Search this Thread

Old 3/31/11, 05:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSB for our transmission...

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...ting-problems/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tsb11-03-18coldshift.pdf (47.0 KB, 321 views)

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/10/11 at 09:57 PM.
Old 3/31/11, 05:57 PM
Cobra Member

Hopefully the 2012 were shipped with the right fluid
Old 3/31/11, 06:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jza1736
Hopefully the 2012 were shipped with the right fluid
It does say 12 also so I will ask on Monday when the Boss is in there.
Old 3/31/11, 07:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
It does say 12 also so I will ask on Monday when the Boss is in there.
Scott you live in sunny Florida This TSB is for us hardy northerners
Old 3/31/11, 08:45 PM
GT Member

Yep, got my attention!
I think I am the furthest north and that would be a problem!
Old 3/31/11, 09:08 PM
GT Member

When they say "dual clutch", is it same fluid as the Tremec 6060?
Old 4/1/11, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mus408
Curious about that myself...
Old 4/1/11, 08:57 AM
GT Member

I am in NE Ohio where winter is still here, snowing today it's crazy. I'm not sure if I'm going to change the fluid. It seems like anytime I plan to drive it, I can warm it up first if need be. Maybe when I get my first oil change. For sure not a special trip just to change the fluid. The less I'm at the dealer the better
Old 4/1/11, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Anybody know if the dual clutch transmission fluid is a non-synthetic fluid? I noticed when I switch to full synthetic trans fluid in my M3 it would be a lot harder to shift when cold. It takes about 5 miles of driving to warm it up enough to shift smoothly on cool mornings.
Old 4/1/11, 11:15 AM
GT Member

I first thought about the BMW M3 with the double clutch and what oil it used.
Does Ford has a double clutch in some model for them to have oil to use for this problem?
Old 6/16/11, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mus408
No think Ford Fiesta tranny fluid......
Old 6/16/11, 02:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not worried about this here in roasty-toasty AZ, but good to have the info just-in-case.
Old 6/16/11, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 06GT
Not worried about this here in roasty-toasty AZ, but good to have the info just-in-case.
You shouldn't have this issue then....but...there are some in states like Florida with 'rough/high effort shifting' and are told this is the 'fix'. The reality is this is the only thing the dealerships can do.

I hope your Boss shifts without a hitch, unlike my GT did.
Old 6/16/11, 03:21 PM
Cobra R Member

That is correct comes in one of the F cars, Focus or Fiesta. I do not plan to change the fluid since I am hoping for a better long term real fix.

I contacted Deysha to report my issue to Ford and they called me today. I explained the same to them, that the fluid change does not appear to be a correct fix and I just wanted my problem on record. From everything I have been told Ford is working on this issue and we shall see what they come up with.

Shifting is a little smoother at temp even here in FL but my issue is more with the shifter binding and not letting me into gears, mostly 3 and 5. When I first got the Boss I was aware of the clutch problem on other Mustangs from bolts coming loose but not this issue. After a few days of driving the Boss I went to the dealer to feel the shifter in a GT since my did not feel right. It was after this that I started reading more about this shifting problem, so I am not complaining for the hell of it. I am happy for everyone that does not have this problem but for those that do it is a big issue.

For now the car is drivable but I feel better having this on record, they need to know how many people have the issue. If anyone else is having the problem I suggest you report it, even if you do not want to do the fluid change.
Old 6/16/11, 03:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
That is correct comes in one of the F cars, Focus or Fiesta. I do not plan to change the fluid since I am hoping for a better long term real fix.

I contacted Deysha to report my issue to Ford and they called me today. I explained the same to them, that the fluid change does not appear to be a correct fix and I just wanted my problem on record. From everything I have been told Ford is working on this issue and we shall see what they come up with.

Shifting is a little smoother at temp even here in FL but my issue is more with the shifter binding and not letting me into gears, mostly 3 and 5. When I first got the Boss I was aware of the clutch problem on other Mustangs from bolts coming loose but not this issue. After a few days of driving the Boss I went to the dealer to feel the shifter in a GT since my did not feel right. It was after this that I started reading more about this shifting problem, so I am not complaining for the hell of it. I am happy for everyone that does not have this problem but for those that do it is a big issue.

For now the car is drivable but I feel better having this on record, they need to know how many people have the issue. If anyone else is having the problem I suggest you report it, even if you do not want to do the fluid change.
Scott - when you are having the binding issues, is it at any RPM or at higher RPM, and at all temps? I am having an issue with 3rd gear when shifting from 2nd at or close to redline where it simply will not go into gear with normal effort. If I put quite a bit of pressure on the shifter during the upshift it will find 3rd w/o grinding or complaining, but man I am putting some force on the lever. Temperature does not matter, plus I would not do this on a cold gearbox. It does not seem like normal operation though, or is it?
If not, I will also log the issue with Ford.

B -
Old 6/16/11, 04:10 PM
Cobra R Member

It happened on the track three times where I could not get into fifth. The other gears were off-track. It does not matter hot or cold, the only thing constant is when I am driving and shifing hard. When I first got the Boss it was worse but after a few hundred miles the shifter loosened up, still there but not as bad. Third has locked me out sometimes, going to second feels rough but never locked me out.
Old 6/16/11, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Scott,

I have experienced being locked out a couple times while going into 1st gear. I drive the car easy for the first couple of miles but have noticed that 2nd gear is notchy from time to time. I have spoken to Ford service and was advised to due the tsb but opted out waiting to see if Ford has a better remedy. It does seem to be getting better over time. I have just over a 1k miles on the car.

Last edited by badasbullitt; 6/16/11 at 06:53 PM.
Old 6/16/11, 07:09 PM

I thought the Boss had an updated clutch assembly? If so then it might be the MT-82 tranny or shift linkage causing all this?

Check out this thread if you haven't seen it already...big and unorganized but there is good info there if you search or ask.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ml#post2609922
Old 6/16/11, 07:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Best thing to do is report it, get it on record. Without good data Ford will not know the true extent of the problem. I did it here with FCS but made it clear my service department was not at fault.
Old 6/16/11, 07:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by white__stallion
I thought the Boss had an updated clutch assembly? If so then it might be the MT-82 tranny or shift linkage causing all this?

Check out this thread if you haven't seen it already...big and unorganized but there is good info there if you search or ask.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ml#post2609922
This is not a clutch issue, at least for me. The clutch issue was found to be too much loctite being put on the flywheel bolts so they would not thread in all the way and would come loose. At least that is the way I understand it.

Quick Reply: TSB for our transmission...