2012-2013 BOSS 302

Was thinking about our favorite Limeys...

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/11, 12:34 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was thinking about our favorite Limeys...

on Top Gear. Now the season just ended as we know and it dawned on me that they are starting filming for the series in June this month(now). Since the Boss is finally on lots and being shipped to customers, I would bet money that Top Gear will be testing the Boss for this series. It only makes sense. I am very excited to find out if this would hold some water. Thoughts?
Old 3/29/11, 12:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BlueBossS197
on Top Gear. Now the season just ended as we know and it dawned on me that they are starting filming for the series in June this month(now). Since the Boss is finally on lots and being shipped to customers, I would bet money that Top Gear will be testing the Boss for this series. It only makes sense. I am very excited to find out if this would hold some water. Thoughts?
I hope so. I didn't like the US version. They didn't beat the cars and show us what they can do!
Old 3/29/11, 01:28 PM
GT Member

Same here on the US version. It sucks!
Old 3/29/11, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They've kind of ignored the Mustang for a few years now. Last season they had a new Camaro review, which was predictable. I don't think they like Mustangs much (except for Hammond), but they haven't even taken a peek at one since 2009 - and not since the new era of well-handling Mustangs came about. I'd be quite curious to see how this would play out. Wouldn't it be funny if a Stig-driven Boss beat an R8 around their test track?
Old 3/29/11, 01:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LateApex
They've kind of ignored the Mustang for a few years now. Last season they had a new Camaro review, which was predictable. I don't think they like Mustangs much (except for Hammond), but they haven't even taken a peek at one since 2009 - and not since the new era of well-handling Mustangs came about. I'd be quite curious to see how this would play out. Wouldn't it be funny if a Stig-driven Boss beat an R8 around their test track?
Jeremy will say "it's American, it has to be rubbish"
**** Brits, they r funny though
Old 3/29/11, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would much prefer to see Clarkson beat the hell out of it, and the UK guys let it run the TG track in the dry. However, I doubt it happens, and if it did, Clarkson would just make his normal comments about it being like someone running with their shoelaces tied together, and then they would drive it in the rain in the fear that it might be as fast as some of their beloved Alfas.

I do expect the US guys to give it a go, since the travesty of having that LS on and simply starting it to run for a second. I'm not surprised that they did not flog it then (so calling it a travesty might be overstated) since the car had not been released to the press first, but I would hope to have something neat like Tanner's Raptor flog which was cool.

The US version, imho, took a bit too much criticism last year. Remember, the UK guys have been working on their rapport for ten years or so now, and they do not have the same team as they did the first year. I watched the entire new season on the US version, and there were some entirely great moments, like the boys drinking moonshine and camping, that was great. There were also some hopeless moments, like the "sell a used car" episode that started well and then just kinda collapsed. I'm looking forward to next year, espically if there are LESS EU rigs and more US stuff. I'd like to see the same percentage of Astons and BMWs on the US show as they have US stuff on the UK version, which is not very much. That would be the best way to get some distance between the two shows.
Old 3/29/11, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Jeremy will say "it's American, it has to be rubbish"
**** Brits, they r funny though
Yeah, he will - though, he did love the Corvette ZR1, even though he slammed it initially. And he was mightly impressed with the Vette Grand Sport, called it a "giant killer". And he owns a Ford GT as well.

So, in this hypothetical review scenario here, as much as I am sure he'll rip on the looks and interior finish and such, I think if he drives one, he can be convinced...

Last edited by LateApex; 3/29/11 at 01:40 PM.
Old 3/29/11, 01:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LateApex

Yeah, he will - though, he did love the Corvette ZR1, even though he slammed it initially. And he was mightly impressed with the Vette Grand Sport, called it a "giant killer". And he owns a GT-40 as well.

So, in this hypothetical review scenario here, as much as I am sure he'll rip on the looks and interior finish and such, I think if he drives one, he can be convinced...
He owns a Ford GT & he constantly makes fun of it and degrades it
Old 3/29/11, 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

and he should have, given what a lemon his GT turned out to be.
Old 3/29/11, 02:13 PM
GT Member

The only reason his GT was a "lemon" was Ford of Europe installing an aftermarket alarm/immobilizer system that was itself a lemon in it's own right. Had Ford of Europe not used a Mondeo key and that security system in the GT's, it would have worked like all the American GT's.
Old 3/29/11, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

He owns a Ford GT & he constantly makes fun of it and degrades it
He bought that due to an earlier episode where he drove one and thought so highly of it that he chose the GT to own.

Now, his ownership got off to a...rocky start...
Old 3/29/11, 03:49 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Get the Hamster into a Boss 302, apply liberal amounts of wheel spin and power oversteer, get the cameras rolling and let the fun begin.

I'll even supply the quote:

"Mustang Boss 302, for once Ford's bloody done something right!"
Old 3/30/11, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

http://www.mustangevolution.com/must...ustang+News%29

theyre getting sued!
Old 3/30/11, 03:30 PM
Cobra R Member

I still want to see it

Sent from my Droid using TMS Forum
Old 3/30/11, 06:33 PM
GT Member

Lol the writer of that article got bent out of shape at the end! The show is for entertainment and should only be taken at face value. That being said I really do enjoy the show and hope to see the Boss on there with a worthy review!
Old 3/30/11, 07:24 PM
Cobra Member

Lol the writer of that article got bent out of shape at the end! The show is for entertainment and should only be taken at face value. That being said I really do enjoy the show and hope to see the Boss on there with a worthy review!
+1 they r funny. & the Hamster will probably be excited for a new pony!
Old 3/30/11, 08:28 PM
GT Member

+1 they r funny. & the Hamster will probably be excited for a new pony!
You know he will! He's like an American living in England.
Old 3/31/11, 01:48 PM
Cobra Member

You know he will! He's like an American living in England.
Yeah a big tall Texan' trapped in a midget Brit body