Notices
Race Red

Represent your Race Red in here!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/13, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That red=cop magnet myth is such a ridiculous idea. I used to be a cop and I can tell you, the color of the car has absolutely zero to do with whether or not were going to pull it over. Zero. I've never sat there thinking "I can't wait until I see a red mustang because I'm going to stop that punk!" No way. And this was when I had a silver 07 GT so I had no bias towards a color.

Things that will get you pulled over, speeding, having headlights, tag lights, tail lights out, driving a beat up piece of junk down the road with no license plate, one headlight, and swerving all over the road in an area known for meth labs. Get where I'm going with this? Look like trouble, cause trouble, be a moron, you'll get pulled over.

State troopers who have nothing better to do may see a mustang/camaro/vette and look a little harder to get you speeding, maybe and that's a big maybe. I guarantee you your everyday cop has better stuff to do than stop nice people in their brand new mustang just for going down the road in a red car. A stop is just a tool to get into the car to search for other things most of the time unless there's an obvious traffic safety issue at hand. Frankly i couldn't care less if a car rolls through a stop sign. Everyone does it. However if its a car that looks like it might yield something better, I'd definitely stop. If not, whatever. Profiling (not to be confused with racial profiling) is a crucial and common practice in law enforcement. Its not illegal, its not underhanded, its good police work. Now that my lesson in law enforcement is over, I hope you enjoy your new mustang lol.

Last edited by flynavy; 8/18/13 at 06:46 PM.
Old 8/18/13, 06:30 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Two red Mustangs, red Integra GS and only ticket in a Green minivan!!!
Old 8/18/13, 06:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by flynavy
That red=cop magnet myth is such a ridiculous idea. I used to be a cop and I can tell you, the color of the car has absolutely zero to do with whether or not were going to pull it over. Zero. I've never sat there thinking "I can't wait until I see a red mustang because I'm going to stop that punk!" No way. And this was when I had a silver 07 GT so I had no bias towards a color.

Things that will get you pulled over, speeding, having headlights, tag lights, tail lights out, driving a beat up piece of junk down the road with no license plate, one headlight, and swerving all over the road in an area known for meth labs. Get where I'm going with this? Look like trouble, cause trouble, be a moron, you'll get pulled over.

State troopers who have nothing better to do may see a mustang/camaro/vette and look a little harder to get you speeding, maybe and that's a big maybe. I guarantee you your everyday cop has better stuff to do then stop nice people in their brand new mustang just for going down the road in a red car. A stop is just a tool to get into the car to search for other things most of the time unless there's an obvious traffic safety issue at hand. Frankly i couldn't care less if a car rolls through a stop sign. Everyone does it. However if its a car that looks like it might yield something better, I'd definitely stop. If not, whatever. Profiling (not to be confused with racial profiling) is a crucial and common practice in law enforcement. Its not illegal, its not underhanded, its good police work. Now that my lesson in law enforcement is over, I hope you enjoy your new mustang lol.
I've had a couple of red cars ( BMW 325is and Nissan 300zx) and only received 1 speeding ticket in the 5 years and 3 years I owned the 2 cars. I have a couple of buddies that are officers and they agree with your post. Drive fast but smooth and in control, they don't care. Present a danger or seem like you are an asshhat and you're going to have a crappy day. I've had my race red 12 gt for a year and I have never been pulled over.
Old 8/18/13, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah I mean I didn't care what color it is or even what kind of car it is honestly. It was a totally individualized case by case basis decision for every single car/traffic stop. Not to say some cop out there wouldn't target sports cars more but every single cop I ever worked with either in my agency or all of the others that we interacted with didn't care whatsoever what kind of car it was or what color it was. Not one bit.
Old 8/19/13, 09:43 AM

appreciate you reply everyone, will you show more pictures of your red race stang... can wait to have mine.... do you buy or lease it?
Old 8/25/13, 05:57 AM
V6 Member

I guess I better get "The Little Red Rocket" on here before I start her transformation this next month. Got the vehicle used and in my favorite color to boot
Attached Thumbnails Represent your Race Red in here!!!!!!-00-basye-boss-right-front-1.jpg   Represent your Race Red in here!!!!!!-00-basye-boss-right-rear.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 8/25/13, 09:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
wow, the color looks very deep! What wax do you use? (hopefully that's waxed or I'm going to be super jealous haha)
Old 8/25/13, 10:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss

I stayed with the USMC theme and went with Bright Gold Metallic today. These pics aren't very good, but they give you a mediocre view of what she looks like now. I'll post better pics soon.
got to agree that i am not a fan of an massively created Marine logo Mustang. but I agree with Laserred38 that the rear emblem look badazz. I am a Army guy so I might be Bias. LOL. Even so, I would not create a Army car unless I am in Recruiting. Just my preference and I respect yours. Look forward to seeing how you finish it. Maybe it's the potential difference in Reds.
Old 8/26/13, 02:57 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
wow, the color looks very deep! What wax do you use? (hopefully that's waxed or I'm going to be super jealous haha)
I will not lie to you. There is no wax on that car....from me anyway
I took those right after getting it from the dealership. Used with 3400 miles on it, and the track key installed. About 26 lousy miles on it and it has been under cover ever since.....Until next month
Old 8/26/13, 10:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

what's the hold up on driving it?
Old 8/26/13, 02:28 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by SeaPig
I guess I better get "The Little Red Rocket" on here before I start her transformation this next month. Got the vehicle used and in my favorite color to boot
---
Beauty! Now put that steering wheel back on to the correct side!
Old 8/27/13, 02:05 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
what's the hold up on driving it?
I contract in Afghanistan and only get to be around the car a couple times a year.
Next month when I am home on leave, I am going to install a few "Goodies" I have been saving up for, for the last 4 months or so.
Old 8/27/13, 02:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Sorry Peter, you kind of lost me on that one
Old 8/27/13, 07:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

ok ok, less talk, more pics hahaha
Old 8/27/13, 12:54 PM

Ok here's my machine...still haven't named him/her?!
Attached Thumbnails Represent your Race Red in here!!!!!!-image-627204714.jpg   Represent your Race Red in here!!!!!!-image-2271863222.jpg  
Old 8/27/13, 11:09 PM

---
---
Sorry Peter, you kind of lost me on that one
---
In the very first picture, it looks like it's a right-hand-drive car.
Old 8/28/13, 02:18 AM
V6 Member

---

---
In the very first picture, it looks like it's a right-hand-drive car.
Holy Cow! You are right. I never noticed that before. That picture mirrored for some reason.
More pictures will come this next month when I get the MRT slats and splitter on, along with some quarter window covers and an SHR Fuel tank cover.
I have been saving for 4 months for them and looking forward to it
Old 8/28/13, 11:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SnkDrvr
Ok here's my machine...still haven't named him/her?!
car looks good! I've never understood the whole girl names for cars. Why would you give a high horsepower mechanical, angry beast a prissy, high maintenance, sissy girl name?

how about Leviathan?
Old 8/28/13, 03:48 PM

Holy Cow! You are right. I never noticed that before. That picture mirrored for some reason.
More pictures will come this next month when I get the MRT slats and splitter on, along with some quarter window covers and an SHR Fuel tank cover.
I have been saving for 4 months for them and looking forward to it
---
Funny, right?! On a serious note, I think the 2012 Boss has such a special look, more so than any other in the Mustang lineup of that time. Enjoy it.
Old 8/28/13, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pcanno167
got to agree that i am not a fan of an massively created Marine logo Mustang. but I agree with Laserred38 that the rear emblem look badazz. I am a Army guy so I might be Bias. LOL. Even so, I would not create a Army car unless I am in Recruiting. Just my preference and I respect yours. Look forward to seeing how you finish it. Maybe it's the potential difference in Reds.
I'm just bound to create uniqueness, and I think I've easily done that. I wanted something no one else had. I was looking for a theme to build on and I chose one that I know something about. My 20+ years of honorable service had a lot of influence in that decision and so did support from a few of my old military friends. My themed mods are negatives in regard to resale value, which I really couldn't care less about. I intend to keep her much longer than I have other cars and trucks in the past. At 58 years old and not in such great health, just how long can I live anyway? I'm thinking my GT will outlast me. I'm not recruiting, nor would I attempt to by modifying my POV. Truthfully, I feel lucky that I was previously approved for retirement when the recruiting board came knocking on my door, shortly prior to my final year. But, I can and will take every opportunity to advertise for my past, present and future brothers and sisters. Because I'm proud of them, our country and our Corps.

Quick Reply: Represent your Race Red in here!!!!!!