Notices
Gotta Have It Green

2013 GHIG Roush Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/14, 10:26 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
new? what did you have in mind? or are you just yankin our chain? Since you haven't driven her much lately, are you bored with her?
lol
No, not bored. I love my Roush, don't get me wrong, but there are a couple of vehicles in cross hairs. lol
If I sell it, I sell it. If I don't, I keep it. Either way, I'm good with it.

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Lol what???? You just crossed 1k miles right? Not a good idea selling a used 1k mile car, tony. Unless of course it's to me
She's got almost 1,600 on her now. lol Still brand new.
If you want to buy her, let me know. She's super clean and very well taken care of.
Old 9/27/14, 08:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
lol No, not bored. I love my Roush, don't get me wrong, but there are a couple of vehicles in cross hairs. lol If I sell it, I sell it. If I don't, I keep it. Either way, I'm good with it. She's got almost 1,600 on her now. lol Still brand new. If you want to buy her, let me know. She's super clean and very well taken care of.
Old 9/28/14, 11:59 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by GrnT
HA HAAAAAAAAA
Too funny Mark.

I did take her out after mass this morning. Man, what a blast that car is to drive. Sounds insane and goes so good. She gets compliments EVERY single time I take her out.
Today was from a delivery guy in a Stop & Shop delivery truck. Slowed down traffic as well just to tell me I had "a nice car. Very nice car". lol
Pretty awesome.
Old 9/28/14, 12:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No, not bored. I love my Roush, don't get me wrong, but there are a couple of vehicles in cross hairs. lol
Go on, give us a clue
Old 9/28/14, 01:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Go on, give us a clue
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
Okay Paul. Twist my arm. lol
For the daily driver, I'm "TRYING" for the 2015 Jeep SRT 8. I say "TRYING" because that beast is some big bucks! If I didn't have a Roush payment, I could do it easily. I've been lurking on forums and watching youtube videos on it and that thing is just pure nasty. (The 2 main reasons I want it is because it's fast and because of the AWD. I need that or 4X4. I already had a truck and I want something different.) If I don't get that, I may try for the 2015 EVO MR model. Kaizen Tuning is about 45 minutes away and they are one of THE PREMIERE tuners/builders of those cars, as well as STi's, GT-R's and so forth. Probably hook up the EVO for a 400hp AWD little monster. 2015 is the last year that they are being built. I have always liked those cars. My ex girlfriend has a 2011 Lancer Ralliart and she let me drive it once. That was some fun. Car went pretty well and is really sporty. I think the owner before her had some work done to it. And the Ralliart isn't as fast or nice as the Evo MR.
All this isn't happening till next year, so we'll see what happens. I'll beat on the current daily driver till winter is over and order my next ride around March, so I get it in time for late spring/summer.
And if I sell my Roush, great. If I don't, I may trade it in. That all depends upon AFTER I get my daily driver first. After driving it today, I'm up in the air. I had a blast driving it today.
Old 9/29/14, 01:38 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thank you!

The Jeep certainly is a beast. I can see why you'd want one.

BUT, living without a Mustang in a garage? I'm not sure I could do that. So, for your sake, I hope the Mustang doesn't sell
Old 9/29/14, 02:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

BUT, living without a Mustang in a garage? I'm not sure I could do that. So, for your sake, I hope the Mustang doesn't sell
Yeah,.......I'm keeping the Roush, but trading in the truck for the Jeep as my new daily driver. "ONLY" if I can afford the Jeep. That's big bucks. If not,...it's plan "B", which is possibly a 2015 Evo MR.
I want to possibly sell the Roush or trade it in and get something different. Just throwing the idea around right now. We'll see how it goes.
Old 10/1/14, 02:45 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Yeah,.......I'm keeping the Roush, but trading in the truck for the Jeep as my new daily driver. "ONLY" if I can afford the Jeep. That's big bucks. If not,...it's plan "B", which is possibly a 2015 Evo MR.
I want to possibly sell the Roush or trade it in and get something different. Just throwing the idea around right now. We'll see how it goes.
Whoa, wait a minute, get rid of the Roush? Really, you love and baby that thing. Can't believe what I just read.

I do love the Jeeps, but that SRT is a monster for the snowy months. Would be better in an Overland or Summit. Would be fun, and I would be very envious.
Old 10/1/14, 04:42 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Whoa, wait a minute, get rid of the Roush? Really, you love and baby that thing. Can't believe what I just read.
I do love the Jeeps, but that SRT is a monster for the snowy months. Would be better in an Overland or Summit. Would be fun, and I would be very envious.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yeah Steve, I've been thinking about it. I'm not getting rid of the Roush for the SRT 8 Jeep. I'm trading in my truck for the Jeep and getting that, "ONLY" if I can afford it. It's pretty expensive. If I cannot afford that, I may go for a 2015 Evo MR. WE'll see. This all isn't happening till next year anyways.
The SRT Jeep is pretty awesome in the snow. I've read and seen videos of that thing in snow and it works well. It even has a "SNOW" setting for snow.
I'd trade the Roush in for another toy. Not sure what yet, but I really, really like the HC Challenger a lot. Not trading in the Roush for the Jeep. The Jeep is going to be the daily driver. I replace a toy with another toy. But, that's after I get my daily of course. We'll see how it goes. If I get the Jeep, there's no way I can afford to trade in the Roush for the Hellcat. But, if I get the Evo MR,...it "may" happen. Looking to place my new vehicle order at the dealership in March 2015.
Old 10/3/14, 07:12 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
Okay Paul. Twist my arm. lol
For the daily driver, I'm "TRYING" for the 2015 Jeep SRT 8. I say "TRYING" because that beast is some big bucks! If I didn't have a Roush payment, I could do it easily. I've been lurking on forums and watching youtube videos on it and that thing is just pure nasty. (The 2 main reasons I want it is because it's fast and because of the AWD. I need that or 4X4. I already had a truck and I want something different.) If I don't get that, I may try for the 2015 EVO MR model. Kaizen Tuning is about 45 minutes away and they are one of THE PREMIERE tuners/builders of those cars, as well as STi's, GT-R's and so forth. Probably hook up the EVO for a 400hp AWD little monster. 2015 is the last year that they are being built. I have always liked those cars. My ex girlfriend has a 2011 Lancer Ralliart and she let me drive it once. That was some fun. Car went pretty well and is really sporty. I think the owner before her had some work done to it. And the Ralliart isn't as fast or nice as the Evo MR.
All this isn't happening till next year, so we'll see what happens. I'll beat on the current daily driver till winter is over and order my next ride around March, so I get it in time for late spring/summer.
And if I sell my Roush, great. If I don't, I may trade it in. That all depends upon AFTER I get my daily driver first. After driving it today, I'm up in the air. I had a blast driving it today.

Guys... I just wanted to offer my 2 cents.

A close buddy of mine is planning to buy an SRT Jeep, 2014 or 15. I tell you what, looks great from the outside, but for 70k-ish, it feels like any other jeep, esp inside, where cheapness abounds. It also just "rides" and "feels" like a jeep/chrysler product. It's fast, sure, but dang, 70k???? ugh... you know what other "fast" SUV's I could get for 70k? Euro stuff comes to mind. But again, I just can't wrap my head around 70k for a chrysler.

Tony, my 2 cents, please don't get that. I've been in it, drove it, rode in it, it's nice, but not 70k nice. Maybe 30k.
Old 10/3/14, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts

A close buddy of mine is planning to buy an SRT Jeep, 2014 or 15. I tell you what, looks great from the outside, but for 70k-ish, it feels like any other jeep, esp inside, where cheapness abounds. It also just "rides" and "feels" like a jeep/chrysler product. It's fast, sure, but dang, 70k???? ugh... you know what other "fast" SUV's I could get for 70k? Euro stuff comes to mind. But again, I just can't wrap my head around 70k for a chrysler.

Tony, my 2 cents, please don't get that. I've been in it, drove it, rode in it, it's nice, but not 70k nice. Maybe 30k.
x2

Now, if it had the Hellcat engine in it, MAYBE!
Old 10/3/14, 08:35 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yeah Steve, I've been thinking about it. I'm not getting rid of the Roush for the SRT 8 Jeep. I'm trading in my truck for the Jeep and getting that, "ONLY" if I can afford it. It's pretty expensive. If I cannot afford that, I may go for a 2015 Evo MR. WE'll see. This all isn't happening till next year anyways.
The SRT Jeep is pretty awesome in the snow. I've read and seen videos of that thing in snow and it works well. It even has a "SNOW" setting for snow.
I'd trade the Roush in for another toy. Not sure what yet, but I really, really like the HC Challenger a lot. Not trading in the Roush for the Jeep. The Jeep is going to be the daily driver. I replace a toy with another toy. But, that's after I get my daily of course. We'll see how it goes. If I get the Jeep, there's no way I can afford to trade in the Roush for the Hellcat. But, if I get the Evo MR,...it "may" happen. Looking to place my new vehicle order at the dealership in March 2015.

Tony, do you know all of what makes an SRT better than non SRT? is the suspension and power train that much better? I admit, when i see one, i love the looks and sound.
Old 10/3/14, 02:42 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I don't know man.
Have you seen the interior of the SRT 8? Looks killer. Leather and suede heated and cooled seats, I believe. I don't care much about the cooling seats, but the heated seats would be great for the winter months. As well as the heated steering wheel. My Chrysler product rides waaaayyyy better than most trucks out there. Smoother and quieter. (I've driven new Chevy's and new Ford's. No comparison. And my truck is over 9 years old.) Plus, that info/entertainment system is the most advanced out of the big three, by far. But, that's not the selling point for me. It's looks, power and comfort.
All the videos I have watched and all the articles I have read about the Jeep come up good to great. There are no SUV's that can come close for the money. None. Unless you want to spend more than 70k. I cannot spend more than that. Not even sure I can afford the Jeep until I see what the dealerships are willing to do for me. Burton,...you really need to do a youtube search for the 2014 SRT Jeep. They all love it. It gets rave reviews from everyone. Plus,....it's American muscle.
70k is A LOT of money, don't get me wrong, it costs more than my Roush. I have been thinking about it and I'm going to cringe when I have to take it out in the snow and bad weather because I spent so much money on it. I'll see what the dealerships, (I'll go to 2 dealerships and that's my cut off), will do in working with putting me in one. If I don't get a good deal,.......2015 Evo MR it is.
Old 10/3/14, 03:16 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I tend to agree with you Tony except on price. However, it's still way cheaper than a crap range rover. The srt jeeps always catch my eye. they sound and look awesome. I am not a fan of most chrysler product but the new jeeps and ram's are now on level field with the other big 3. I took my buddy shopping for a new pickup when his astrovan died. We found a gorgeous ram 1500 with an interior and ride quality on par with my '11 Fx4, at an awesome price. For light SUV's the jeep cherokee srt would probably top my list.
Old 10/3/14, 03:29 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
This is what you mean by the EVO right?

http://carsrelease2014-2015.com/2015-mitsubishi-evo/

As a daily driver...

Do love my Jeeps. I am on number 3 & 4 right now. Have a 2004 GC Overland and it is a great rig. But, the 2012 GC Overland is a way different breed. A major step up. The interior is awesome, very top notch. Stitched leather wrapped doors and dash. Very solid, quiet, and comfortable ride. All kinds of toys. Adaptive Cruise, wrap around impact sensors, beeps and warning lights for everything. Full length sunroof, adjustable ride height, variable tuning (Sport/Snow/Sand/etc) Voice commands are way better than what my Stang has. Both the heated and cooled seats are great. The V8 Hemi is loaded with power, and still gets great MPG for a SUV. Has the Eviron Mode where it drops to 4 cylinders when cruising and 8 cylinder power is not needed. I got it new and the wife drives it. Zero problems, fully Jeep reliability. Rock solid rigg. Looking to replace my 04 in a year or two with another. The 14 Jeeps do have very dark interior options, My 12 has the black and saddle two tone. No longer an option. But I will wait for the 16s. Or maybe something better will come along.

Talked to the dealer about the SRT8 when I bought the 12. Warned it was not a off road rigg of any kind. No pulling trailers, geared to tear-up the street and handle like you won't believe. Would have loved to got one, but not cheap. About $25k more than a loaded Overland.

Good luck with your toy shopping Tony.
Old 10/3/14, 04:02 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I tend to agree with you Tony except on price. However, it's still way cheaper than a crap range rover. The srt jeeps always catch my eye. they sound and look awesome. I am not a fan of most chrysler product but the new jeeps and ram's are now on level field with the other big 3. I took my buddy shopping for a new pickup when his astrovan died. We found a gorgeous ram 1500 with an interior and ride quality on par with my '11 Fx4, at an awesome price. For light SUV's the jeep cherokee srt would probably top my list.
Yeah,...it's a nasty machine Darren. I agree. It does look and sound mean. And goes,................
I have a '05 Ram Daytona and it rides so smooth and is plenty powerful as well.

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
This is what you mean by the EVO right?
http://carsrelease2014-2015.com/2015-mitsubishi-evo/
As a daily driver...
Do love my Jeeps. I am on number 3 & 4 right now. Have a 2004 GC Overland and it is a great rig. But, the 2012 GC Overland is a way different breed. A major step up. The interior is awesome, very top notch. Stitched leather wrapped doors and dash. Very solid, quiet, and comfortable ride. All kinds of toys. Adaptive Cruise, wrap around impact sensors, beeps and warning lights for everything. Full length sunroof, adjustable ride height, variable tuning (Sport/Snow/Sand/etc) Voice commands are way better than what my Stang has. Both the heated and cooled seats are great. The V8 Hemi is loaded with power, and still gets great MPG for a SUV. Has the Eviron Mode where it drops to 4 cylinders when cruising and 8 cylinder power is not needed. I got it new and the wife drives it. Zero problems, fully Jeep reliability. Rock solid rigg. Looking to replace my 04 in a year or two with another. The 14 Jeeps do have very dark interior options, My 12 has the black and saddle two tone. No longer an option. But I will wait for the 16s. Or maybe something better will come along.
Talked to the dealer about the SRT8 when I bought the 12. Warned it was not a off road rigg of any kind. No pulling trailers, geared to tear-up the street and handle like you won't believe. Would have loved to got one, but not cheap. About $25k more than a loaded Overland.
Good luck with your toy shopping Tony.
Thanks Steve, I appreciate it. The Jeep will be the daily driver and not used to tow or anything like that,....just to smoke cars lined up next to me at red lights. lol
I didn't know that the Evo was getting a makeover. I hope it's not too drastic. I kinda like the way it looks. I find this odd as this is the very last year for the Evo.
As for the Jeeps,...they are awesome vehicles. I test drove a loaded Grand Cherokee years ago and it was, so nice. Had the 5.7 litre engine. Very nice.
Old 10/3/14, 04:05 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Gabe
x2
Now, if it had the Hellcat engine in it, MAYBE!
You likey the Hellcat engine too, huh???
Old 10/3/14, 04:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Like I said,.......not sure I can afford the SRT 8 Jeep in the first place.
Willing to work with the dealers to get to a good place and then,...only then, I'll pull the trigger. I'm not going to make it a headache.
Old 10/3/14, 05:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
One thing to remember about the SRT8 Jeep ... with the wide tires they put on that thing, you'd best be thinking about a dedicated snow/winter wheel/tire set-up, or you'll be skating all over the place.

It might be heavy and AWD, but the laws of physics don't change.
Wide tires skate on snow.

You'll need a narrower winter-tread tire for the real snow we get up here ...

If you like the Jeep GC that much, think about a Limited 5.7, save a ton of cash, and have most of the look for much less $$ ... then you can always mod it to make it your own, something you probably wouldn't have the money for if you got the much more expensive SRT8 model
Old 10/3/14, 06:02 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Gabe
One thing to remember about the SRT8 Jeep ... with the wide tires they put on that thing, you'd best be thinking about a dedicated snow/winter wheel/tire set-up, or you'll be skating all over the place.
It might be heavy and AWD, but the laws of physics don't change.
Wide tires skate on snow.
You'll need a narrower winter-tread tire for the real snow we get up here ...
If you like the Jeep GC that much, think about a Limited 5.7, save a ton of cash, and have most of the look for much less $$ ... then you can always mod it to make it your own, something you probably wouldn't have the money for if you got the much more expensive SRT8 model
Yeah,....I've thought about the tires as well. I think the stock all seasons would be okay. I've read that they are good on snow. That is one concern I have. I know of two people that have SRT 8's in Canada.
If I get the Evo, it's the same issue. They come with summer tires, so I would need a tire/wheel set up. In that case, I would use the Evo BBS stockers with the winter tires and have a really nice set of performance tires/wheels for the summer and other months.
As for getting a loaded GC and make it my own, I'll have no warranty and end up spending just as much in the long run and it still won't be as quick compared to the SRT. The SRT has that killer 8 speed auto and the gearing is awesome. Plus, it holds up to the power and a little more.

Quick Reply: 2013 GHIG Roush Stage 3