Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

front brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/16, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
front brakes?

time for new front brakes for my 2012 gt premium,brembo, thinking about Hawk HPS or the hawk ceramic,car is a daily driver that wont see the track but is driven with lets say lots of spirit on the street, THOUGHTS PLEASE
Old 12/29/16, 09:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have hawk hps pads and the ceramic ones. The hps are way better as far as stopping power goes, but make a ton of dust.

The ceramic hawk pads take a lot longer to make dust, but still make it. The stopping power of the ceramic pads feel like pads that would come from ford when you buy the car.
Old 12/30/16, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grip
I have hawk hps pads and the ceramic ones. The hps are way better as far as stopping power goes, but make a ton of dust.

The ceramic hawk pads take a lot longer to make dust, but still make it. The stopping power of the ceramic pads feel like pads that would come from ford when you buy the car.
I am in the same boat, need new pads on my '13. I like to able to stop, however you think the dust would be really visible on matte black wheels?
Also was wishing I could make it until I could get the slotted and drilled rotors and just get the full kit with the pads. don't think I am going to make it. That being said, anyone know how long these pads will last? I drive like the "OP". No track, but with "spirit on the street". Thanks
Old 12/30/16, 04:23 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
I have Hawk HPS on mine as well. They stop well and have held up to some track time so far. They do dust some, but far less than the Ferodo pads that came stock on the Brembo equipped cars. The funny thing with my car was that the rear pads were gone much sooner than the front due to my driving with the traction control on most of the time.
Old 12/30/16, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can deal with the stock brembo pads dust , so since the HPS stops better and makes less or even the same dust sounds like the way to go. funny the;re like 152 at cj pony and around 105 at AM, but i have a CJpony 50 dollar gift card so it comes out about the same money!
Old 12/30/16, 08:15 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
I bought mine last spring from Summit Racing for around $105. It soundalike CJ is high, or maybe they are a different pad. Hawk makes a couple different pads with similar names.
Old 1/2/17, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

i made a mistake,the price is the same at both places on the hps fronts,146.00 at cj pony and AM,but they are 106 at summit!Going with summit i guess.

Last edited by Ponywars; 1/7/17 at 01:53 PM.