2012-2013 BOSS 302

Trackey

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/11, 08:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trackey

For those who have took delivery,what did the dealers tell you about the trackey. My dealer said the part # in the frp was a bad noumber.They said the correct part# was 164-R8021.Can anyone confirm this?
Old 3/22/11, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry...........

Last edited by GT_350; 3/22/11 at 08:52 PM. Reason: I was going to ask him to post this in the "Getting the track key" but I didn't
Old 3/23/11, 02:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's not available until summer www.trackey.ford.com
Old 3/23/11, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
It's not available until summer www.trackey.ford.com
I callled FCS, then was transferred to Ford Media and marketing, and then finally FRPP

Here are the facts per Brendan and Steve at FRPP:

1. The TracKey is supposed to be 50 state emissions legal but FRPP had to wait until they had a true "production" Boss to send to CA for a CARB EO number and approval.

2. As per Steve at FRPP even if the tune does not pass CARB it still will be released as "49 state" legal.

3. FRPP stated the tune is really closer than late summer...could be as soon as late April early May but they want to underpromise

4. They apologized and are just as frustrated as we are about being able to release the TracKey ASAP

5. They want to be able to release the tune across the country at one time which is why they are waiting on CA

BTW...a little birdy(not from Ford) told me the tune is already on every Boss, it just needs to be activated...and this could be done by an aftermarket tuner if they figure it out!!!
Old 3/23/11, 05:00 PM
Cobra R Member

To bad they can't just make 49 and if it passes CARB then 50
Old 3/23/11, 05:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
To bad they can't just make 49 and if it passes CARB then 50
They will have to do something with all the advertising they did for it
Old 3/23/11, 05:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
Here are the facts per Brendan and Steve at FRPP:

1. The TracKey is supposed to be 50 state emissions legal but FRPP had to wait until they had a true "production" Boss to send to CA for a CARB EO number and approval.

2. As per Steve at FRPP even if the tune does not pass CARB it still will be released as "49 state" legal.

3. FRPP stated the tune is really closer than late summer...could be as soon as late April early May but they want to underpromise

4. They apologized and are just as frustrated as we are about being able to release the TracKey ASAP

5. They want to be able to release the tune across the country at one time which is why they are waiting on CA

BTW...a little birdy(not from Ford) told me the tune is already on every Boss, it just needs to be activated...and this could be done by an aftermarket tuner if they figure it out!!!
Good updates!
Old 3/23/11, 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, thanks!
Old 3/23/11, 06:28 PM
GT Member

Thanks for sharing the update! Sounds good.
Old 3/23/11, 06:52 PM

The CA CARB guys are probably BMW (M3) owners......!
Old 3/23/11, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The CARB official I talked to three years ago while trying to get a supercharger for an '08 Mustang was actually pretty understanding and helpful. Hopefully this won't take too long.
Old 3/23/11, 07:16 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the update Andy, great info!
Old 3/23/11, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info! I would certainly rather it be 49 state instead of a detuned 50 state just to satisfy Kalifornia.

I still want it now.
Old 3/23/11, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Thanks for the info! I would certainly rather it be 49 state instead of a detuned 50 state just to satisfy Kalifornia.

I still want it now.
Why should the other 49 suffer for the lack of common sense in one of the most bankrupt(eco-green) states in this country? WE Boss owners are going to end up with an over designed "tune" that really does nothing and certainly will not be Dave Pericak's "promise" of a real lopey idle and full 302R tune for our street cars. Make it a 49 state tune Ford, and, let CA get whatever they will accept. It's not called the "left coast" for nothing. No offense to real car guys. I feel sorry that you have to put up with all that B.S. out there. CA DOES NOT DICTATE EMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COUNTRY. CASE IN POINT, THEY JUST RE-ELECTED DAVIS AS GOV. GOOD LUCK ON THAT LOSER.
Old 3/23/11, 08:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot

Why should the other 49 suffer for the lack of common sense in one of the most bankrupt(eco-green) states in this country? WE Boss owners are going to end up with an over designed "tune" that really does nothing and certainly will not be Dave Pericak's "promise" of a real lopey idle and full 302R tune for our street cars. Make it a 49 state tune Ford, and, let CA get whatever they will accept. It's not called the "left coast" for nothing. No offense to real car guys. I feel sorry that you have to put up with all that B.S. out there. CA DOES NOT DICTATE EMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COUNTRY. CASE IN POINT, THEY JUST RE-ELECTED DAVIS AS GOV. GOOD LUCK ON THAT LOSER.
This
Old 3/23/11, 08:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Most CA state employees have a similar attitude as yours. We'll be lucky to have the approval by September.
Old 3/23/11, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Most CA state employees have a similar attitude as yours. We'll be lucky to have the approval by September.
If most CA employees have my attitude, how the F+++ did your re-elect a friggin airhead as Gov? Just admit that your regs should only be applied to the "land of fruit and nuts". Frankly, I don't know why Ford ever wanted to make this a 50 state tune when they have totally P.O.'d the rest of the 49 states. After all the early advertising and videos, we are really P.O.'d that we are being held hostage to a brain dead management decision to appeal to the CARB state. Hey, the next major quake is coming their way; hope it doesn't happen but the odds are on. Just hope my TracKey tune has some sort of difference from the black key, IMHO!
Old 3/23/11, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey, relax, lighten up..........some of us do live in California. Why would wish an earthquake on anyone?
Old 3/23/11, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
Hey, relax, lighten up..........some of us do live in California. Why would wish an earthquake on anyone?
I'm not wishing the big one on anyone. God Forbid. Iwould have a lot of reasons to live in CA, and I have few but the downside overwhelms. You are not addressing the issue of the CARB B.S. that is affecting the rest of the country. That is the issue! Just because you have some of the worst stagnant air pollution out there should not dictate the TracKey for the rest that do not live in CA. That's hard for you to dispute. Move to TX and get real. For that matter, move to any other state in this great country and clear your vision. Not trying to start an argument but the facts are clear that CARB is affecting everyone that does not live in CA. Are you for that effect?
Old 3/23/11, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Frankly, I want a TracKey Tune with 200 parameter changes that makes it a race car and not a CARB requirement CA car! WTF!!

Quick Reply: Trackey