2012-2013 BOSS 302

Uh oh. Is this bad for me and my order?

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/11, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uh oh. Is this bad for me and my order?

I ordered my BOSS during late NOV. I received an order confirmation but have not been able to find out about a VIN or a build date through my dealership. They check for me often but they state there's no new info on my status.
Yesterday I sent my order information to the customer service rep on this site to see if there was anything further they could find. I received the following today:

Hi Greg,

Thank you for reaching out! I was able to check your 2012 BOSS 302 order. It is showing as “Unscheduled-Material Hold”. This means the order is on-hold pending resolution of a production hold for material availability. No further info at this time. Please keep checking with me for updates.

Deysha

So is this for everyone's or just mine? I'm also not getting a warm and fuzzy about the Unscheduled part. Any thoughts on this?
Old 2/8/11, 03:48 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Bones Applesauce
I ordered my BOSS during late NOV. I received an order confirmation but have not been able to find out about a VIN or a build date through my dealership. They check for me often but they state there's no new info on my status.
Yesterday I sent my order information to the customer service rep on this site to see if there was anything further they could find. I received the following today:

Hi Greg,

Thank you for reaching out! I was able to check your 2012 BOSS 302 order. It is showing as “Unscheduled-Material Hold”. This means the order is on-hold pending resolution of a production hold for material availability. No further info at this time. Please keep checking with me for updates.

Deysha

So is this for everyone's or just mine? I'm also not getting a warm and fuzzy about the Unscheduled part. Any thoughts on this?
don't think so. what quarter is your allocation?
Old 2/8/11, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

Mine is on Material Hold as well and it's a Q1 build.
Old 2/8/11, 03:54 PM
Cobra Member

I got the same response. My dealer won't even give me a quarter build. My dealer has 2 allocations, i am getting the first one. Whenever that may be
Old 2/8/11, 03:58 PM

Haven't been able to get my build quarter either from my dealership. They stated that my order has still not been pulled by Ford yet. Sales manager said he would attempt to get with rep and check on build quarter. I'm going to assume that the Material Hold is the delay that everyone has been experiencing with their cars, but I'm probably wrong.
Old 2/8/11, 04:05 PM
Banned

It's normal and it's nothing to worry about. All it means is that a supplier of a Boss doesn't have a firm ETA to deliver their order to the plant. No ETA, they can't schedule your build. It's that simple.

I had the same thing happen with my Ranger. I ordered an FX4 top model with a manual transmission, had a special chrome shifter with an 8-ball type ****. It was delayed for 3 weeks, the vendor hadn't delivered its first parts shipment to the plant. When the parts started flowing, the truck got scheduled.
Old 2/8/11, 04:10 PM
Cobra Member

Hopefully that's it. The rep told me to check back weekly for updates. So, hopefully it will be resolved soon
Old 2/8/11, 04:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Bones Applesauce
Haven't been able to get my build quarter either from my dealership. They stated that my order has still not been pulled by Ford yet. Sales manager said he would attempt to get with rep and check on build quarter. I'm going to assume that the Material Hold is the delay that everyone has been experiencing with their cars, but I'm probably wrong.
The dealer's rep should be able to tell the dealer what quarter their allocations are.
Old 2/8/11, 05:11 PM
GT Member

Me Too

Yep, I got the same message. At least it shows in the system. My Dealer also doesn't seem to be able to find out what Qtr the allocation is for. I was told they are getting 1-Street Boss & 1-LS. I am first up and the Street Boss comes to them first. I keep getting assured that it is mine. Not knowing the build Qtr makes me wonder?

I'll just keep checking with FCS.

I am also going to take a ride by the plant this weekend to see if any new cars are filling the shipping lots. At least that would be a clue they are making cars. Maybe I'll get lucky and spot a Boss.
Old 2/8/11, 07:41 PM

Ok I feel a lot better. It seemed that many topics here included people with VINs and build dates. Apparently I'm not the only one in the boat rowing through this fog of not having a VIN haha! It's just that this car is perfect for what I want it for...and I can picture the worst happening, such as slipping through the cracks.
Old 2/8/11, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Build week 21 Feb; delivery date of 9 March from the dealer tonite.