2012-2013 BOSS 302

Trackey Tech

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/11, 03:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trackey Tech

Talked to the guys at Ford Racing and they did confirm that either the black or red will work. That is a moot point because he did say that only one key will work at any time with the programming, so it looks like I will just do the red key myself. I had hoped by programming the black I could have spare copies of the "trackey"

I questioned him on the lost key issue since only one key will work at a time and he said that if you replace the red Trackey for a lost one, it will not activate the Trackey" programming but that if this did happen to someone they would call Ford Racing and a solution would be worked out without having to buy the program again. What that solution is he did not know, maybe they have to download the program again to match the new key and not charge you? Anyone's guess.
Old 10/29/11, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I had read that if the red key was lost, you just needed another red key to activate the programming in the ECU. I might be misinformed, but I'm sure someone will have an answer.
Old 10/29/11, 03:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ufnavy06
I thought I had read that if the red key was lost, you just needed another red key to activate the programming in the ECU. I might be misinformed, but I'm sure someone will have an answer.
It's in the dealer installation notes on the Trackey site in the FAQ section (http://www.trackey.ford.com/trackey/...ons%20V1.0.pdf).

Essentially you have to buy a new blank, have it cut, have PATS re-synched (?) and have the key programmed... all "at customer's expense". ECM doesn't need to be reflashed.

Last edited by twawsico; 10/29/11 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10/29/11, 07:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by twawsico
It's in the dealer installation notes on the Trackey site in the FAQ section (http://www.trackey.ford.com/trackey/...ons%20V1.0.pdf).

Essentially you have to buy a new blank, have it cut, have PATS re-synched (?) and have the key programmed... all "at customer's expense". ECM doesn't need to be reflashed.
Good reading, thanks for the find. Looks a little more complicated then I had thought if you make any changes to the car - tires axle ratio etc.

If you are running track tires different then the original size you better tell your dealer the size or they will put in the stock tire size.
Old 10/29/11, 10:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Sent an email to FR and hope I get a response on the tire issue, also skip shift.

Since Trackey disables skip shift I wonder if the program will have a fault if the skip shift plug has been manually disconnected. Guess I could just reconnect it but I do not like street driving with it connected.

My other question to them is since different tire manufactures overall dimensions (W & H) differ even if the tire size is the same how much room for error in height is allowed in the programming when entering the tire size during Trackey installation?
Old 10/30/11, 06:20 AM
GT Member

I'm pretty luck as far as skip**** goes, my normal driving habit (easy) seems to trigger the skipshift every now and then.......but I'm already going to second when the dash indicates for me to go to 4th.......It's like I beat it to the punch. LOL