Notices
Gotta Have It Green

2013 GHIG mild build

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/12, 10:21 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
I love the GHIG cars, However I am not sure what the big craze is about the black wheels.. or at least the Matte Black wheels. I liked it better with the chrome non-plasti dipped rims. Just my .o2
the stock wheels are alloy, not chrome. the craze about the matte black is it just matches the car. in my case it matches the matte black stripe and vents
Old 12/3/12, 10:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Man, that is a beautiful car, bold for sure! and stick with what you like, but personally I would go back to the rims the way you had it, and remove the 1/4 louvers. They just scream stick-on stuff IMO, drop those and add these!
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/SHR...2010-pair.html
Old 12/3/12, 10:49 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by max5ive0
Man, that is a beautiful car, bold for sure! and stick with what you like, but personally I would go back to the rims the way you had it, and remove the 1/4 louvers. They just scream stick-on stuff IMO, drop those and add these!
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/SHR...2010-pair.html
thanks. ill pass on those louvers. just not worth the money to me. they look hideous too. a lot of the cosmetic parts are stick ons. side scoops, window louvers, hood scoops although they are bolted on but not functional. i think my lovers are similar to the roush louvers. but to each his own.

Last edited by Bushguts; 12/3/12 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12/3/12, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ha, funny how different opinions are on aesthetics. For instance, I think the SHR louvers are tight as nails! I don't mean offense, just throwing in my two bits.
Old 12/3/12, 12:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by max5ive0
Ha, funny how different opinions are on aesthetics. For instance, I think the SHR louvers are tight as nails! I don't mean offense, just throwing in my two bits.
lol, no, no offense taken. everyone has different opinions and that is what makes all cars different. car shows and meets would be quite boring if everyone did the same thing.

i did want the roush louvers but i def wasnt going to pay roush price. i got a great deal on these. i do want the side scoops to complete the look

Last edited by Bushguts; 12/3/12 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12/3/12, 12:28 PM

That's a nice car! My girlfriend has one with the same color and stripes. We might see you around town sometime.
Old 12/3/12, 12:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Muzner
That's a nice car! My girlfriend has one with the same color and stripes. We might see you around town sometime.
sweet, if we run into eachother at a meet we should take pics.
Old 12/3/12, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bushguts
sweet, if we run into eachother at a meet we should take pics.
Sounds good! I drive a School Bus Yellow Boss, I think I'm the only one in town aside from someone else I know that has an Laguna Seca.
Old 12/3/12, 12:50 PM
V6 Member

Sounds good! I drive a School Bus Yellow Boss, I think I'm the only one in town aside from someone else I know that has an Laguna Seca.
do you come to charlotte often? i may see you at ZMAX Dragway this summer
Old 12/3/12, 12:55 PM

do you come to charlotte often? i may see you at ZMAX Dragway this summer
Yeah we both go around Charlotte fairly often. I actually fly out of Charlotte's airport every week for work right now. But I might be starting a new job at CHS' main hospital soon, so we'll probably move to downtown Charlotte for the convenience.
Old 12/3/12, 01:08 PM
V6 Member

Yeah we both go around Charlotte fairly often. I actually fly out of Charlotte's airport every week for work right now. But I might be starting a new job at CHS' main hospital soon, so we'll probably move to downtown Charlotte for the convenience.
looking forward to seeing you around
Old 12/3/12, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

the stock wheels are alloy, not chrome. the craze about the matte black is it just matches the car. in my case it matches the matte black stripe and vents

My car is basically the same car as yours. I have the PP package rims for the good weather and a set of MB's for the Winter. I went for Matte Black Louvers to go with the stripe. I like the fact that everyone mod's their car their way. Make them unique.

Old 12/8/12, 06:14 PM

Very nice! I plan on getting an aftermarket stripe for my GHIG GT this spring, after which I will definitely plan on blacking out my hood vents. I've loved the idea ever since I saw a white GT/CS at the dealer I got mine from, so the plan was to just swap them out for black ones, the idea of plistidipping them never crossed my mind. How is that holding up for you?
Old 12/8/12, 11:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by CrzRsn
Very nice! I plan on getting an aftermarket stripe for my GHIG GT this spring, after which I will definitely plan on blacking out my hood vents. I've loved the idea ever since I saw a white GT/CS at the dealer I got mine from, so the plan was to just swap them out for black ones, the idea of plistidipping them never crossed my mind. How is that holding up for you?
Ya that's what I was originally gonna do until I seen the $300 price tag from ford on the vents. Dip was $5 and holding up great.