Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

2011 GT rear brakes overheating on track days

Search this Thread

Old 5/18/15, 08:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Agree, no need to take off stability if you drive better with it on! My driving style makes it freak out and it slows me down, but I know some other very quick drivers who leave it on all the time (sport mode) and do very well as well!!

I posted a few pics in my build thread on the rear upgrade I just did as well... same goal, slightly different method of getting there. I'll repost here for comparison though!
BRACKET

OEM REAR

NEW REAR:

CAR WITH THEM INSTALLED:

Last edited by dmichaels; 5/18/15 at 08:08 PM.
Old 5/18/15, 08:59 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
5.Monster & dmichaels - thanks guys. Yeah, it was not even a close competition for me to choose...TC/SC off or Sport Mode. Night and day. I could not get the car to hook up with TC/SC off. And I was just too loose every lap, no matter what I tried. With Sport Mode I was much faster, very controlled, balanced, and secure. That's my comfort zone!
---
dmichaels - looks like yours is good!
---
Man oh man I hope this is the ticket to keeping those rear brakes cool on track days now, finally! After a very hot day with a lot of laps, the rears look solid, no fade, no overheating, no scored rotors, I'm happy. And I really like that I spent $300 in parts and re-used so much of my original stuff. Whereas a full kit costs $600 (I'm sure that is great too, I just like $300 still in my pocket for gas money!!).