2013 GHIG mild build

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/12, 12:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GHIG mild build

THE DAY I PICKED HER UP

DID A ZAINO TREATMENT

DID A PRO PHOTOSHOOT (STILL WAITING FOR MORE PHOTOS)

INSTALLED FLOWMASTER OUTLAW AXLEBACKS

LOOK WHAT EACH STOCK MUFFLER WEIGHED

OUTLAW

PLASTIDIPPED RIMS

THEN PLASTIDIPPED THE HOOD VENTS

INSTALLED SIDE WINDOW LOUVERS

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Last edited by Bushguts; 12/2/12 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12/2/12, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Very nice! The more I see GTHIG mustangs, the more I like it. I think black 5.0 emblems, will be the cherry on top. How do you like the Outlaw ABs?
Old 12/2/12, 09:25 PM

Each picture just keeps getting better
Old 12/2/12, 10:08 PM
Banned

I was expecting a performance build, but this is nice too. Loooove love that color ahhh. Close second next to DIB
Old 12/2/12, 11:15 PM
V6 Member

thanks for the positive feedback. i do plan on dipping the emblems soon. just havent got around to it yet. the axle backs sound great, only drawback is the drone at 2k rpm in 6th. they are louder just driving around town but to me they sound like they quiet down at wot.

under the tree right now are barton shifter bracket, eibach pro kit lowering springs, bmr adjsutable panhard bar, and camber bolts. will post pics once installed.
Old 12/2/12, 11:24 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Dude, the professional pics are awesome.
Old 12/2/12, 11:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bushguts
thanks for the positive feedback. i do plan on dipping the emblems soon. just havent got around to it yet. the axle backs sound great, only drawback is the drone at 2k rpm in 6th. they are louder just driving around town but to me they sound like they quiet down at wot.

under the tree right now are barton shifter bracket, eibach pro kit lowering springs, bmr adjsutable panhard bar, and camber bolts. will post pics once installed.
I hope you have better luck plasti dipping the emblems than I did. I attempted 3 times before I just gave up and got a pair on ebay for $20. Maybe I m just a little bit of a perfectionist, but I never was fully satisfied. Btw I also loved the pro pics, got me thinking of getting some of my own.
Old 12/3/12, 06:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Your going to make me fork up the bucks to get professional picks taken of mine
Old 12/3/12, 06:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

She's beautiful!!

Below is one of her sisters. So far, I added a Boss h-pipe with open side pipes, magnaflow street series axle-back and Boss rear diffuser.

Name:  IMG_8230.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  159.7 KB

Name:  IMG_8252.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  220.1 KB

Name:  IMG_8237.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  241.0 KB

Name:  IMG_8240.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  232.8 KB

Name:  IMG_8248.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  184.8 KB
Old 12/3/12, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Great car and I can appreciate the Zaino treatment, I spent 12 hours on mine the first day and that was just the exterior. You gotta love the Zaino products, I have had more comments on the paint finish than any other aspect of the car.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 GHIG mild build-dsc00078.jpg  
Old 12/3/12, 07:25 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
She's beautiful!!

Below is one of her sisters. So far, I added a Boss h-pipe with open side pipes, magnaflow street series axle-back and Boss rear diffuser.

i really like that diffuser. how did you install it. i seen vids where modifications had to be made and the person used bolts and painted them to match. i dont want to have any bolts showing. i want the oem look. your car looks great. these cars really are perfect for pictures because the green and yellow pearl just really pop out nicely.
Old 12/3/12, 07:26 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang259
Great car and I can appreciate the Zaino treatment, I spent 12 hours on mine the first day and that was just the exterior. You gotta love the Zaino products, I have had more comments on the paint finish than any other aspect of the car.
ya 10 hrs just on the exterior. its a killer. not hard just time consuming. but i wouldnt use anything else.
Old 12/3/12, 07:29 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by gruiz_06
I hope you have better luck plasti dipping the emblems than I did. I attempted 3 times before I just gave up and got a pair on ebay for $20. Maybe I m just a little bit of a perfectionist, but I never was fully satisfied. Btw I also loved the pro pics, got me thinking of getting some of my own.
if there is anything i have learned when it comes to painting, prep is key. i would spend hours prepping and minutes painting. the emblems look pretty hard because of all the tight spots that are hard to get tape in there but i plan to only tape off around the emblem so i dont get dip on the car and then use a toothpick to peel the dip out of the tight crevices of the emblem. hopefully that works, if not, ebay.
Old 12/3/12, 07:29 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Dude, the professional pics are awesome.
thanks. i cant wait to get the rest from him. ill post them up once i have them
Old 12/3/12, 07:31 AM
V6 Member

coming next is the eibach pro kit lowering springs, bmr adjustable panhard bar, and barton shifter bracket. their under the tree right now
Old 12/3/12, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Bushguts
i really like that diffuser. how did you install it. i seen vids where modifications had to be made and the person used bolts and painted them to match. i dont want to have any bolts showing. i want the oem look. your car looks great. these cars really are perfect for pictures because the green and yellow pearl just really pop out nicely.
Thanks..I did it myself. Below is the thread on TMS where I shared the steps taken, including photos. It's quite a bit of work, but really worth it!

https://themustangsource.com/f802/ne...e-back-515877/

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 12/3/12 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12/3/12, 09:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wow. I can just imagine what a blast it is to drive. Or even open the garage door to every morning. Sweet ride. I can't wait to see the suspension mods. That is always the icing on the cake for me. I've got steeda ultralite springs waiting to go in. Just need to wait til next year to purchase shocks and struts and other things. Very nice op
Old 12/3/12, 10:01 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
Thanks..I did it myself. Below is the thread on TMS where I shared the steps taken, including photos. It's quite a bit of work, but really worth it!

https://themustangsource.com/f802/ne...e-back-515877/
ya that is quite a bit of work. but its def worth the end results. great job man. thats the cleanest ive seen it done.
Old 12/3/12, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Wow. I can just imagine what a blast it is to drive. Or even open the garage door to every morning. Sweet ride. I can't wait to see the suspension mods. That is always the icing on the cake for me. I've got steeda ultralite springs waiting to go in. Just need to wait til next year to purchase shocks and struts and other things. Very nice op
it sure is. owning a mustang is just so cool because you really dont need to do many mods, its already fast unlike my old Honda that I recently sold. im focusing more on the cosmetic side of things for now until i get that urge for more power.

i came out of a 2007 Honda Civic SI that i did a huge build on.

check it out.

ADDED THE OTHER 3 SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS AFTER THIS VID

Old 12/3/12, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I love the GHIG cars, However I am not sure what the big craze is about the black wheels.. or at least the Matte Black wheels. I liked it better with the chrome non-plasti dipped rims. Just my .o2

Quick Reply: 2013 GHIG mild build