Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Trackey Announce!!!The day has arrived!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/11, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
TracKey will bring world peace. But only if all Boss owners use it to start their cars at exactly the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vlbpOmOvII
Old 10/9/11, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best. Video. Ever.
Old 10/9/11, 12:04 PM
V6 Member

trackey

I'll be at SEMA, will post what ever the announcement is, and any info I can get out of them about it
Old 10/9/11, 04:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by billyboss
I'll be at SEMA, will post what ever the announcement is, and any info I can get out of them about it
TracKey Agent Man, yes do pry, maybe bring a audio recorder so you can post the Song and Dance... I am all for World Peace or World Peas for that matter. Tell them they owe us $302 dollars for waiting this long hahahahahaaa and a free Red Key.
Old 10/9/11, 05:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by LadyBoss302

TracKey Agent Man, yes do pry, maybe bring a audio recorder so you can post the Song and Dance... I am all for World Peace or World Peas for that matter. Tell them they owe us $302 dollars for waiting this long hahahahahaaa and a free Red Key.
Whirled Peas.
And I am all for Saving the Whales, and if TracKey lives up to our expectations, it might "Stop the Wails."
Old 10/9/11, 05:14 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whirled Peas.
And I am all for Saving the Whales, and if TracKey lives up to our expectations, it might "Stop the Wails."
Old 10/9/11, 05:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by boss man
What boggles my mind is how come the people that attended Track Attack and drove these cars with the track key didnt post there true feelings about the RED KEY till now.
Maybe not everyone is waiting on pins and needles for some miraculous "sprout wings and fly" transformation from a smog legal OEM calibration upgrade. I for one didn't comment in my own thread since it was not something that even made a difference to me.

However Phil made these comments:

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
A few instructors said they were pre-production models and don't necessarily have the "final" Track Key tune. Frankly, other than a minor "lopey" idle and more aggressive engine braking I did not see any difference. But, I only got one day in the car and was having too much fun to document any performance differences.
And Rick made these:

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
My concern is people have their expectations too high for TK. The TK tune is not going to transform your car into a completely different car. I thought the lopey idle was more than minor and when the car I drove was warm the lopey idle shook the car. Very cool IMO. Of course we don't know what the final product will bring but I plan on buying it.

I think most of those photos are Andy's but there was a professional photographer at the event and you receive a Boss Track Attack logo flash drive with all the photos on it as part of the SWAG. The whole event was first class.
You guys freaking out need to exercise some "expectations management." Just like when you go to see Rocky IV, you need to go in expecting a plate of vomit and when it's better than that you can be pleasantly surprised.
Old 10/9/11, 05:28 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Boss

Just like when you go to see Rocky IV, you need to go in expecting a plate of vomit and when it's better than that you can be pleasantly surprised.
YO!, Adrian. Don't be insultin a great American icon. :-)
Old 10/9/11, 06:09 PM
GT Member

The video is the BOSS!!! I can`t stop laughing
Old 10/9/11, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by boss man

I understand Rick. I am not saying that it will turn your Boss into a 302s or 302r or even a 302j.....LOL I'm saying that Ford has made the statement that the Red Key (track key) thats why I used the word TRACK, when programed will install Ford Racing competition calibration to your car. Another quote is it's a race car with a license plate. Hope this clears things up. I guess the word Track was wrong. I should of said Ford Racing calibration.
This Red Key Turns Your Boss Mustang Into A Race Car

This is Ford's TracKey, a special key available to buyers of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 that, when used, switches the dual-path powertrain control module (PCM) from streetable pony car to 444 HP track-ready stallion. Yes, the future is now.
"Anything that could possibly affect all-out performance is deleted from the TracKey calibration," said Dave Pericak, Mustang chief engineer. "Throttle limiting and torque management – any daily driveability enhancements are removed and replaced with a pure Ford Racing competition calibration."
I don't need a key for a 302J
Old 10/9/11, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
I don't need a key for a 302J
The "one-of-one" 302J has its starter activated via The Force!
Old 10/9/11, 08:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
OMG are these his real eyebrows !
Old 10/9/11, 08:42 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies

OMG are these his real eyebrows !
It looks like two caterpillars got into a staring match and neither blinked...yet. LOL
Old 10/9/11, 08:44 PM
GT Member

TracKey will bring world peace. But only if all Boss owners use it to start their cars at exactly the same time.
It's true, because you can't shoot a gun, while you're driving flat out.
Old 10/9/11, 09:26 PM
V6 Member

Had dinner with George Goddu tonight for the track attack banquet. He's a really good guy. Anyway, he said that the original track key calibration has not been revised. The programming of the ecm did need to be changed to tweak a obdii diagnostic function (per CARB's request).

Both CARB and the ford racing guys have seen the hitler track key video. They love it. A CARB guy actually sent the link to George.

The track key will be released shortly after SEMA. No specific date was given and I didn't press the issue.
Old 10/10/11, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always an interesting discussion and my thoughts generally parallel with (checked out) Boss Man.

But realistically guys, what can any Ford "internal" guy say about TK other than it was generally accepted without any major changes? With as poorly executed the marketing gimic has been and as upset as most delivered Boss owners are on this issue (and I said "most"), do you really think someone is going to throw gas on the raging fire and say CARB bent them over and made them detune the original submission? Not a chance... (Even if that really happened, and I have no knowledge either way)

The party line at Ford Racing MUST now be the dual path programming was accepted "almost" as originally marketed. (599 paramaters changed instead of 600)
Old 10/10/11, 03:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That Hitler video still makes me laugh
Old 10/10/11, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 10/11/11, 04:05 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by P0 Corsa
Always an interesting discussion and my thoughts generally parallel with (checked out) Boss Man.

But realistically guys, what can any Ford "internal" guy say about TK other than it was generally accepted without any major changes? With as poorly executed the marketing gimic has been and as upset as most delivered Boss owners are on this issue (and I said "most"), do you really think someone is going to throw gas on the raging fire and say CARB bent them over and made them detune the original submission? Not a chance... (Even if that really happened, and I have no knowledge either way)

The party line at Ford Racing MUST now be the dual path programming was accepted "almost" as originally marketed. (599 paramaters changed instead of 600)
Good to hear 599 out of 600. I'm doing a TIME OUT as per TMS. I have to be a good Boss owner.
Old 10/11/11, 05:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
It looks like two caterpillars got into a staring match and neither blinked...yet. LOL

LMFAO!!!

Quick Reply: Trackey Announce!!!The day has arrived!!