large investment in making the best products that we can make, and we will continue to push these products to the limits to keep improving them. Might I add, we have done this by keeping all of our manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and not "lowering our quality" by saving a buck and outsourcing.

If companies didn't push each other to keep improving and adapting, then the consumer would ultimately lose.

If this type of advertising is not your thing, then I understand, but we choose to educate the consumer with our articles.

In the end ... if the consumer does not .want to purchase from us, then that is their choice and that is what makes America a great country - the freedom for the consumer to choose.

Best Regards,

TJ
Very well said. As a consumer one needs to take time to evaluate the product they are going to use and know the companies reputation to stand behind their products.
Old 8/29/13, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
If this type of advertising is not your thing, then I understand, but we choose to educate the consumer with our articles.
It just seems to be a little bit of misinformation, at least on the part of the Watts link, which is what I have an issue with. It was stated that the diff housing was not meant for transferring loads, and yet your 5 link attaches to the diff, unless there is difference in how load is transferred.
Old 8/29/13, 08:12 PM
Cobra Member

I think Brandon302 has a point. I hate when companies try to bash the competition with ads and stuff. Just let your products speak for themselves. I will go by research and what others say about the products anyway not any particular company claims. It makes me not wanna do business with a company when they do things like that.
Old 8/29/13, 08:50 PM
V6 Member

New to the suspension game here

I find this to be a pretty interesting thread, as I am just learning about what can make my BOSS just a bit better.

1-No change that can not be reversed. and put back to original

2-A Vehicle that is still "Street-able", but also able to take to the track on occasion.

3-NO DRAG RACINGI have another car for that

As I am in Afghanistan and not able to call without accruing a huge phone bill, I have attempted to get someone from Kenny Brown to write me back, but that has not worked.

If either TJ or Jay, (Or Both), would like to write to me, to talk about where I should start, I am all ears.
V/r
Mike
Old 8/30/13, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SeaPig
I find this to be a pretty interesting thread, as I am just learning about what can make my BOSS just a bit better.

1-No change that can not be reversed. and put back to original

2-A Vehicle that is still "Street-able", but also able to take to the track on occasion.

3-NO DRAG RACINGI have another car for that

As I am in Afghanistan and not able to call without accruing a huge phone bill, I have attempted to get someone from Kenny Brown to write me back, but that has not worked.

If either TJ or Jay, (Or Both), would like to write to me, to talk about where I should start, I am all ears.
V/r
Mike
Kenny Brown can be hit or miss, try emailing Maximum Motorsports, they should email you back very quickly. They also will talk your ear off, should you get them on the phone.
Old 8/30/13, 11:07 AM
V6 Member

Thanks Brandon-
It is appreciated. I am currently putting together a build with Matt over at Steeda, to see where this whole crazy thing ends up. I do really enjoy all of the options we have here for these vehicles. It is quite amazing actually. And being a Newbie in this upgrade it is quite the learning curve for me.
Yep, KB just missed out on about a 4K sale, just for the lack of a response to any of my mails.
That is OK, it helped narrow the field

Last edited by SeaPig; 8/30/13 at 12:11 PM.
Old 8/30/13, 11:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Sam Strano knows his stuff
Old 8/30/13, 12:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SeaPig
Thanks Brandon-
It is appreciated. I am currently putting together a build with Matt over at Steeda, to see where this whole crazy thing ends up. I do really enjoy all of the options we have here for these vehicles. It is quite amazing actually. And being a Newbie in this upgrade it is quite the learning curve for me.
I am by no means an expert on racing or suspension, but I would say that you should do everything piece by piece so that you can appreciate what it is that you're upgrading. It will make it much more expensive but also make you aware of what is going on when you change something on your car.
Old 8/30/13, 12:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Sam Strano knows his stuff
This also, but I wouldn't buy stuff from him since other places "Jay@Hypermotive" beat his prices by at least 100 bucks if not more.
Old 8/30/13, 12:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Brandon302
I am by no means an expert on racing or suspension, but I would say that you should do everything piece by piece so that you can appreciate what it is that you're upgrading. It will make it much more expensive but also make you aware of what is going on when you change something on your car.
You are not the first I have heard this from Brandon and it sounds like very good advice.
Also from what I am reading, after the suspension goodies, then you need to go into the Brake and wheel upgrades.....OUCH!!!
Those things are REALLY going to put a hole in the wallet
Old 8/30/13, 07:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just about every part we sell, we've tested on one of our cars. There are a few that we haven't tried but I'm up front and honest if that's the case. We've learned a lot by testing parts, pushing them and throughout the process we've found what we like, each and every person on the Hypermotive team.
Thanks Brandon for telling people about us, much appreciated. We can steer you in the right direction without being partial to one company or another, many times I've recommended parts that I don't sell because it would benefit that person more.
Old 9/3/13, 09:05 PM
Cobra Member

I'm running a BMR steel adj. steel is more ductile yet weaker than aluminum. When there is a hard blow to aluminum it is more likely to crack instead of bend. I'm happy with my BMR steel bar.