Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Lowering Parts List

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/13, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I talked with Jay and ordered the Koni STR.T shocks and struts and the gt500 mounts. I have the ford racing k springs and panhard bar in my garage. I plan on going to Mustang Magic in Long Island NY. They said the install with cost $275 for the parts which i didnt think was bad at all. The shop where i got my resonators removed wanted $400 and its not even a "known" mustang shop.
Old 6/28/13, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Awesome congrats! Can't wait to hear how you like the setup. I'm pretty sure the first thing I'm going to do to this car is suspension.
Old 6/30/13, 01:48 PM
GT Member

I would at least get the relo brackets. They are simple to put on and will take care of most of the geometry issues. Use the stock UCA and LCA.
Old 7/6/13, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Sitting in the shop now waiting to get everything installed. Can't wait to get rid of that gap. Hopefully everything goes smoothly! Pics to follow
Old 7/6/13, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cant wait!
Old 7/6/13, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Cant wait!
Jay rides like a dream. Handles great and really feels stuck tothe ground. Only problem is when i go over a big bump or pothole i hear a clankink, but on small bumpsnd potholes nothing. Any thoughts? Before and after shots.
Attached Images   
Old 7/6/13, 09:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by joey8

Jay rides like a dream. Handles great and really feels stuck tothe ground. Only problem is when i go over a big bump or pothole i hear a clankink, but on small bumpsnd potholes nothing. Any thoughts? Before and after shots.
Maybe wrong torque specs on the upper mounts. I have a squeak over large speed bumps but no clunk or anything. I think it might be my pan hard bar or front lca's. take it to whoever is talked it and let them diagnose.
Old 7/6/13, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mikeyt03

Maybe wrong torque specs on the upper mounts. I have a squeak over large speed bumps but no clunk or anything. I think it might be my pan hard bar or front lca's. take it to whoever is talked it and let them diagnose.
It could be something hitting the lcas since I didn't put in relo brackets the angle is probably off and the panhard is hitting them over large bumps
Old 7/7/13, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

It could be something hitting the lcas since I didn't put in relo brackets the angle is probably off and the panhard is hitting them over large bumps
The panhard bar is a good six inches behind your lca's. the only way your panhard bar would touch your lca's is if you got rear ended by a bus.
Old 7/8/13, 04:56 AM
Bullitt Member

The panhard bar is a good six inches behind your lca's. the only way your panhard bar would touch your lca's is if you got rear ended by a bus.
Lol well there goes that idea. Anything else on what it could be. It only clanks on Very large bumps
Old 7/8/13, 07:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the noise coming from the front or rear of the car? Rear, take a look at all your components. Front, make sure they retorqued the struts back in and they used Loctite. Also make sure they completely tightened down the strut mount bolt that holds the strut assembly together.
Old 7/8/13, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Is the noise coming from the front or rear of the car? Rear, take a look at all your components. Front, make sure they retorqued the struts back in and they used Loctite. Also make sure they completely tightened down the strut mount bolt that holds the strut assembly together.
It's definitely coming from the rear. When I go over large bumps it's a big clank then stop definitely some metal on metal action. Jay thanks again for all the parts. The car drives like a dream, glad I went ahead and got the str.rs!!
Old 7/8/13, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

If its a clank it could be your over axle exhaust pipes hitting the panhard bar brace.
Old 7/8/13, 11:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose
If its a clank it could be your over axle exhaust pipes hitting the panhard bar brace.
That may be it. It definitely sounds like some hollow metal is being hit. Do you think the over axle pipes just need to be tightened down more or will it just be something i have to live with? Good thing is on normal everyday driving with the normal there is no increase is nvh or any unusual sounds. Just hear the clanking when going over very large bumps. Also i may add its when both rear tires go over the same bump. Meaning if the pothole is on the right side and only the right tire hits it there is no noise.

Last edited by joey8; 7/8/13 at 11:41 AM.
Old 7/8/13, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

You might be able to adjust them to get rid of it if that is what's causing the noise. I ended up going with an aftermarket panhard bar brace ( I believe it was CHE) on my 09 GT to get rid of the noise. Mine was much worse though and went from just clanking over bumps to constant rattling.

Last edited by MadMoose; 7/8/13 at 12:39 PM.
Old 7/8/13, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose
You might be able to adjust them to get rid of it if that is what's causing the noise. I ended up going with an aftermarket panhard bar brace ( I believe it was bmr) on my 09 GT to get rid of the noise. Mine was much worse though and went from just clanking over bumps to constant rattling.
I didn't buy an aftermarket panhard brace just the panhard bar. Could that have something to do with it?
Old 7/8/13, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lol well there goes that idea. Anything else on what it could be. It only clanks on Very large bumps
My guess is the upper mounts or front lca's. I dunno. I'm getting a squeak over large bumps and dips in the road. I dunno, I think it's my front lca's. I'm going to have the dealer check it out.
Old 7/8/13, 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

My guess is the upper mounts or front lca's. I dunno. I'm getting a squeak over large bumps and dips in the road. I dunno, I think it's my front lca's. I'm going to have the dealer check it out.
It's coming fromthe rear though. Im leaning towards the over axle pipes hitting something.
Old 7/8/13, 11:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's coming fromthe rear though. Im leaning towards the over axle pipes hitting something.
Gotcha, didn't see your previous post.
Old 7/9/13, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I didn't buy an aftermarket panhard brace just the panhard bar. Could that have something to do with it?
My best guess is it would be a result of less clearance from lowering the car. I'm not a suspension expert though so I don't know for sure. I just know in my case that sound was the over axle pipes contacting the panhard bar brace over bumps.

If that is the case a CHE brace would almost certainly fix the noise, it gives like another full inch or two of clearance. I'd go look under the car and see how close they are to touching.

Quick Reply: Lowering Parts List