Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

11-13 Steeda camber plates anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/12, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11-13 Steeda camber plates anyone?

Anyone tried these camber plates from Steeda, curious what other parts are needed to install and if the end result is worth the rather hefty price tag?
Click Image to Enlarge

digg

Pricing and Options
Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts
555-8135 - Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts - $349.95
Old 12/25/12, 08:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
All I can offer at this time is a product review that we received on the website.

If you are putting new springs or Springs/Struts on your 2011 and up mustang you need these. They are extremely well built, and easy to install (the difference in quality between the factory part and this part is literally shocking). They give you a little bit of Camber adjustment (more than enough to bring a reasonably lowered mustang into specs) with a nice pointer system that can be read through holes in the top of the strut tower. The ride quality is great, not harsh at all. The one issue I had with the install is that a standard impact socket will not fit down into the hole to tighten the strut nut. Easily solved by using a non-impact socket (just make sure you have one big enough before you start).
Email me at tim @ steeda.com if I can help provide additional answers or forum pricing. Are you asking what products this part compliments?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12/26/12, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

TJ
My concern is with this product, what other parts are required to install on the vehicle. From what I have read about similar products, you are required to canabilize the existing strut mounts for the upper spring perch which makes going back to stock more expensive.
Why don't manufacturers provide all the parts needed to install the strut mount?
the only company i have found that does include the spring perch is Ground Control and they are the exact same price.
Old 12/26/12, 09:55 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Mustang259
TJ
My concern is with this product, what other parts are required to install on the vehicle. From what I have read about similar products, you are required to canabilize the existing strut mounts for the upper spring perch which makes going back to stock more expensive.
Why don't manufacturers provide all the parts needed to install the strut mount?
the only company i have found that does include the spring perch is Ground Control and they are the exact same price.
I have Steeda's 2011+ strut mounts on my 2011 Mustang GT and I absolutely love them. I purchased a spacer kit from Steeda that allowed me to use 2010 Mustang Koni struts on my 2011; I didn't have to cannibalize anything.
Old 12/26/12, 10:56 PM
GT Member

So,is the rubber piece of the stock strut mount neede to install the 2011+ hd mounts? How much for the spacer(to use w/ 2010 struts)?

Last edited by Ross; 12/27/12 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12/27/12, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Steeda, I know this is a fairly new product but it is hard for a consumer to decide on a purchase without adequate information on the parts needed to either complement or complete the install and secondly, since it is a car part I would think you should provide some instructions/installed photos on the website?
I am not trying to be a jerk or anything but honestly, how can you expect people to make a decision based on incomplete information?
I apologize in advance if this sounds like a rant or offends anyone.
Old 12/27/12, 02:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
I can tell you they add a lot more noise over stock pieces when hitting bumps.
Old 12/27/12, 02:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
The 2011+ HD mount, or HD mount in general?
Old 12/27/12, 05:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
The adjustable plates from steeda make more noise
Old 12/28/12, 12:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Thanks for your interest in Steeda suspension parts for your Mustang. I cannot vouch for other manufacturers, but our upper strut mounts do not require any butchering, etc. They are complete replacements, the only thing transferred if the rubber spring isolator, it slips off the old mount and onto ours for installation. The ground control mounts do not have a poly bushing as well as a bearing in their construction, they will have more knockback and noise than our mounts on the same setup. I hope this helps you make your decision, but let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I’ll be glad to help.
Old 12/28/12, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Steeda,
That is good to know and it does help, now if we could just get the price a little lower, LOL!
Old 12/28/12, 11:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Thanks for your interest in Steeda suspension parts for your Mustang. I cannot vouch for other manufacturers, but our upper strut mounts do not require any butchering, etc. They are complete replacements, the only thing transferred if the rubber spring isolator, it slips off the old mount and onto ours for installation. The ground control mounts do not have a poly bushing as well as a bearing in their construction, they will have more knockback and noise than our mounts on the same setup. I hope this helps you make your decision, but let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I’ll be glad to help.
I will vouch for Steeda's product being great but I will have to disagree on the NVH of GC. I nor any of my customers have had any increased NVH, knockback or any issues at all concerning noise. Anyways, with the Steeda mounts I will attest to the durability of these strut mounts. They will hold up to a beating, the construction is very well made and of course, they are made in the USA which is always a plus.
Old 12/30/12, 08:05 PM

I don't have the Steeda camber plates but I do have the heavy duty strut mounts pictured in the OP.

In my opinion you DO need to cannabalize the upper spring perch for your existing strut mount. If done carefully, you could go back to stock but I don't think anyone's done it as taking apart the stock mount will inevitably send ball bearings flying everywhere.

It's not in my sig but I also have a 2013 deep impact gt.
Old 12/30/12, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Gotta agree with you on that, I have these plus the steeda springs and struts and there a lot noiser than stock for sure
Old 1/1/13, 05:52 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

The Steeda HD strut mounts on my 2011 GT are as quiet as stock. I picked up absolutely no NVH after installing them.
Old 1/1/13, 10:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MARZ
The Steeda HD strut mounts on my 2011 GT are as quiet as stock. I picked up absolutely no NVH after installing them.
How much were the spacers for the 2010 koni's to work?
Old 1/2/13, 07:53 PM

I purchased from Steeda and the HD strut mounts came with the spacers.
Old 10/31/13, 03:57 PM
GT Member

I had them installed on my 2012 GT along with Steeda ultra lite springs. I kept the stock struts/shocks for now because the car only has 17,500 miles on it. The closest I can get the alignment is -1.3. I have 27" rims/tires which are exactly the stock diameter even though they are 9/10 staggered GT500 knock offs with 255/45x18 Front and 275/40x18 Rear. I expect more rapid tire wear, but it handles beautifully!

Last edited by Music man in Pcola; 10/31/13 at 03:59 PM. Reason: more information
Old 11/21/13, 03:50 PM
V6 Member

Bumping this back up

I was looking at these, by way of the online pictures anyway. And they look more robust and higher quality than the 2005-2009 versions.

There seems to be conflicting reports on the noise as a result of using these.
For those that report noise, are the ones you use these exact HD mounts as indicated by the original poster? Please exclude commenting if you are using a different Steeda mount or CC plates.

What exactly needs to be transferred over from the original stock upper mount? I've never disassembled my front end so I have no first hand experience with any of the small parts.

I was looking at these and they seem quite robust. I expect to get new Koni's at the same time. So one option I have is to get the '11+ koni's and these specific mounts. The other option is to get the '05-'09 mounts and '05-'09 konis, since all of this will just be new parts.
However if one or the other happens to have notable increased NVH then that can impact my decision. Since my car is a Daily Driver strreet car only then any rattling, popping, vibrating, etc induced by using these mounts is not desirable. heck, thats why they are on the list, because they have the poly busying and claim to have no increased NVH.
Old 11/21/13, 04:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

I installed these exact mounts on my 2013 GT together with 2011+ Koni yellow struts and shocks and Steeda Sport Springs. There was no increased NVH whatsoever. You are required to transfer over the spring seat from the OEM strut mounts, which easily pop off the old mounts.

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 11/21/13 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 11-13 Steeda camber plates anyone?