Notices
Gotta Have It Green

Ugh the wait is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/14, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ugh the wait is killing me

I am now three weeks in to the estimated 8 week wait for my 2014 GHIG GT Premium 400A, select shift auto, reverse and security package, comfort package, rear spoiler delete, and 19" nickel luster wheels. I am hoping the gods have some mercy on me and it arrives a bit early.
Old 3/17/14, 10:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats on the purchase.. start your build list and spend time in this forum and other sites to see, hear and feel diff mods u can do.. this will kill some time.
Old 3/17/14, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thank you for the reply. I have a list of mods already in mind but I really can't seem to get a straight answer on the cylinder #8 issue and going CAI with a tune concerns me a bit. I hear many folks with no issues at all, I hear a couple of horror stories, and then I hear the 2013+ don't have the issue but then hear they do. LOL.

THis is all I want to do:

CAI
Tune
3.55 gears
Magnaflow street axle back

All of this work is simple to perform. I even thought about ignoring the CAI and tune but then when swapping gears will need a tune any way to keep the shift points straight then started thinking even if I leave the timing and fuel air curves at factory settings and only have the tune written to recalibrate the speedometer is that going to void my engine warranty even though the only thing changed is the speedo calibration?
Old 3/17/14, 03:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,677 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Awesome color you got picked out.
Hopefully it comes home soon!
Old 3/21/14, 05:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Got my VIN 1ZVBP8CF6E5311894
Old 3/21/14, 05:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Could be worse...my car is in but I'm waiting on the spoiler to be installed
Old 3/21/14, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Could be worse...my car is in but I'm waiting on the spoiler to be installed
That would drive me crazy. I ordered mine with spoiler delete. You'll laugh at my reasoning. I do admit they look great with spoilers however I hate how after you're done washing your car water drops run out for hours. LOL
Old 3/21/14, 08:14 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have patience , it is well worth the wait. Welcome to the club!
Old 3/26/14, 11:21 AM

It will be here before you know it. I'm still waiting for mine, but I suspect it's in town and heading to the dealer. Start your build list, it will ease the pain a little. LOL
Old 3/26/14, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Booger II
It will be here before you know it. I'm still waiting for mine, but I suspect it's in town and heading to the dealer. Start your build list, it will ease the pain a little. LOL
The flat rock michigan plant is closed until 4/14. It won't get built any faster. It's all good. Thanks for the support folks. I am climbing the walls. LOL
Old 3/26/14, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
That would drive me crazy. I ordered mine with spoiler delete. You'll laugh at my reasoning. I do admit they look great with spoilers however I hate how after you're done washing your car water drops run out for hours. LOL

If that's the reason you messed up. Ive never had any water run from the spoiler after drying. I do however have the stock small spoiler not the pedestal one.
Old 3/26/14, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by devilcaninex
If that's the reason you messed up. Ive never had any water run from the spoiler after drying. I do however have the stock small spoiler not the pedestal one.
LOL - I don't like rear spoilers. I ordered my 2008 GO GT/CS the same way.
Old 3/31/14, 02:53 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I am now three weeks in to the estimated 8 week wait for my 2014 GHIG GT Premium 400A, select shift auto, reverse and security package, comfort package, rear spoiler delete, and 19" nickel luster wheels. I am hoping the gods have some mercy on me and it arrives a bit early.
Yours will finish up as soon as the plant reopens, 2014GHIGGT.

Originally Posted by Booger II
I see your arrived, Booger II. Congrats and enjoy!!

Deysha
Old 4/20/14, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well my buck date according to my window sticker is tomorrow. This has been painful. What is worse is that I have been randomly searching the internet and looking up VIN's on the tracking site to see how long the average delivery times have been. I have also picked up on a few things. I noticed that there were some folks that submitted orders a week or so later than mine and those cars have already been delivered. This I do not understand. I know my dealer gave the highest priority.

Obviously it isn't first in first out. There has to be some more logic to it that I cannot see.

Still I find it frustrating especially now that the weather is breaking for the better here in New England. the season is already short enough. LOL
Old 4/20/14, 06:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
The way the order system is setup, it all depends on what you dealer has allocated for them in terms of spots in the queue. A high priority puts it a bit earlier in the queue, but ultimately when it actually gets built depends entirely on what specifically you ordered (certain extras can cause delays as dealers are only allocated so many at a time) and what sort of allocations the dealer you ordered it from has.

So at the end of the day it's not just a straight line queue that all orders are put in, which is why some folks wait longer then others.
Old 4/20/14, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

That makes sense but doesn't make me feel better. LOL.
Old 4/20/14, 06:57 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I ordered mine JUST before winter so I had all winter to wait for it, but alberta winters are not mustang friendly so it didn't bother me so much
Old 4/21/14, 02:32 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Well my buck date according to my window sticker is tomorrow. This has been painful. What is worse is that I have been randomly searching the internet and looking up VIN's on the tracking site to see how long the average delivery times have been. I have also picked up on a few things. I noticed that there were some folks that submitted orders a week or so later than mine and those cars have already been delivered. This I do not understand. I know my dealer gave the highest priority.

Obviously it isn't first in first out. There has to be some more logic to it that I cannot see.

Still I find it frustrating especially now that the weather is breaking for the better here in New England. the season is already short enough. LOL
Hey 2014GHIGGT,

Orders are scheduled based the following criteria:
-the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. Therefore, the date is the last factor.

Shipping has been delayed due to the previous storms up north, so there is really no accurate time. Also, remember you’re more than welcome to PM me for updates.

Deysha
Old 4/21/14, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am quickly losing faith in my delivery ETA. My car hasn't even been produced yet and it still shows an ETA that is 10 days away. What's worse is there should be no shipping issues as the plant was closed for 3 weeks. I would hope Ford cleared out the completed inventory. I am disgusted to say the least.

********news flash******** My car was assembled yesterday!!!!!!!!!!

Rock out! Thank you all for putting up with me!

Last edited by 2014GHIGGT; 4/22/14 at 02:45 AM.