Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Panhard Bar advice

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/17, 03:06 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
On the Brembo option the car came with a different rear suspension and LCA. Including different shocks and struts.

Im trying to find out what the differences are.
Did your car come with the Track pack or Bembo's?
So if you already know the track pack cars include the Brembo brake package, then why in the hell would you even ask somebody if their car has the track pack or Brembo package for in the first place ?

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 2/11/17 at 04:55 PM.
Old 2/11/17, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
No big deal guys. The 2 main performance oriented options were either Brembo or Track Pack for 13-14 cars. And the TP as Patrick explained included the 14" 4 piston Brembo brakes up front.
Actually it is, especially when the car owner/OP who has the TP package doesn't even know it also includes Brembo brakes

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 2/11/17 at 05:48 PM.
Old 3/2/17, 05:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i have a 12 gt brembo 6mt with koni orange, gt500 mounts with a roush uca (non adj) and am going with steeda sports soon,1" drop in front 1.25 in the rear with an adj p/h bar, will i need lca brackets or an adj uca or camber bolts or am i good to go with just an alignment and what i have?
Old 3/2/17, 05:53 PM

At just 1" drop with Steeda sport springs, you shouldn't need camber bolts at all.. However you should still have your front alignment checked just to be on the safe side anyhow and if for some reason your alignment isn't within factory specs, all you would need to do is just have your GT500 strut mounts rotated 180* which should be more than enough to correct it..

Other than an adj panhard bar, I really don't think getting an adj uca and lca brackets are necessary at just 1.25 drop in the rear, unless you plan on using your car at the track and concerned about wheel hop.. For mostly street usage, I wouldn't even bother wasting my time and hard earned money IMHO..
Old 3/2/17, 06:59 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Ponywars
i have a 12 gt brembo 6mt with koni orange, gt500 mounts with a roush uca (non adj) and am going with steeda sports soon,1" drop in front 1.25 in the rear with an adj p/h bar, will i need lca brackets or an adj uca or camber bolts or am i good to go with just an alignment and what i have?
I have a 2011 Brembo car with similar set up. Steeda Sports and Koni Oranges, but I have the Steeda HD strut mounts instead of the GT 500 mounts. You should be good to go with what you have. I went ahead and used the camber adj Steeda mounts on the front since I didn't want to reuse the stock mounts. I used an adj UCA, but it is not needed. I plan to switch to a one piece drive shaft and wanted to be able to correct pinion angle, so I went ahead and did it at the same time as the rest of the suspension. LCA relo brackets are not needed. I did add the adj pan hard bar to recenter the year end as has already been mentioned. The rear was a bit off center, but not enough to see without measuring.
Old 3/2/17, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks guys!!!
Old 3/18/17, 08:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
So if you already know the track pack cars include the Brembo brake package, then why in the hell would you even ask somebody if their car has the track pack or Brembo package for in the first place ?

If you could read you would see I was asking about the shocks and struts that are totally different on the cars according to Ford.

Just wanted to know what they are.
Old 3/18/17, 05:39 PM

If you could read you would see I was asking about the shocks and struts that are totally different on the cars according to Ford.

Just wanted to know what they are.

Perhaps if you had bothered to word your question in an adult and intelligent manner to begin with, I wouldn't had misinterpreted what you posted in the first place.. Therefore if you expect direct answers to your questions, post them in a specific and clarified manner from the very start

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/18/17 at 07:18 PM.
Old 3/18/17, 11:36 PM
Cobra Member

The Parts for these options shocks and struts are different from each. I was wanting to know if any one knew what type of valving was in each?
Old 3/19/17, 05:22 PM

After several research attempts, I did a search here on TMS and also on google.. The only info I was able to find out about the struts/shocks for the 2013-14 Brembo brake/track pack is.. The spring rates are tuned differently for the Brembo package.. However I was unable to find any specific info as to which brand struts/shocks and valving specs were used.. According to Brembo50.com they quote " the Brembo Suspension System has not been compromised due to the fact that the OEM Spring Rates are still retained and continue to be tuned to the OEM struts and shocks".. Therefore if what Brembo claims is accurate, Ford is still using the OEM dampers on the Brembo package and from my understanding, Ford's OEM struts/shocks are manufactured by Tokico..

Originally Posted by sam strano

As for the Boss shocks: We know nothing about them, but I assume they are probably Tokico's and I'm on record as stating that prefer the Koni's over D-specs having had them both. More than any other group the Ford guys seem to be married to "Ford" parts (even when they aren't really Ford parts). Hell most every part in the FR3 kit, actually every part, isn't actually a Ford part. The springs and bars are rebranded Eibach's. The dampers are Tokico housings and Multimatic did the valving specs--but I'm betting didn't build the shocks though I can't prove that. And you know, the thing I hated most about the Shelby was those FR3 dampers. We improved the ride and handling both dumping those (which is the first thing we did).

At any rate, I've provided some links that may provide helpful.. Look especially at the Brembo50.com site and select the 55D springs link in which I took their quote from..

http://www.brembo50.com/55d-springs.html

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ension-522575/

http://www.brembo50.com/

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t339509/

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...matter-486829/

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/19/17 at 11:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tourer (3/28/17)
Old 3/19/17, 05:41 PM

The Parts for these options shocks and struts are different from each. I was wanting to know if any one knew what type of valving was in each?
You may also find the following link as interesting as well in regards to the performance pack on the 2013-14 Shelby GT500, as it mentions that Bilstein two mode adjustable dampers were included as part of the "OEM" performance package..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby...d_Shelby_GT500

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/19/17 at 05:44 PM.
Old 3/21/17, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

After several research attempts, I did a search here on TMS and also on google.. The only info I was able to find out about the struts/shocks for the 2013-14 Brembo brake/track pack is.. The spring rates are tuned differently for the Brembo package.. However I was unable to find any specific info as to which brand struts/shocks and valving specs were used.. According to Brembo50.com they quote " the Brembo Suspension System has not been compromised due to the fact that the OEM Spring Rates are still retained and continue to be tuned to the OEM struts and shocks".. Therefore if what Brembo claims is accurate, Ford is still using the OEM dampers on the Brembo package and from my understanding, Ford's OEM struts/shocks are manufactured by Tokico..

At any rate, I've provided some links that may provide helpful.. Look especially at the Brembo50.com site and select the 55D springs link in which I took their quote from..

http://www.brembo50.com/55d-springs.html

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ension-522575/

http://www.brembo50.com/

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t339509/

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...matter-486829/

Thank you for all of the great information. When I try to search on this forum I just cant seen to find anything. LOL

When I looked at OEM Shocks the Brembo, Stock and GT 500 all have different part numbers. Seems the Track car gets a different axle and Shocks and a few other things based on my Ford part numbers.

Just was was wondering.

Thankx again..05Fast
Old 3/21/17, 12:43 PM
Cobra Member

Does anyone's Panhard bar rub or come close to rubbing on the Track cars diff Cover?

Ford Racing sells theirs with an offset for this and was wondering if I will have other rub if they dont have the offset?
Old 3/21/17, 04:46 PM

Thank you for all of the great information. When I try to search on this forum I just cant seen to find anything. LOL

When I looked at OEM Shocks the Brembo, Stock and GT 500 all have different part numbers. Seems the Track car gets a different axle and Shocks and a few other things based on my Ford part numbers.

Just was was wondering.

Thankx again..05Fast
I don't know why Ford is so reluctant when it comes to revealing technical specs about who the manufacturer of a particular part happens to be, even when providing the exact part number.. IMO I really don't think it's expecting too much when a customer is seeking to find technical specs from the manufacturer about their own car for god sake, as Ford seems to make it appear as though they're hiding some sort of conspiracy cover up from their customers for whatever stupid purpose they may have up their sleeve lol.

At any rate, I'm just going to assume from the info I provided you with that the struts/shocks in which Ford uses for the Brembo/track packages are also manufactured by Tokico.. As for which Tokico's are used ? your guess is as good as mine on that one.. For all we know, they could be using the very same valving/tuning as the Tokico D-specs which are included as part of the Ford performance parts handling package or they just might also be manufactured for FPP by Eibach.. As we do know that Eibach is also the manufacturer of FPP's P and K springs..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/21/17 at 11:33 PM.
Old 3/23/17, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

I don't know why Ford is so reluctant when it comes to revealing technical specs about who the manufacturer of a particular part happens to be, even when providing the exact part number.. IMO I really don't think it's expecting too much when a customer is seeking to find technical specs from the manufacturer about their own car for god sake, as Ford seems to make it appear as though they're hiding some sort of conspiracy cover up from their customers for whatever stupid purpose they may have up their sleeve lol.

At any rate, I'm just going to assume from the info I provided you with that the struts/shocks in which Ford uses for the Brembo/track packages are also manufactured by Tokico.. As for which Tokico's are used ? your guess is as good as mine on that one.. For all we know, they could be using the very same valving/tuning as the Tokico D-specs which are included as part of the Ford performance parts handling package or they just might also be manufactured for FPP by Eibach.. As we do know that Eibach is also the manufacturer of FPP's P and K springs..

You have a ton of great information.

Took a while to go through. It would be really nice if I could get the information on OEM shocks. My shocks are totally different that my other mustang with out the Track pack.

I really wish QA1 would make full adjustable struts for our Mustang's
Old 3/23/17, 05:23 PM

Took a while to go through. It would be really nice if I could get the information on OEM shocks. My shocks are totally different that my other mustang with out the Track pack.

I really wish QA1 would make full adjustable struts for our Mustang's
I try my best to provide accurate info through research.. Unfortunately I was unable to confirm as to whom the manufacturer of the Brembo package struts/shocks are and also what the technical specs concerning valving and tuning over Ford's factory "OEM" dampers are as well.. All I know for certain, is Ford's "OEM" struts/shocks are manufactured by Tokico.. Other than that, everything else is just a crap shoot and a guess at best thanks to Ford playing their conspiracy game theories lol. Hopefully others here on TMS and just maybe someone from Ford can also chime in and provide us all with some straight forward and upfront info
Old 3/23/17, 07:25 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Rocky has been known to be full of it!

Old 3/23/17, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Rocky has been known to be full of it!

What can I say Gary.. You taught me everything I know from way back when.. So you deserve full credit for that
Old 3/23/17, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Does anyone's Panhard bar rub or come close to rubbing on the Track cars diff Cover?

Ford Racing sells theirs with an offset for this and was wondering if I will have other rub if they dont have the offset?
Mine is close but has never rubbed!
Old 3/23/17, 09:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
Mine is close but has never rubbed!

What bar do you have?