Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Somebody take this man's Boss away from him.

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/14, 08:51 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
I would hope if your hosing the car off it is because there is no more salt and crud on the road, otherwise you do it again.
Well im in south texas so no salt on the roads here! Just in the air
Old 1/13/14, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I drive mine all winter... then again, this is Houston. lol It was in the 80's yesterday. lol
Old 1/13/14, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't had to drive my Boss in ice/snow in San Antonio yet, but while I lived in Missouri, I drove my '06 GT in the ice (fared far better than the folks in their 4WDs that ignored the laws of physics).

Real car guys and gals don't shelter their cars when the weather gets crappy, nor do they care about putting a lot of miles on them... IMO. You love that car? YOU DRIVE IT!!! ...like you stole it until the wheels come off, you die in the crash and get buried in the chassis.
Old 1/13/14, 03:20 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by SLAG_302
Haven't had to drive my Boss in ice/snow in San Antonio yet, but while I lived in Missouri, I drove my '06 GT in the ice (fared far better than the folks in their 4WDs that ignored the laws of physics). Real car guys and gals don't shelter their cars when the weather gets crappy, nor do they care about putting a lot of miles on them... IMO. You love that car? YOU DRIVE IT!!! ...like you stole it until the wheels come off, you die in the crash and get buried in the chassis.
On that last note, if i ever were to get my hands on a 69 mach 1 and built it up to my wishes, im gonna get buried in it. Ill tell my kids wait till theyre 50 then they can dig it up and do what they want with it. Or put my body in the car with one hand on the shifter one on the wheel. Classic pose. Then either set the tires ablaze and all will follow or drop me in the ocean
Old 1/13/14, 03:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Real car guys and gals don't shelter their cars when the weather gets crappy, nor do they care about putting a lot of miles on them... IMO. You love that car? YOU DRIVE IT!!! ...like you stole it until the wheels come off, you die in the crash and get buried in the chassis.
+1, exactly how I feel about the subject.
Old 1/13/14, 07:03 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW. I am surprised to here so many like to drive there Bosses in adverse weather conditions. For me its no fun to drive the Boss even in the rain due to the lack of traction. It takes away from the overall driving experience. But my Boss was not bought as a daily driver. You can drive the Boss in any weather conditions but there are much better vehicles to drive in the snow. I love driving my Dodge Ram 4/4 in the snow.
Old 1/13/14, 07:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by maddog2
WOW. I am surprised to here so many like to drive there Bosses in adverse weather conditions. For me its no fun to drive the Boss even in the rain due to the lack of traction. It takes away from the overall driving experience. But my Boss was not bought as a daily driver. You can drive the Boss in any weather conditions but there are much better vehicles to drive in the snow. I love driving my Dodge Ram 4/4 in the snow.
Everything changes with good tires.
Old 1/13/14, 09:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Aside from the no heat, the rear engine got them around surprisingly well in St Louis winters. Not that I ever owned one.
Yes, mainly commenting on the lack of heat
Old 1/14/14, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Haven't had to drive my Boss in ice/snow in San Antonio yet, but while I lived in Missouri, I drove my '06 GT in the ice (fared far better than the folks in their 4WDs that ignored the laws of physics).

Here, here.
I am sure though that if I lived where snow... existed? Then I'd buy a winter 4WD something... since I don't though, I won't.

Good luck to you guys who have to though! It can sometimes be scary in any sort of vehicle!
Old 1/14/14, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by maddog2
So true. Though I lost count of how many SUVs and pickups I saw spun out or upside down in the median when the midwest froze over every winter. Oddly enough, the only time I spun out was on the salt that was laid out for a pending snowstorm in Oklahoma (which never hit).

I'll never forget being on I-64, middle lane of 3 lanes, flanked by 2 white pickups, icing going on, both pickups start to spin in opposite directions with me in my '06 GT between them... I put her in neutral, looked at my dog, said "this might be it, pup", sailed through without a scratch, counted my blessings, took the next exit and waited out the storm.
Old 1/14/14, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sure there are places to hose it off.
And then it freezes everything on your car when you pull out. When it's below 32 there's just no washing it until it warms up unless you are rich and can afford a huge heated garage with drains in the floors and you can wash it and leave it sit in the heat...
Old 1/14/14, 09:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
And then it freezes everything on your car when you pull out. When it's below 32 there's just no washing it until it warms up unless you are rich and can afford a huge heated garage with drains in the floors and you can wash it and leave it sit in the heat...
Alright, although when water is below or at 32* it doesn't instantaneously freeze. But I get it, you will just wait till it is nice out to drive it.
Old 1/14/14, 10:33 AM
FR500 Member

Id drive it in snow but ice is a tricky thing. Especially black ice. I could probably do as much as anyone here when it comes to navigating a patch of ice on the road but most people on the roads cant. For that reason alone when its icy ill choose to stay home that day. Or take public transportation. Heck id even walk if i really needed to go somewhere
Old 1/14/14, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
Id drive it in snow but ice is a tricky thing. Especially black ice. I could probably do as much as anyone here when it comes to navigating a patch of ice on the road but most people on the roads cant. For that reason alone when its icy ill choose to stay home that day. Or take public transportation. Heck id even walk if i really needed to go somewhere
That makes perfect sense, icy roads would be what I consider an adverse driving environment, however rain or light snow, even heavy snow if it is controlled isn't exactly adverse.
Old 1/14/14, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 to the "some folks have no other option" crew. When I bought my BOSS, it was my only working vehicle.

Mine has seen snow before... :\

Old 1/14/14, 11:43 AM
FR500 Member

I think about it this way. We drive Mustangs right?
In the wild, true mustangs and stallions go about their business wether rain, sun, or snow. So should we. But when other things like ice and deteriorating elements like salt come together (like mustangs with ice in the wild) we should try to avoid it. Its just not safe.
Cars were built to be driven, simple as that. I hold that fact to the point where it really just isnt safe to drive. Ice on the roads, torrential amounts of rain, extremely high winds (combined with snow or rain) are some of these conditions. If i saw another mustang while driving through snow, heck id open the window and stick a thumbs up.
While garage queens remain nicer and in better condition, i feel they never live a full life. And that makes me sad
Old 1/14/14, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Alright, although when water is below or at 32* it doesn't instantaneously freeze. But I get it, you will just wait till it is nice out to drive it.
It will when u are flying down the highway. I finally got a nice mustang this fall and I intend on keeping it forever. My sixxer is for the snow. I'm not really trying to be a dick about people who drive theirs in winter,I just don't have the money to keep buying different ones when they rust out from the salt or fix them if stupid people slide into me
Old 1/15/14, 11:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
It will when u are flying down the highway. I finally got a nice mustang this fall and I intend on keeping it forever. My sixxer is for the snow. I'm not really trying to be a dick about people who drive theirs in winter,I just don't have the money to keep buying different ones when they rust out from the salt or fix them if stupid people slide into me
More of a fun argument than anything else. Ever since the S550 came out, especially seeing the yellow I don't mind the thought of getting totaled.
Old 1/16/14, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

More of a fun argument than anything else. Ever since the S550 came out, especially seeing the yellow I don't mind the thought of getting totaled.
Ive wished for my v6 to get totaled before. Now it's not worth.anything and to reliable to get rid of lol
Old 1/16/14, 07:48 PM
FR500 Member

Considering id get round 15-16k if my sixxer got totaled (12-14k by the time its up for order) im not really up for still having to pay around more than twice or even three times that in oayments when i have alot more i could be using that kind of money on. In fact with a kid on the way i might to sell the mustang and get a lil family car. Id be fine with an even trade for a 15k value but nothing more. And of course less would be better with more money for the baby and its MANY needs

Quick Reply: Somebody take this man's Boss away from him.