Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Lowering a 2013 GT, help a noob out

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/12, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering a 2013 GT, help a noob out

I've been doing some heavy reading but my total lack of experience in this area has defeated me. I want to lower my 2013 GT; non-track pack. My goal is to get rid of the wheel gap in the rear but I'd also be happy if I could squeeze a little more handling out of the car too. I don't plan on auto-x or track days.

With that being said, I've been looking at springs that'll give me a 1' drop in the front and 1 1/4 in the rear. I've also been looking at a new shock/strut setup, camber plates, and panhard bars. After being lowered, I want the car to have the factory alignment to prevent uneven tire wear.

I've been looking at the FRPP setup and I think I've read that the upgraded mounts allow for minor camber adjustment; is this correct? I wouldn't want to go with FRPP only to find out that I still need to get camber plates (i'm not even sure if camber plates work with the FRPP).

I've also been looking at piece-mealing a suspension setup too. At first I was eyeballing the Eibach shock/strut/spring pack but I haven't seen too many people going that route; do the Koni/Tokico/FRPP setups have an advantage over the Eibach(leaving out the variable of adjustable vs. non-adjustable)? Any thoughts/opinions on the aforementioned manufacturers?

It may be a bit much for just lowering my car but I don't want to just get springs, call it a day, and then have suspension/wear issues. Any help/ideas/comments are GREATLY appreciated!
Old 8/14/12, 10:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Jindun,

Upgrading the suspension to a completely better handling car will take several suspension upgrades to get you to your ultimate goal- a better DD handling car.

PM with your email and budget and we can talk off the forum. We have many packages that we can put together to get you to your goal. We also offer forum and package discounts.

In case you are not familiar with Steeda let me give you a brief background. We manufacture all of our Steeda parts right here in the USA. We have a special relationship with Ford Motor Company in regards to the Technology Transfer Program. Steeda Autosports offers the largest complete line of Ford based parts and accessories in the world today.

Here is what we did with a 2011 with MM&FF and the Mustang 5.0:

http://www.steedablog.com/2011/10/mm...ck-with-a-5-0/

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 8/14/12 at 10:20 AM.