Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

2014 Track Pack Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/13, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
[QUOTE=55r2014;6681725]
Originally Posted by mustang5o
Which system did you go with?

I went with the CorteX Xtreme suspension. Watts link, rear Koni coil overs, adjustable lower control arms, CorteX/Koni front struts. The front springs are 8 inch 450 pound springs. The rear springs are 8 inch 225 pounds. There is 3 inchs of adjustment in the rear and 6 inches in the front. These spring rates are for the street.
Not sure what you mean by 3 inches of adjustment read 6 inches front. I still need to learn more about changing out the suspension components. How much does this lower the car? Do you have to worry about bumpsteer, caster/camber, anything else? I want to get rid of the bouncing and wheel hop with the stock TP suspension. Is the ride on the street really stiff and harsh?

Thanks
Old 8/2/14, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Additional Questions Re: Track Pack

I've tried to read as much of the info I could find regarding the Track Pack and Brembo cars. I purchased a 2014 GT w/track pack on 07/05/2014. I love the car. I came from an '07 S2000 that had good factory suspension and handling to start and then added adjustable coilovers. It drove litterally like a slotcar. I know the Mustang is larger, heavier, and much more powerful. My question: is it reasonable to switch springs and add an adjustable panhard bar since the struts and shocks are upgraded for the Brembo/track pack? The fender gap is too large for me and even with the track pack the car pogos and porpoises significantly. Do the lower control arms need upgrading as well? What I'm looking for is still good daily driving but lower ride height and more planted. I've looked at complete kits from Maximum Motorsports, Rousch, Eibach, etc. Also seen a reasonable smaller package from SVE that includes springs, lcas, and adj panhard bar.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Mustang-11-14

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...s-Silver-05-14

Are these SVE pieces cheap or inexpensive? Will this settle the bounciness down or do I need more? Thanks for any constructive advice you guys can give me.
Old 8/2/14, 01:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
I agree with the stock height and the bounce that happens under certain road conditions. I first went with the 55d springs in the back and they lowered the back a 1/2 inch as advertised. The ride had the same bounce. Things got better though with more miles on the car but I believed things could be better. I now have a 1 inch drop all around with Bilstein dampeners and Ford racing P springs. I don't have a lot of miles to give a good evaluation but the bounce is gone and it looks better.
Old 8/4/14, 02:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The preferred set up for track dudes without going coil over is camber plates, Koni yellows, Steeda Sport springs. Those combined with your choice of upper and lower control arms as well as the adjustable pan hard bar make for a solid start. Everyone seems to like BMR.

I'm either going this route or the KW Club Sports so I won't have to upgrade again ever and it will take me a while to increase my driving skill to need anything more with either route.
Old 8/4/14, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Valkdriver
I've tried to read as much of the info I could find regarding the Track Pack and Brembo cars. I purchased a 2014 GT w/track pack on 07/05/2014. I love the car. I came from an '07 S2000 that had good factory suspension and handling to start and then added adjustable coilovers. It drove litterally like a slotcar. I know the Mustang is larger, heavier, and much more powerful. My question: is it reasonable to switch springs and add an adjustable panhard bar since the struts and shocks are upgraded for the Brembo/track pack? The fender gap is too large for me and even with the track pack the car pogos and porpoises significantly. Do the lower control arms need upgrading as well? What I'm looking for is still good daily driving but lower ride height and more planted. I've looked at complete kits from Maximum Motorsports, Rousch, Eibach, etc. Also seen a reasonable smaller package from SVE that includes springs, lcas, and adj panhard bar.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Mustang-11-14

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...s-Silver-05-14

Are these SVE pieces cheap or inexpensive? Will this settle the bounciness down or do I need more? Thanks for any constructive advice you guys can give me.

Skip the SVE stuff. 90% of the Track Pack's problem is shock dampening. If you don't want to fiddle with the shocks, get a set of STR.Ts and springs of your choice, and a adjustable panhard bar. If you do want to be able to dial in your rebound, get a set of Koni Yellows.

Be warned, if you're lowering your car more than an inch in the rear, you're also going to need an adjustable upper control arm to set the pinion angle. If you're lowering the car more than an inch in the front, you're going to have to get camber plates or camber bolts to correct the camber.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-lowering.html
Old 8/4/14, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lsxjunkie
Skip the SVE stuff. 90% of the Track Pack's problem is shock dampening. If you don't want to fiddle with the shocks, get a set of STR.Ts and springs of your choice, and a adjustable panhard bar. If you do want to be able to dial in your rebound, get a set of Koni Yellows.

Be warned, if you're lowering your car more than an inch in the rear, you're also going to need an adjustable upper control arm to set the pinion angle. If you're lowering the car more than an inch in the front, you're going to have to get camber plates or camber bolts to correct the camber.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-lowering.html
Thanks! That's very helpful stuff!