Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey Daily Driver Question

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/13, 09:10 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SneakyE
I got my boss back last Thursday evening and haven't had a problem with it since. Even on days where the thermometer on the car was reading 104 and I was stuck in stop and go traffic.

They found that a senser and wiring harness associated with the radiator fan had melted. This probably happened when the radiator fan burned out a couple of week prior.

For future reference, my service adviser said she contacted Ford Racing and confirmed that it was okay to drive on the streets with the trackey. She also contacted other boss owners to see if they used the trackey on the streets. It was nice that she followed up on what I told her despite me contradicting what the mechanic was telling her.

Thanks y'all for your input. It was nice to have confirmation and knowing that Deysha has my back!
Any time, SneakyE!

Deysha
Old 9/6/13, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deysha,

Maybe you could find out the answer to this question. When running with TracKey (TK) enabled, is the car automatically put into Sport Mode for traction control, electroinic stability, and steering or just the steering?

From what I can tell, enabling TK puts the steering into Sport Mode, but not the other two. To be able to put those into Sport Mode you have to press the brake pedal and then press the TC button twice rapidly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by Brewmaster23; 9/6/13 at 02:10 PM.
Old 9/6/13, 03:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Brewmaster23
Deysha,

Maybe you could find out the answer to this question. When running with TracKey (TK) enabled, is the car automatically put into Sport Mode for traction control, electroinic stability, and steering or just the steering?

From what I can tell, enabling TK puts the steering into Sport Mode, but not the other two. To be able to put those into Sport Mode you have to press the brake pedal and then press the TC button twice rapidly. Please correct me if I am wrong.
The trackey only puts the steering into sport mode. The traction/stability control has to be turned off manually. You can also hold the TC button for about six seconds while pressing the brake to turn off all traction/stability control.
Old 9/6/13, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by SneakyE
The trackey only puts the steering into sport mode. The traction/stability control has to be turned off manually. You can also hold the TC button for about six seconds while pressing the brake to turn off all traction/stability control.
Got it. So, when running in trackey and you hit the TC button twice to go into Sport Mode, is the traction control and stability control reduced or does this action just turn off traction control and stability control? The manual says reduced intervention, whatever the heck that means.
Old 9/8/13, 03:34 AM
GT Member

The TracKey doesn't automatically put the steering into Sport mode. Go to the Vehicle settings in the menu to get to that. To get to the "Sport" traction control setting, you must be in "Sport" steering mode. Double tap the TC button and it should engage the Sport mode there.

FWIW, I drove Thunderhill (a moderately fast track) with traction "off" (single press) and the stability program still kicked in going around turn 8 when trying to give it more throttle. The next session I used the Sport TC setting and it didn't try to nanny me at all and ultimately seemed a little bit safer since the throttle wasn't retarding during a turn.

Interesting that "off" isn't really off. I think I've tried holding the TC button for 6-8 seconds but it didn't do anything special.
Old 9/12/13, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by mattlqx
Interesting that "off" isn't really off. I think I've tried holding the TC button for 6-8 seconds but it didn't do anything special.
I think you need to turn Advancetrack off to turn everything off, which is accomplished by stepping on the brakes and holding down the TC button for a few seconds.

I've read on other forums that in Sport mode, TC will still interfere in high speed turns by applying the rear brakes. People have noticed uneven wear on the rear brakes because of this.

Last edited by F.D. Sako; 9/12/13 at 04:06 PM.