Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

What have you done to/with your Boss 302 this week?

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/14, 11:08 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
A wingy thing (Subaru WRX...) tried to out run me in the twisties today. No such luck for him! :-)
Old 6/15/14, 09:12 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got caught by the law doing 70 in a 55. Can't believe he let me go. These cars are hard to hold back.
Old 6/16/14, 02:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 93 LX 5.0
Got caught by the law doing 70 in a 55. Can't believe he let me go. These cars are hard to hold back.
I was in a similar spot last Sat morning on the way to a Mustang cruise with my son. The officer asked if I had a clean driving record, which I did. 2 mins later I was on my way with just a verbal.

For all the complaints you get about LE, most of them are good men/women.

Old 6/16/14, 06:09 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Had an S10 pickup block me on my favorite on-ramp today! Then he took his good ole time getting up to speed!
Old 6/16/14, 09:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Had an S10 pickup block me on my favorite on-ramp today! Then he took his good ole time getting up to speed!
That happens to me every day. Coming and going. Drives me nuts living here. No one knows how to drive. They hand out DLs like fricken skittles.
Old 6/30/14, 09:11 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

This past weekend (June 28 & 29th) I ran and instructed at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX with http://www.edgeaddicts.com/
AMAZING track and facilities....WOW
Old 6/30/14, 09:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Installed a beta piece from Blowfish Racing which has worked wonders for shifting. Unfortunately I cannot describe what the piece is but shifting with the stock shifter feels extremely more precise.
Old 6/30/14, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
Installed a beta piece from Blowfish Racing which has worked wonders for shifting. Unfortunately I cannot describe what the piece is but shifting with the stock shifter feels extremely more precise.
^ 100%
I DID THE SAME AND HAVE FOUND NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERANCE. WHAT I HAVE NOTICED WITH THE MT-82 IS THAT ALL SHIFTING PROBLEMS ARE SOMEWHAT DIFFERANT. I DO BELIEVE THE MAIN PROBLEMS ARE 1'ST TO 2'ND AND 2'ND TO 3'RD. THIS WILL BE GREAT TO SEE HOW ALL THE AFTERMARKET AND STOCK ****ERS RESPOND TO THE BLOWFISH RACING PRODUCT. CANT WAIT TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS THE FAMOUS MGW SHIFTER.

BRANDON302 HAS THE STOCK SHIFTER
I HAVE THE HURST SHIFTER
Old 6/30/14, 07:15 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

What the heck is a beta piece from Blowfish?
Old 7/1/14, 07:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

What the heck is a beta piece from Blowfish?
Steve Puffpaff runs a site called blowfishracing.com currently he has made a beta piece that he had requested testers to try out on BMO. He sells pads and wheels and what not but also has a very nice battery relocation kit and brake cooling duct kit.
Old 7/1/14, 04:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah...Just finished installing the Blowfish Racing brake duct cooling system. Steve makes very good products at a nice price point. Can't wait to hear more about the "Fix"....I didn't make the list because he had too many guys with MGW shifters already.
Old 7/1/14, 06:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Senderofan
Yeah...Just finished installing the Blowfish Racing brake duct cooling system. Steve makes very good products at a nice price point. Can't wait to hear more about the "Fix"....I didn't make the list because he had too many guys with MGW shifters already.
That sucks, I can see this thing blowing up in the road race and drag racing sections of the market.
Old 7/1/14, 10:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boss man
I DO BELIEVE THE MAIN PROBLEMS ARE 1'ST TO 2'ND AND 2'ND TO 3'RD. THIS WILL BE GREAT TO SEE HOW ALL THE AFTERMARKET AND STOCK ****ERS RESPOND TO THE BLOWFISH RACING PRODUCT. CANT WAIT TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS THE FAMOUS MGW SHIFTER.

I haven't seen my Boss in five weeks due to this very issue. It's been at the dealership that long. Last year, a different dealership kept it three weeks without fixing the issue. Currently getting it's third transmission rebuild with 6,000 miles on it.

I wish I had heard of this sooner. I installed an MGW and Whiteline bushing insert last year to see if they would help. They didn't.
Old 7/2/14, 05:59 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 0960
I haven't seen my Boss in five weeks due to this very issue. It's been at the dealership that long. Last year, a different dealership kept it three weeks without fixing the issue. Currently getting it's third transmission rebuild with 6,000 miles on it.

I wish I had heard of this sooner. I installed an MGW and Whiteline bushing insert last year to see if they would help. They didn't.
Hold out just a little longer. Steve says that it should hit the market by the end of the summer. All I can say is that it did wonders for me. I was getting real upset with my car and didnt even have an interest in driving it because everytime I did, I was eighter locked out of third or froceing it to go into second gear. After the install of this product my car has been very smooth and the enjoyment is back. what boggles my mind is it took a small race shop owner (BLOWFISH) compared to a huge (FORD) company to address this problem. And IMO he beat them. FORD should be ashamed of themselves for not addressing this problem. I think they would of saved a ton of money on new transmissions..like yourself. I'm proud to be the first one with this product and have not looked back. Sense the BLOWFISH install I already installed P-springs because I'm back into driving it.
Old 7/2/14, 06:06 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by boss man
Hold out just a little longer. Steve says that it should hit the market by the end of the summer. All I can say is that it did wonders for me. I was getting real upset with my car and didnt even have an interest in driving it because everytime I did, I was eighter locked out of third or froceing it to go into second gear. After the install of this product my car has been very smooth and the enjoyment is back. what boggles my mind is it took a small race shop owner (BLOWFISH) compared to a huge (FORD) company to address this problem. And IMO he beat them. FORD should be ashamed of themselves for not addressing this problem. I think they would of saved a ton of money on new transmissions..like yourself. I'm proud to be the first one with this product and have not looked back. Sense the BLOWFISH install I already installed P-springs because I'm back into driving it.
What is this product a new shifter or just pieces? Is this self install?
Old 7/2/14, 07:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The people, including myself, who are getting to beta the unit had to sign an NDA so we can't disclose much about it, we did have to install it ourselves also because of the NDA. The install is extremely simple though which I was surprised about. It isn't a new shifter that I can say.
Old 7/2/14, 08:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Steve says the "Fix" is very much a DIY type of install. It can't be a new shifter....he's testing it with different aftermarket shifters...but beyond that...only the testers and Steve know.

I think he says about 1.5 hours. I believe he's waiting for more test data and receive his patents. If this works as advertised.......he's going to make many of us happy!

Wayne
Old 7/2/14, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Senderofan
If this works as advertised.......he's going to make many of us happy!
Lord knows Ford isn't going to make us happy. Today marks the beginning of the sixth week that my Boss has sat in the dealer's service lot this time around. On a cumulative basis, today marks the ninth week that it's spent in service for this transmission issue.
Old 7/2/14, 02:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Boss 0960
Lord knows Ford isn't going to make us happy. Today marks the beginning of the sixth week that my Boss has sat in the dealer's service lot this time around. On a cumulative basis, today marks the ninth week that it's spent in service for this transmission issue.
I feel you on the dealer BS, not as serious but I had a blown speaker and trusted the dealer to check it out responsibly, went to pick up my car since they had to order the speaker and found my average MPG at 7 or 8 down from 18 so I know someone thrashed it but never took a picture before dropping it off.
Old 7/2/14, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

BRB. I got the call moments ago that it's ready to be picked up.

Edit - What a mess. At the first stop light, I put it in second gear and was greeted with a good, solid "crunch". Not racing or testing the repair...just normal driving in rush hour traffic. I had a couple of really good second gear shifts but most were still like pulling the shifter through a bag of marbles. On the bright side, the third gear "nibble" seems to be gone. Also, the clutch engagement point has returned to where it was from the factory, before the first rebuild. I don't think it's the tech's fault. It seems to be set up well but it's still not repaired.

Then there's the other side of leaving your car at a dealership for five weeks. I was greeted with a new paint chip high on the front driver's fender. I already know of a couple of chips that happened while driving. I touched one up that sits on the wheel lip just below the new one right before it went into service so I know this one is brand new. They did me a favor by washing it but washing it with clean water and drying it afterwards was too much to expect. It was covered in grey water spots. I tried to clean the windshield with the washer fluid so I could see but the washer fluid wouldn't clean off the spots. If you think I might be too critical, take a look at the color of the mud they washed my car with. Here's a pic of the drivers door sill where it's sitting thick, like chalk. The whole car was covered in this color water spots...stripes, glass, spoiler, etc. I re-washed it as soon as I got home which is why I found the new chip.

Name:  7F9CF05B-4468-4EC9-BFC3-261F52A89D9A.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  93.1 KB

Last edited by Boss 0960; 7/2/14 at 04:50 PM.

Quick Reply: What have you done to/with your Boss 302 this week?