Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

anyone try out the SR coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/14, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
anyone try out the SR coilovers?

I saw that AM has new coilvers from SR. The price seems reasonable at $850. I've been thinking of upgrading my suspension on my 13 premium. Currently running SR springs on stock struts and shocks. I also have 20x9.5 STR wheels with 275/35 tires.

I was looking at some new struts and shocks with Eibach sportlines and GT500 mounts. Price is about the same as the coilovers.

I know people say lots if good things about the Koni setup and eibachs but haven't heard anything about the SR setup.

Thoughts? Anything needed beyond the coilovers? This is just a daily driver zero tracking. Thanks.

Last edited by shouldhavegottheGT; 12/15/14 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12/15/14, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Name:  IMAG0052_zps6c363cf0.jpg
Views: 4551
Size:  244.0 KB
Old 12/16/14, 10:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Another option for those budget minded folks are ST coilovers which are made by KW. They are essentially KW V1's but instead of stainless they are zinc plated. I had a set on my previous car which I also tracked and had good success with them.
Old 12/24/14, 06:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would skip that setup, I don't know 100% who makes them but it looks like Raceland.

ST XTA's are a good twin tube option set of coilovers that are damping adjustable, come with CC plates and are made by KW in Germany. Actually I went to KW personally and saw the warehouse, ST and KW are both made under the same roof.

http://www.hypermotive.com/st-suspen...-system-05-14/

Don't forget about our discount code hyperfan6off for a little extra incentive to our forum members
Old 2/19/15, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
I would skip that setup, I don't know 100% who makes them but it looks like Raceland.

ST XTA's are a good twin tube option set of coilovers that are damping adjustable, come with CC plates and are made by KW in Germany. Actually I went to KW personally and saw the warehouse, ST and KW are both made under the same roof.

http://www.hypermotive.com/st-suspen...-system-05-14/

Don't forget about our discount code hyperfan6off for a little extra incentive to our forum members
Hmm, have to do some research on how this would compare to say a Steeda Spring/Koni adjustables setup.
Old 2/19/15, 02:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Why not just get the Steeda kit ... you will be very happy with Steeda. An American company with parts manufactured in the U.S.A!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 2/20/15, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Why not just get the Steeda kit ... you will be very happy with Steeda. An American company with parts manufactured in the U.S.A!

Best Regards,

TJ
Sorry for hi-jacking this thread but,

TJ, which kit is a better buy from Steeda?

Shocks/Sport Springs/Mounts - http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang...kage-555-8413/

Shocks/Sport Springs - http://www.steeda.com/steeda-pro-act...kage-555-8409/

Shocks/Sport Springs/Bars - http://www.steeda.com/steeda-pro-act...kage-555-2352/

The last kit seems similar to Roush's and FR's suspension kit. I daily drive my mustang, when it isn't snow and ice, and occasionally do track days and autox.

I want a comfortable DD but I want to to remove the floaty softness in my '13 GT's ride.

Also, I don't care about lowering, I just want comfortable sporty ride similar to my MK6 VW GTI, which is why the Roush kit appeals to me but I'm coming around to Steeda.

Thanks.
Old 2/22/15, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

He might have been referring to the Steeda coilover setup since that is what this thread is mainly about. However, I was considering the Steeda Sport springs with Koni adjustables. I like the idea of adjustable rebound but don't need adjustable height.

How would a setup like this compare to a coilover system if adjustable height isn't a factor? Plus it saves like $500-$800 depending on which coilover system you are looking at.
Old 2/23/15, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The key to the difference is the adjustability. A person who takes his car to different tracks will change his ride height and spring rates depending on track conditions.

That is very easy to do with a coil over setup.

With the sport spring and Koni Sports, you have some adjustability for track conditions, but not near the range of the coil over setup.

However all this comes into play only if you have the time to devote to track testing and practice to dial in the coil over setup.

Let me know if you are ready to order ... I will put you touch with a Steeda sales professional!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 2/23/15, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

RS999,

I see that Rod emailed you back ... are you all set?

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 2/23/15 at 10:54 AM.
Old 2/24/15, 01:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I could one day figure out how to adjust my camber in my garage in between track days this would make me want to get coilovers.
Old 3/1/15, 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
The key to the difference is the adjustability. A person who takes his car to different tracks will change his ride height and spring rates depending on track conditions.

That is very easy to do with a coil over setup.

With the sport spring and Koni Sports, you have some adjustability for track conditions, but not near the range of the coil over setup.

However all this comes into play only if you have the time to devote to track testing and practice to dial in the coil over setup.

Let me know if you are ready to order ... I will put you touch with a Steeda sales professional!

Best Regards,

TJ
Is the ride height, compression and rebound fully adjustable while installed on the vehicle or do they have to be removed?
Old 3/1/15, 02:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are talking about the Steeda coils with the QA1 shocks, yes all of it while on the car.