Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

My suspension mods are on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/24/14, 04:42 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My suspension mods are on!!!

Ok, I finished my suspension mods on Monday. Purchased it all during Black fridays sales and saved about $250-300. Install took about 6 hours. Did the job at my shop on jack stands in between customers cars. No rush. The rear took the most time especially getting the relocation brackets lined up. Very happy with the quality of the BMR parts and I love the ride height of the Steeda sport springs. Web pics dont show how it looks in person, the car just sits perfect now.

part list.
steeda sport springs
koni strt dampers
new spring sleeves, boots
gt500 strut mounts
BMR panhard bar, lower control arms, relocation brackets

Just did a short drive back home through the city, so nothing aggressive yet but.....WOW....unbelievably smooth over the stock junk. Everyone is correct when they say the stock dampers are garbage. Initial impression was the car is almost to smooth. I must have been used to the rear end hop with the stock stuff, thats all gone now. Was expecting it to be noticeably stiffer but it doesnt seem to be. Very happy overall, will update again after a proper test drive. Pictures are not the greatest, will get some outdoor pics after Christmas.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Way2QWK; 12/24/14 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12/24/14, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice, I get a bit of a preview of how my car will look come spring.

Do you have any straight side shots to see the front-rear drops? Did you measure them by chance?

Nice car man.
Old 12/25/14, 09:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Looks great and I'm not surprised you love the results. Sounds like a successful Christmas!
Old 12/26/14, 04:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for sharing! It makes you wonder how Ford picked the stock components.

BTW that '72 Challenger is VERY distracting.
Old 12/26/14, 08:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
nice werk
Old 1/10/15, 01:18 PM
V6 Member

a few new side shots, not the greatest pics. Plan to get more this weekend.
[IMG][/IMG]

Name:  20150104_153154_zpsd0d795cb.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  167.5 KB
Old 1/10/15, 03:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Winter must end. Nice car dude.
Old 1/10/15, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Awesome dude, I just lowered mine last month. I love how good it handles. I was really impressed with how the brake dive and axle hop was gone. I love making right turns just sticks to the ground. Enjoy man
Old 1/10/15, 06:42 PM
V6 Member

The only regret so far is I probably should have done the adjustable Koni (yellows). I would like to dial in a bit more stiffness at times and so far the steeda sports and koni orange are a lot softer than I was expecting. The ride is fantastic compared to stock, just not as tight feeling as I was expecting compared to the reviews of others found during my research of suspension combos.
Old 1/11/15, 04:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Agreed on Koni Yellows. I was pleased with the STR.T's as an upgrade over OEM (plus I bought them for dirt cheap used....) but as I drive the car harder and start fine tuning, the adjustability is desired. But nothing wrong at all with the STR.T's

Car looks great - will you get out to a road course with it? With the track pack it wants to....
Old 1/11/15, 06:53 PM
V6 Member

I do plan on getting out to the road course this year. That's the whole reason for buying this car and not cutting up my mint 88 mustang to make it road course worthy. There is only one nearby track about an 1 hour away, but its private and by invitation only. Due to having few local tracks I have changed my suspension plan to be more street friendly, but Im starting to feel its a bit to much geared to the street and not track. But over all Its still so much better than stock.

Last edited by Way2QWK; 1/11/15 at 06:54 PM.
Old 1/12/15, 03:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
How much of a drop is that?
That's what I NEED for my car.
Old 1/30/15, 09:50 AM
V6 Member

Stopped by the dealer to check out any new mustangs on the lot and took a few pics. I think my final thoughts on the current suspension is... Ride quality is lights years smoother than factory but softer than I wanted. Doesn't have that "tightness feel" I was expecting. May do bigger sway bars and BMR watts link and switch to KONI yellows in future.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Way2QWK; 1/30/15 at 09:52 AM.
Old 1/30/15, 10:00 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Way2QWK
Stopped by the dealer to check out any new mustangs on the lot and took a few pics. I think my final thoughts on the current suspension is... Ride quality is lights years smoother than factory but softer than I wanted. Doesn't have that "tightness feel" I was expecting. May do bigger sway bars and BMR watts link and switch to KONI yellows in future.
^^Looks good...perfect stance

Koni yellows should fix that problem. Personally, I would do that first and then see how that firms things up before replacing the sways.

I am getting them for mine as well so I can be done with it instead of wasting time and money on non adjustables and not being happy.
Old 1/30/15, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Stopped by the dealer to check out any new mustangs on the lot and took a few pics. I think my final thoughts on the current suspension is... Ride quality is lights years smoother than factory but softer than I wanted. Doesn't have that "tightness feel" I was expecting. May do bigger sway bars and BMR watts link and switch to KONI yellows in future. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
My car is completelly flat. Handles amazing. Front and rear strut bars with lowering springs and koni yellow are perfect.
Old 1/30/15, 04:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
We have a lot of nice parts to pair with the Steeda Springs!

Let me know if I can help assist with anything down the road ... you can reach me at tim@steeda.com!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/30/15, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
We have a lot of nice parts to pair with the Steeda Springs! Let me know if I can help assist with anything down the road ... you can reach me at tim@steeda.com!! Best Regards, TJ
Go with steeda, all my parts except the koni shocks came from steeda. Thanks alot steeda love your tune, car is a beast!
Old 1/31/15, 06:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Go with steeda, all my parts except the koni shocks came from steeda. Thanks alot steeda love your tune, car is a beast!
The people have spoken!

We appreciate the feedback & we are happy that you are enjoying your Steeda parts!!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/31/15, 08:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Stopped by the dealer to check out any new mustangs on the lot and took a few pics. I think my final thoughts on the current suspension is... Ride quality is lights years smoother than factory but softer than I wanted. Doesn't have that "tightness feel" I was expecting. May do bigger sway bars and BMR watts link and switch to KONI yellows in future. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
Put your stock springs back on and I'll trade you my Steeda Boss 302 specific springs?...they're quite a bit stiffer than the Sports and I debated the two back and forth before ordering. I came from an IRS swapped 03 GT with Maximum Motorsports grip box (coilovers and all poly bushings if not delrin on some), so I went with the Boss version thinking I'd want the stiffer ride, but Ive realized that our roads just suck around here. I wish I did the Sports. When the road is nice and smooth, the Boss springs are amazing with my Koni Yellows, but with undulations and potholes/bumps, it's a little uncomfortably stiff (more so because I have my 11 month old in the car a lot).

Let me know, we can trade straight up even though the Boss springs cost more. I just don't have my stocks to put back on anymore, so I'd need you to ship first, and then I'd ship mine to you...
Old 1/31/15, 09:35 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a great set up bro! I have the Yellow's myself, with the Steeda Sports and I love it! Im trying to talk the wife into letting me keep my bonus check this year and buy the 2013 Shelby GT500 6 pistons from Late model for about $1400 bucks. I have the base with Hawk sport pads right now and they stop ok but **** I want more lol. The only problem ive found with the Koni yellow's is that I can't fricken decide what setting is perfect lol. Im alway's adjusting them lol, it never fricken ends! Atleast with the oranges you wont constantly be thinking "does it need more stiff or more soft **** it!".

Last edited by Astenax; 1/31/15 at 09:43 AM.