Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

What do you use for a FRONT tie down point?

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/13, 10:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever since I started towing my Griggs'd '07 GT500 up till now with the '13 Boss LS or my Rehagen track car, I have always used a regular "J" hook on chains attached to the front trailer eyelets and hooked them to the oblong hole in the bottom of the front cross-member. This hole can be found just behind the front wheel in the rear of the front wheel well on the bottom (flat) section of the cross member (IIRC, just below the hydro bushing on the control arm mounting point). I pull the car a bit forward of its hauling position to set the hooks. Then I let the car roll back against the chains and attach the rear straps and sinch them down (whether around the rear axle or around the rear rims, depending on the rear suspension of the particular vehicle). This has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread already (maybe not so clearly) and by on of the Team Mustang engineers, if I am not mistaken.......

edit: it's so easy that my wife is the one who sets the hooks for me when I load...............

Last edited by 66sprint200; 8/15/13 at 10:42 PM.
Old 9/9/22, 01:28 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
I saw some Activity in this Forum and Thought I would Check it Out! Ya, this is How it was back in the day. Lots of Good Information from Different Members. An Excellent source of Info. I wish when people came to the Site and Found a Helpful old Topic They would Simply Say Heh Great Info or Something to that Effect. I don't know why we will Have 600 Guests and Maybe 6 Members Logged on at anytime. Seems Strange. Let's Participate Folks.

Not all old Topics need Reviving but One Like This Can Be very Helpful. Going on 18 Years of Information From This site And You Know If A Certain Member Posted Something Very Helpful it's Ok and Polite to Say So Regardless of if they Have Been on the Forum Recently or Have Moved On! This Info is Great Even for the Guy who's Car Breaks Down and gets a Rookie Tow Truck Driver who without some Guidance would Rip your Chin Spoiler Off!

This Site Needs to Rock n Roll Like it Did Back in the Day.

Who is With Me?????

KC
The following users liked this post:
SVOGT302 (9/10/22)