School Bus Yellow

Need some help please.

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/12, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok got the MRT exhaust and The Barton Short Throw Shifter

http://youtu.be/z--w7PY8VMY

Fixed up the paint for now with touch up.
Old 7/10/12, 11:06 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Stang Fans, I recently ran over a partial truck tire on the highway(so I thought), and when I got home my drivers side front bumper was smashed in and the paint was all scraped on where you could see white.
I brought it to a highly respected and touted Auto Body shop and got a $770 estimate to repair, paint damage area and blend, 3 clear coats and bake the bumper and reinstall. $883 to do all the same PLUS order and install new front air splitter that was only slightly marred. My decision if I want to replace the splitter.

I am going to pay out of pocket, because of my high deductible ($1000). So my questions to you guys is - Should I tell the Shop I want a brand new OEM factory bumper ordered (I think about $500 extra just for the bumper) or they will make my car look like factory new by repairing and repainting. The Autobody advisor tells me that buying a new bumper in not the way to go, when they can fix the existing damaged one. Also they could paint and blend it better to the other sections of the car if they just repair the bumper.

Any suggestions and/or experiences will be appreciated. I have until Monday, July 16 to make a decision when I bring the car in for 3 days to have the job done.
Also if anyone on these forums lives in my area Upstate NY and has dealt with Star Paint and Body works/Star Collision Center.

Thanks so much for any replies!!