2012-2013 BOSS 302

Value question

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/13, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow it sounds like we are living in the greatest of all times... we all have Boss 302`s we can afford the gas to fill the tanks, and have control of when and where they go... Let`s run the s**t out of them!!!
Before we are dead, broke, and chauffeured around by cars that drive themselves... to protect us from ourselves????????
Old 2/20/13, 09:56 PM
GT Member

Word. But it only costs like $25 to fill the tank. We're all rich!!! We have everything and camaro owners have nothing!
Old 2/21/13, 12:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Mine's stored for Winter, then driven like hell in summer. 30,000k on mine. So worthless, I guess.
So you have a 2012 with 30,000 miles,
Well I don't feel as bad now.
Should I even feel bad for having high miles. What can I say, I love driving the stang
Old 2/21/13, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am at 2500 miles now. I use mine as a Sunday Driver and love getting into it each and every time we go somewhere. I AM trying to keep the mileage low, but more to save the wear and tear than some future sale.

Dave
Old 2/22/13, 07:10 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Dayve
I am at 2500 miles now. I use mine as a Sunday Driver and love getting into it each and every time we go somewhere. I AM trying to keep the mileage low, but more to save the wear and tear than some future sale.

Dave
OK....I'll believe you.
Old 2/22/13, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Number23
Seriously, do you follow any technology related news?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverless_car
<B>
In August 2012, the team announced that they have completed over 300,000 autonomous-driving miles (500 000 km) accident-free
</B>

Were already seeing declining interest in car among the those under 30. This demo will readily adopt this technology and it will grow faster than you think.

How many people would love car that picks them up on demand (by touching an icon on a smartphone) and take them to their destination autonomously while they relax watching a movie, browse the web or read on their tablet? When the car arrives it its destination, it goes off to pick up another person. The passenger has no concerns about parking or maintenance.

How many parents of teenagers would love a self driving car that only goes where it's ordered, can be recalled at any time and can be tracked with a smart phone?

How many long haul trucking firms would love a truck that drives itself, doesn't need sleep and doesn't need to be drug tested?

How many taxi cab companies would love a cab that doesn't need a driver?

How many? Lots and lots.

Google has more than enough resources to make this happen and every major manufacture is working on autonomous cars right now. Autonomous cars exist today, they work and they are the future.
That's all well and good, but your logic is flawed by the assumption that the value of a car is derived solely on its ability to perform the very basic function of transportation from point A to point B.
We are talking Mustangs here.
More specifically, the BOSS 302.
I'm willing to bet that the majority of Mustang owners are rather passionate about their cars, and view them as more than simple transportation. As long as that passion exists, it will be a factor in the value of these cars.
Old 2/22/13, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dave
Is it more fun to be worrying about the mileage and wear, or simply drive it and enjoy it? I realize each person is satisfied differently, but what fun is it to be cautious with it?
Old 2/22/13, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I drive a Pick Up truck to work, Mon-Friday, and sometimes on Saturday. I drive the Boss on weekends and sometimes at night, taking the wife out during the week. This type of driving is what I bought the Boss for. This type of driving is going to give me 5K miles a year, which is cool. I enjoy the hell out of the Boss, I drive it when I want after work or weekends, and do not put a ton of miles on it. You guys are the ones talking about worrying about mileage or future sales, not me. When I get into the Boss, my worries are no more! Again, that is why I like driving it as a weekend car, I look foreward to driving it, and it has not gotten old yet.
Old 2/22/13, 04:05 PM
Cobra R Member

I drive a Pick Up truck to work, Mon-Friday, and sometimes on Saturday. I drive the Boss on weekends and sometimes at night, taking the wife out during the week. This type of driving is what I bought the Boss for. This type of driving is going to give me 5K miles a year, which is cool. I enjoy the hell out of the Boss, I drive it when I want after work or weekends, and do not put a ton of miles on it. You guys are the ones talking about worrying about mileage or future sales, not me. When I get into the Boss, my worries are no more! Again, that is why I like driving it as a weekend car, I look foreward to driving it, and it has not gotten old yet.
My wife doesn't like going anywhere with me in the Boss.
1) Says I scare her.

2) Gets annoyed that I park it farther from buildings.

3) Doesn't like how fussy I am on the way she gets in and out of it.

4) mad that I wont allow her to eat in it. But can drink. LoL
Old 2/22/13, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord

1) Says I scare her.

That's great, people just don't understand how we feel about our cars..lol
Old 2/22/13, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
1) Says I scare her.

pics of the wife ...ya know so we can understand her better
Old 2/22/13, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I am the same way. So far, and it has been about 6 months since I bought the Boss, no eating and for the most part, only bottled water allowed in the Boss. I park WAY away from other cars, and only in spots I think are over sized to keep the Boss doors safe from dings. I never park near a minivan, figure they have kids who won't care and maybe scuff up the Boss. I like parking by Vettes, Mustangs, Camaros, etc., figure they like their cars as much as I like mine, and will be careful around it. I put some Lexus in its place the other night, but I drive fairly safe, but fast. I have to think about my work insurance and all, but man, I do love me some on ramps!

Dave
Old 2/22/13, 09:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Glenn
Old 2/23/13, 02:39 PM
Cobra R Member

jjjjjj

Last edited by UnrealFord; 3/2/13 at 07:06 PM.
Old 2/23/13, 03:03 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts

1) Says I scare her.

Well she gets 1/2 of one rule so what's the problem?!?
Old 2/23/13, 08:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
Glenn, you are sooo predictable LOL You ever posted pics of your wife?
Old 2/24/13, 07:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by aircare84
Glenn, you are sooo predictable LOL You ever posted pics of your wife?
heck yea several times just check through my posts and you can see them.
Old 2/26/13, 08:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Well she gets 1/2 of one rule so what's the problem?!?

The only drink I allow is water. If someone is diabetic and will die without food I allow them to eat a standard old-school powerbar. There are zero crumbs.
Old 2/26/13, 11:15 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
That's all well and good, but your logic is flawed by the assumption that the value of a car is derived solely on its ability to perform the very basic function of transportation from point A to point B.
We are talking Mustangs here.
More specifically, the BOSS 302.
I'm willing to bet that the majority of Mustang owners are rather passionate about their cars, and view them as more than simple transportation. As long as that passion exists, it will be a factor in the value of these cars.
GM expect such car to become available by then end of the decade. Once autonomous vehicles become available people will stop learning to drive.

Teens today are more interested in their cell phones and social networking then cars and of those that are getting a drivers licence, how many know how to operate a manual transmission? One of our baby sitters had no idea what the small pedal on the left was for, she'd never seen a car with a clutch.

How many people are going to be interested in 15 or 20 year old car that can't be (or is prohibitively expensive to be) driven on public roads?

Enjoy the car now, don't save it for somebody else.
Old 2/26/13, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

So if their going to automate the car transportation that would mean they would have to enforce it, I know everyone on here would revolt against that to drive their precious mustang
First it's gun rights now driving rights..hahaha. Never gonna happen...lol
Kinda reminds me of I-robot
I guess enjoy your 302's while you can

Quick Reply: Value question