Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Trackey Announce!!!The day has arrived!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/11, 07:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RixterGT
So they announced when it will be announced when it is available?
Yep, that's what it says they're going to say!
Old 10/8/11, 07:40 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

South Pasadena
We have a Pasadena near Houston. I've been to both, there is no comparison. I think we have a few more petro-refineries here to keep our air pretty (pretty stinky).

And I will remain "uptight" until Nov 2nd.
Old 10/8/11, 08:39 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are going to announce that all of the states will get track key except for California, because there emmissions test is to tough, everyone else will get it.
Old 10/8/11, 11:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bad news: Im not leaving you guys alone
LOL.
Old 10/8/11, 11:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Ronin38
Yep, that's what it says they're going to say!
Me and one bad *** Boss 302,,picture taken October 7th ,2011 ,,,,,Trackey Announce!!!The day has arrived!!-001489-r1-15-10a.jpg

Trackey Announce!!!The day has arrived!!-001489-r1-17-8a.jpg

Trackey Announce!!!The day has arrived!!-001489-r1-19-6a.jpg

Trackey Announce!!!The day has arrived!!-001489-r1-20-5a.jpg
Old 10/8/11, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

About time. California always ruining everyone else's fun.
Old 10/8/11, 11:56 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
If the Track Key has cleared Carb then there is no reason that the Boss owners can not have the Key Programed NOW. This is just another one of Fords marketing ploys. I love my Boss but have a bad taste for what Ford has done and is now doing with this whole Track Key crap. I truly feel that Ford has misslead all current 2012 Boss owners. Lets see if it puts the TRACK setting into our street Boss's as Ford claims. My bet is that there will not be as much as a wow factor with the Track Key as it was promoted by FORD. I will wait untill people have posted there results. This way I will save my $302 + labor fees to go to a tune instead. I honestly hope I'm wrong and the Track Key was worth the wait.... FORD>>>>Please prove me wrong. Ball is in your court!!
Old 10/8/11, 03:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by boss man
Lets see if it puts the TRACK setting into our street Boss's as Ford claims.
Which TRACK setting are you talking about? Ford never said it was the exact tune used on their race cars. They said it uses some of the parameters from the race cars.
Old 10/8/11, 04:56 PM
GT Member

I put up one post about CLASS ACTION and all you guys beat me up..

Three days later MR FORD.. shaking in his shoes.... emails me Trackey is ready.....

Seems like a coincidence..... I don`t think so....

YIPPEE TIMES THREE!!!!!
Old 10/8/11, 05:00 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Bad news: Im not leaving you guys alone

Old 10/8/11, 05:15 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Which TRACK setting are you talking about? Ford never said it was the exact tune used on their race cars. They said it uses some of the parameters from the race cars.
I understand Rick. I am not saying that it will turn your Boss into a 302s or 302r or even a 302j.....LOL I'm saying that Ford has made the statement that the Red Key (track key) thats why I used the word TRACK, when programed will install Ford Racing competition calibration to your car. Another quote is it's a race car with a license plate. Hope this clears things up. I guess the word Track was wrong. I should of said Ford Racing calibration.
This Red Key Turns Your Boss Mustang Into A Race Car

This is Ford's TracKey, a special key available to buyers of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 that, when used, switches the dual-path powertrain control module (PCM) from streetable pony car to 444 HP track-ready stallion. Yes, the future is now.
"Anything that could possibly affect all-out performance is deleted from the TracKey calibration," said Dave Pericak, Mustang chief engineer. "Throttle limiting and torque management – any daily driveability enhancements are removed and replaced with a pure Ford Racing competition calibration."
Old 10/8/11, 07:19 PM
GT Member

... And replaced with a pure Ford Racing competition calibration."
That's a broad, general statement to me. What specifically does that mean to you? What differences will you be expecting? I drove the TracKey enabled cars at the Track Attack, and these are the only differences I could notice:
- lopey idle
- more engine braking
I think there's supposed to be better throttle response but I didn't notice much since I drive my car at sea level and MMP is at 4500 ft.

Like others have said, it will save people some heartache if expectations are lowered. Reading the TracKey web page, most of the language is general and not very many specifics were mentioned...
Old 10/8/11, 07:43 PM
GT Member

Really lets be honest what can you expect from an OEM? They have CARB over them with a microscope it doesn`t matter if lights up a message on the driver display.... TRACK USE ONLY... they can not be emission illegal... that is the bottom line.. period.

Can the OEM adjust throttle response and engine braking with the valve timing... yes.. those were easy. The idle lope had to be tricky and probably pushed the CARB envelope a bit.

But serious performance tunes will come from outside the OEM putting the emission compliance on the owner and the installer..
Old 10/8/11, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

In my opinion, I think Ford has talked up the Track Key a little too much. I highly doubt there will be any significant difference from the black key, as said above by Warren. The Track Key program is just a marketing campaign.
Old 10/9/11, 08:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mackds

Three days later MR FORD.. shaking in his shoes.... emails me Trackey is ready.....

YIPPEE TIMES THREE!!!!!
Coincidence.
Old 10/9/11, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mackds

YIPPEE TIMES THREE!!!!!
You're amazing. Who can you sue for world peace?
Old 10/9/11, 10:06 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 4pipes

You're amazing. Who can you sue for world peace?
TracKey will bring world peace. But only if all Boss owners use it to start their cars at exactly the same time.
Old 10/9/11, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by phiggs54
TracKey will bring world peace. But only if all Boss owners use it to start their cars at exactly the same time.
When will Ford release all Boss owners to start there engines at the same time. I guessing early spring of 2012??
Old 10/9/11, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

I guess I am expecting what Ford has Quoted to us Owners Ford Racing competition calibration. I guess it was very stupid on my part to think that I would receive anything but a smoke and mirror package. I truley think that I will save my cash and install a tune that provides what it claims to do instead. I'll only have to wait 30 months till its out of warrenty.
What boggles my mind is how come the people that attended Track Attack and drove these cars with the track key didnt post there true feelings about the RED KEY till now. I guess it is what it is. 2013 future Owners>>>>>I hope your taking notes on this class. All of these answers will be on your test at the singing of the Purchase agreement on you new 2013 Boss 302. I have said my peace and as Red Skelton said after every show...GOOD NIGHT & GOD BLESS!

Last edited by boss man; 10/9/11 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10/9/11, 11:34 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

What boggles my mind is how come the people that attended Track Attack and drove these cars with the track key didnt post there true feelings about the RED KEY till now.
Both SoCalBoss and I did post our impressions within days after attending our respective classes. Ford has stated all along that there is NO INCREASE in HP. If you have expectations above that then that's your issue not Ford's.

Quick Reply: Trackey Announce!!!The day has arrived!!