2012-2013 BOSS 302

The SVT mufflers are NOT for sale - the sound is SWEET!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/11, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mtnbike,

You are correct. They are about a foot long and yes they are crushed on the outside. Muffler shop welded in pipe to replace them. As I said in my other post the stock GT500 mufflers lacked about an inch clearing the GT valance and they added the inch when they welded the section back in.
Old 4/5/11, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RaceRedBoss
Mtnbike,

You are correct. They are about a foot long and yes they are crushed on the outside. Muffler shop welded in pipe to replace them. As I said in my other post the stock GT500 mufflers lacked about an inch clearing the GT valance and they added the inch when they welded the section back in.
Awesome, thanks for the heads-up Race!
Old 4/5/11, 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

As I said in my other post the stock GT500 mufflers lacked about an inch clearing the GT valance.
Hey Race, one more thing...

I asked in another thread dealing with the GT500 mufflers, but do you have a picture of the mufflers fitted with the GT rear valance? I was debating whether or not to add the GT500 rear valance ($150) at the same time as the mufflers but wanted to compare the looks of the tips in the exhaust openings. Seems like there is a lot of space around the muffler tip with the GT500 rear valance but I like the faux diffuser look of it. Still debating
Old 4/5/11, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will try and take a shot tomorrow and post tomorrow night.
Old 4/5/11, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Will try and take a shot tomorrow and post tomorrow night.
Thanks!
Old 4/5/11, 08:51 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
Hey Race, one more thing...

I asked in another thread dealing with the GT500 mufflers, but do you have a picture of the mufflers fitted with the GT rear valance? I was debating whether or not to add the GT500 rear valance ($150) at the same time as the mufflers but wanted to compare the looks of the tips in the exhaust openings. Seems like there is a lot of space around the muffler tip with the GT500 rear valance but I like the faux diffuser look of it. Still debating
I've noticed in some pics that it looks like a lot of space around the 500 diffuser, but it doesn't look like as much in person for some reason. When I look at pics of certain angles on mine, I notice it. But when I'm standing there looking at it, it looks normal.