Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Web Site for a Boss Registry

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/11, 06:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Web Site for a Boss Registry

Ron at the GTCSregistry.com website has offered us web space to have a 2012 Boss registry. I think it is a good idea and would like to know what everyone thinks. I have put a lot of time into creating this here and it is going well but we can not even get it made into a sticky thread.

Let me know guys.
Old 4/25/11, 06:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Ron at the GTCSregistry.com website has offered us web space to have a 2012 Boss registry. I think it is a good idea and would like to know what everyone thinks. I have put a lot of time into creating this here and it is going well but we can not even get it made into a sticky thread.

Let me know guys.
We can make it a sticky at Boss Mustangs Online.
Old 4/25/11, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say do whatever it takes...these cars are far to important to be taken for granted.
The following users liked this post:
Brad Butler (11/16/22)
Old 4/25/11, 07:19 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by ulev1st
...these cars are far too important to be taken for granted.
Give it a couple of years. Its hoopla will pass as every other predecessor before it, no matter how great.
Old 4/25/11, 07:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Give it a couple of years. Its hoopla will pass as every other predecessor before it, no matter how great.
Just like the original Boss 302's and Shelby 350 right?
Old 4/25/11, 07:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Fact, a Boss is a Boss, and Ford did this right.
Old 4/25/11, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Exactly.

My reference was to the SEs of the last 12 - 15 years but if you want to bring 40 year old cars to the mix, neither one would be able to carry the jog straps for the '05 - '09 GTs, let alone the '11's, or the present high performance oriented SEs.

I love the new Boss 302 and plan to get one when the time is right, no question it is an excellent package. Given those facts and the new generation in the horizon, its notoriety will fade, no different than the current GT500s. If in doubt, take a look at its forum.

It is always best to deal with reality as opposed to illusions, the enthusiasm lasts a lot longer.

Last edited by 1 COBRA; 4/25/11 at 08:01 PM.
Old 4/25/11, 08:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Exactly.

My reference was to the SEs of the last 12 - 15 years but if you want to bring 40 year old cars to the mix, neither one would be able to carry the jog straps for the '05 - '09 GTs, let alone the '11's, or the present high performance oriented SEs.

I love the new Boss 302 and plan to get one when the time is right, no question it is an excellent package. Given those facts and the new generation in the horizon, its notoriety will fade, no different than the current GT500s. If in doubt, take a look at its forum.

It is always best to deal with reality as opposed to illusions, the enthusiasm lasts a lot longer.
Reality. It's refreshing to see it still exists.
Old 4/25/11, 08:09 PM
V6 Member

I absolutely think it is a great idea. Who knows the value (of the cars/registry/memorabilia) several years from now. It might be worth nothing, but then again, it might be the next big thing! I for one would appreciate it!
Old 4/25/11, 08:24 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

An official registry would be nice. These cars are special, and creating something now will be extremely helpful in a decade or two when collectors start to appreciate what the original owners know.
Old 4/25/11, 08:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Has anyone given thought to figuring out how to make this work within the construct of the Ford Performance Group, which is the official Ford enthusiast connection? As I understand it, the group that runs www.boss302.com (Boss 302 Registry) was the group to which there was supposed to be an affiliation.

Right now, there are multiple forums with potential multiple databases running around (whether they be in an actual database, forum thread, etc.).

I recommend contacting John Clor at FPG to see what options there might be. Until there is a coordinated effort, I believe you will continue to see a variety of multiple communities in various states of having documentation.

I am sharing my experience as a member of the Mach 1 Registry (for the SN-95 Machs) and IMBOC (for the SN-95 and S197 Bullitts). I worked with John Clor on behalf of both of these clubs to get the affiliation. However, both of those clubs were singularly focused and founded by single individuals.

Thoughts?
Old 4/25/11, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I emailed John today on another issue but I did bring up this to him to see what he thought about adding the new Boss to the FPG club. I was not sure if there would be a conflict with the regular Boss registry or not since they declinded to be apart of the FPG club. I am waiting for him to reply back to my email.

Ron
Old 4/25/11, 09:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by bztz4m
I emailed John today on another issue but I did bring up this to him to see what he thought about adding the new Boss to the FPG club. I was not sure if there would be a conflict with the regular Boss registry or not since they declinded to be apart of the FPG club. I am waiting for him to reply back to my email.

Ron
If they declined, then whoever owns a forum and reaches out to John most likely would get the ball rolling on this!
Old 4/25/11, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso

...I am sharing my experience as a member of the Mach 1 Registry (for the SN-95 Machs) and IMBOC (for the SN-95 and S197 Bullitts). I worked with John Clor on behalf of both of these clubs to get the affiliation. However, both of those clubs were singularly focused and founded by single individuals.

Thoughts?
There is a risk and tendency for segregation and isolation. It's success would rely on the mentality and mandate of who is running it.

I had a pleasant experience in the Mach 1 Registry while I had the Mach 1s for eighteen months as opposed to IMBOC where I joined near its inception and frequently visited until 2007. All it took was a couple of posts not the standards of the cherished Bullitt, soon there were edited and deleted posts, the '01s vs the '08s, the endless pep rally for the terminal inferior complex got to be a bit too much.

I hope the lucky ones who get their hands on a Boss 302 will keep in mind they are members of the Mustang family first and refrain from feeling superior or becoming Boss snobs.

Last edited by 1 COBRA; 4/25/11 at 09:23 PM.
Old 4/25/11, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about the "Mustang Boss 302 Registry" listed in the back of the 2012 Mustang pamphlet under "Official Mustang Clubs"??
Old 4/26/11, 06:14 AM
Cobra Member

I believe an official registry is a great idea for many reasons including the detection of fakes being passed off as originals. However, I also agree with 1 Bullitt - while I love my Boss and it is a special car we should refrain from becoming Boss snobs. I had a similar experience when I owned an SVO for a few years. Most SVO dedicated sites are frequented mostly by SVO snobs and any mention of anything that runs contrary to the few who run the site will result in immediate banishment, certainly not the attitude we would want to convey. Just my $.02
Old 4/26/11, 06:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

There is a risk and tendency for segregation and isolation. It's success would rely on the mentality and mandate of who is running it.
Yes, that could happen.

I had a pleasant experience in the Mach 1 Registry while I had the Mach 1s for eighteen months as opposed to IMBOC where I joined near its inception and frequently visited until 2007. All it took was a couple of posts not the standards of the cherished Bullitt, soon there were edited and deleted posts, the '01s vs the '08s, the endless pep rally for the terminal inferior complex got to be a bit too much.
I think the "culture" of a dedicated model registry can take on various forms, depending on the time elapsed and the owner base. As a former original Mach 1 owner, I had a lot in common with the early owners. A few years down the line, as cars changed hands, then probably less so, not that I didn't participate. In the case of IMBOC, I was a member long before I even had a Bullitt. I guess I am one of those owners who was in the "changed culture" :-)

I hope the lucky ones who get their hands on a Boss 302 will keep in mind they are members of the Mustang family first and refrain from feeling superior or becoming Boss snobs.
Yep, agree.
Old 4/26/11, 07:03 AM
Cobra Member

Old 4/26/11, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
... I think the "culture" of a dedicated model registry can take on various forms, depending on the time elapsed and the owner base...
That is part of it.

Another segment is the thought of a personality boost due to an imaginary prestige in association with the particular model. It's a bad sign when the "us against the world" becomes a norm and usually leads to censorship and conflicts.

I am not sure which recipe would be proper although models set by TMS and SVT Performance might be worth looking into.
Old 4/26/11, 07:48 AM
GT Member

Another segment is the thought of a personality boost due to an imaginary prestige in association with the particular model.
Do what?!? I want to feel my imaginary prestige... I think an official registry site is a fine idea. Been a Mustang fan for over 20 years but must admit I am rather culturally bankrupt.

Quick Reply: Web Site for a Boss Registry