2012-2013 BOSS 302

Transmissions Being Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/11, 09:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've tried to register on the Boss Registry but always get an error. Would love to attend that event.
Old 6/4/11, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ipodintampa
I think what needs to happen is a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, from all 2011 GT owners, and BOSS owners who are having problems with their Chinese transmissions.

Then FORD will absolutely change where they are having it assembled, and look into exactly why their are not working out so well...

Period.
Oh my.
Old 6/4/11, 09:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by badasbullitt
From what I have read the whining noise is due to the thinner fluids which is self explanatory. I have experimented with different shifting techniques and have had success too. I was finding that 1st gear was becoming an issue last week as far as putting it in gear from neutral while stopped at a stoplight. When the light changed I could not get it to go into gear until several attempts later which is unnerving.

My service advisor said if I wasn't happy with the TSB he would replace it back to the original state.

Is there anything to lose by doing this?
IMHO no, you should be OK. I am going to wait until there is a real fix. Some people say they have no problem so we are in the minority here. However I think there is a very real problem that is not going away with this band-aid fix. I will wait it out, the car is drivable, just not perfect.
Old 6/4/11, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had a car with a Getrag transaxle that had to warm up before it would shift smoothly. After several thousand miles it was smooth as butter. I'm not concerned. The higher the shift rpm, the smoother the boss shifts.
Old 6/4/11, 10:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jmatero
It's obviously not the MT82 seen in THIS pic of the BOSS:

i would think the brake ducts would have given it away.

beers
Old 6/5/11, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by 4pipes
I had a car with a Getrag transaxle that had to warm up before it would shift smoothly. After several thousand miles it was smooth as butter. I'm not concerned. The higher the shift rpm, the smoother the boss shifts.
Is it possible this is a clutch hydraulic issue since it is pumping harder at higher rpm hence why it is easier to shift at higher RPM?
Old 6/5/11, 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by white__stallion
Is it possible this is a clutch hydraulic issue since it is pumping harder at higher rpm hence why it is easier to shift at higher RPM?
Huh? Unless there's been some drastic change in design, all the "hydraulic" parts of a clutch are pretty much stationary. They move in and out to actuate, but do not rotate and have no revolutions per minute. The leading edge of the throwout bearing turns but it's a bearing. Maybe you were thinking a hydraulic pump was involved. In this case I believe the pump is your left leg!
Old 6/5/11, 08:47 AM
GTR Member

Part of the reason they don't always have tours going is the future product development and testing that goes on. If there were and 1PP or TT builds going through that day, the public won't be allowed in. This also applies for anything Mazda is doing at the time.

People need to stop beating the "Chinese transmission" drum. It's a known fact, just let it be. That is not the root cause of these transmission issues.

For those feeling a clunk, have you tried disconnecting the skip-shift solenoid plug? Once I installed the FRPP tune that eliminated skip-shift, the shift was noticeably different from 1-2.
Old 6/5/11, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by white__stallion
The transmission shafts are turning faster.
Old 6/5/11, 09:19 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
People need to stop beating the "Chinese transmission" drum. It's a known fact, just let it be. That is not the root cause of these transmission issues.
This. It's not like the Chinese are the only ones to ever have a quality control issue. I'm sure it's NEVER happened at a Ford, Chevrolet, or Chrysler plant.
Old 6/5/11, 09:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
This. It's not like the Chinese are the only ones to ever have a quality control issue. I'm sure it's NEVER happened at a Ford, Chevrolet, or Chrysler plant.
Iinks
Old 6/5/11, 09:30 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Iinks

http://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Cont...FQsCbAoda11_uA
Old 6/5/11, 09:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Once I installed the FRPP tune that eliminated skip-shift, the shift was noticeably different from 1-2.
Exactly, I didnt have the clunk but the skip shift is gone and performs so much better!
Old 6/5/11, 09:54 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Part of the reason they don't always have tours going is the future product development and testing that goes on. If there were and 1PP or TT builds going through that day, the public won't be allowed in. This also applies for anything Mazda is doing at the time.

For those feeling a clunk, have you tried disconnecting the skip-shift solenoid plug? Once I installed the FRPP tune that eliminated skip-shift, the shift was noticeably different from 1-2.
Is the FRPP tune thr TRACKEY option? Has that been released?
Old 6/5/11, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Is the FRPP tune thr TRACKEY option? Has that been released?
Not that i am aware of and i am not sure Overboost has a Boss 302 i think he has a sweet GT with said tune unless he upgraded the lucky bugger
Old 6/5/11, 10:05 AM
GTR Member

TracKey isn't out yet, but when you can get it, the skip-shift will be disabled.
Old 6/5/11, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
IMHO no, you should be OK. I am going to wait until there is a real fix. Some people say they have no problem so we are in the minority here. However I think there is a very real problem that is not going away with this band-aid fix. I will wait it out, the car is drivable, just not perfect.

I would think also that when winter time comes it would be an advantage to have the dual clutch fluid.
Old 6/5/11, 12:28 PM
FR500 Member

I plan on putting Crisco transmission fluid additive in. My shifts will be buttery smooth!
Old 6/5/11, 01:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
White truffle oil for me.
Old 6/5/11, 08:36 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I am going to use the same peanut oil that I use to lubricate my black plastic trim and fry turkeys

Quick Reply: Transmissions Being Replaced