2012-2013 BOSS 302

What in the world is going on with BOSS production??

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/11, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MJockey
Isn't the build date just to the left of the blend #? On mine that number is 120110322. (03/22/2011). My car was released from the plant on 03/23/2011. So yes they were still building Bosses last week.
Not always. That date on my window sticker is three days prior to the car actually finishing the final trim line. Then from final trim they go to VPC for the final Boss treatment (stripes, side pipes, etc.). So, in my case, the date to the left of my blend number is more than ten days prior to my car's true completion.
Old 3/28/11, 06:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1FAFP90

Not always. That date on my window sticker is three days prior to the car actually finishing the final trim line. Then from final trim they go to VPC for the final Boss treatment (stripes, side pipes, etc.). So, in my case, the date to the left of my blend number is more than ten days prior to my car's true completion.
Maybe that number is the day it started or was bucked?

Sent from my Droid via iPhone using TMS Forum
Old 3/28/11, 08:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My sticker says 15. From what I was told, 14 in body, 15 on trim and 16 out the door. I don't know when it went to VPC. Some other cars here have about the same, date on sticker equals the trim line.
Old 3/30/11, 10:11 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris23
My car has been on order since November of last year. I am the number one car ordered at Capital Ford in NC. They are a big mustang dealer that was alloted 12 Bosses. My car is order #B001 for them. It was due to be built on Feb 17th with an original ETA of 9 Mar. Since then I have found out that the car is apparently still in production and as of now no current ETA on arrival. I have been able to view my car and the window sticker through the dealer website since Jan, but now my car does not even show up on their website. Best info that I have gotten in all of my talks with FCS is that they don't know what happened and that the car is supposed to be built on the 29th. Oh and by the way, two weeks ago the ford rep for my dealer told me that my car was on they way and would arrive at the dealer by Friday the 25th. Sure am glad that I did not jump on a plane and fly from Missouri to NC for a car that isn't even done being built yet! I am not familiar with what the blend number represents but I do no that it started very low and is now up to #7230. What in the world is going on up there in MI?? I am really not that upset that the car is going to get here a little later than I was originally told, I just want to know the truth about what is going on so that I can plan accordingly! At this point I have just decided that one day my dealer will call and tell me that the car has arrived because neither one of us can get any real solid info on what is going on with the car.
Hey Chris23,

I just pm'd you some more info on your BOSS. Please check your inbox.

Deysha