Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Roush Mufflers or other Bolt On Mufflers for BOSS

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/11, 07:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
Are you saying it showed a different speed on your phone? Is it using GPS? I found my GPS lap timer shows a speed about 3-4 mph lower than my Boss. I'm trying to find one of those police trailers that flashes your speed to see which is accurate. I know my timer is accurate as it gives the same lap times as the tracks transponders. It's a 5 mhz unit so supposed to be accurate to 1/100 of a second. No idea about the accuracy of the speed......

Glad to hear you like the sound of the Corsas. I'll know on mine this afternoon. Interesting that you don't hear the side pipes. That must mean freeing up the flow through the axle backs is working.
I was using an app called CARDASHBOARD (Droid version) GPS, it was showing about the same as yours 3-4 slower than the Boss speedo.

The Corsas are loud under acceleration, very quiet at idle, the drone is not as bad as I made it sound after rereading my post, it's better above 69 mph.

Let me know how yours sound after you get a few miles on them.

Going to stop by MPH today for a look at the track.
Old 6/29/11, 07:44 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
53 going on 21 and still running a 5/8 hole in the discs.
57 going on 16 when I had my first Mustang. Running the 3/4 discs..
Old 6/29/11, 07:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LQQK
I was using an app called CARDASHBOARD (Droid version) GPS, it was showing about the same as yours 3-4 slower than the Boss speedo.

The Corsas are loud under acceleration, very quiet at idle, the drone is not as bad as I made it sound after rereading my post, it's better above 69 mph.

Interesting. I was trying to do some calcs off my tach at BIR. If the tach was accurate, I was hitting roughly 7100 rpm in 5th gear with a 26.3" tire. That should put my speed at 149 mph, but my GPS said 144 which seems low for that track given the mile long front straight. I'm not accelerating all the way to the end of it of course to make Turn 1. It'd be nice to find someone with a radar gun to check it. I don't think my GT500 speedo was very accurate over 100 mph at the track either.

Good to know about the Corsas. Since your speed limit down there on the interstate is 70 you're golden My car's only long highway trips are on the back of the trailer so I'm not too worried either way.
Old 6/29/11, 07:57 AM
Cobra Member

Good to know about the Corsas. Since your speed limit down there on the interstate is 70 you're golden
Don't cut us CornyHuskers short,,,75 on I-80-->
Old 6/29/11, 10:53 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
57 going on 16 when I had my first Mustang. Running the 3/4 discs..
Verry Cool
Old 6/29/11, 07:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LQQK

Got them installed this afternoon Harley. They're sick. Pretty much the same assessment as you. With the windows down on the highway (which is how they are almost all the time) I can't hear the exhaust. Windows up I can barely hear it with the radio off and a/c at the lowest fan setting. Most of the sound is out the back now. With the windows down I don't hear the side exhaust like I used to, but I hear the same sound out the back so it must be flowing a lot more freely as there was obviously still quite a bit of back pressure from the stock mufflers.
Old 6/29/11, 07:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Got them installed this afternoon Harley. They're sick. Pretty much the same assessment as you. With the windows down on the highway (which is how they are almost all the time) I can't hear the exhaust. Windows up I can barely hear it with the radio off and a/c at the lowest fan setting. Most of the sound is out the back now. With the windows down I don't hear the side exhaust like I used to, but I hear the same sound out the back so it must be flowing a lot more freely as there was obviously still quite a bit of back pressure from the stock mufflers.
Time to remove the side pipes and intake tube to save some weight?
Old 6/29/11, 08:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Time to remove the side pipes and intake tube to save some weight?
**sigh** could be. I hate to do that, but it's possible I will at some point. My first goal was louder from the back of the car so mission accomplished. I'm going to run this way for a while. I was going between some concrete barriers tonight and could hear the exhaust still reverberating from the side pipes. I think I'll sit tight for a bit. However, I did talk to my friend with the 5.0 that has these same Corsas and he made the comment that he should have held on to his stock H-pipe so I could shed the side pipe weight I'm sure someone will do it soon. I'd be curious to know how much they really weigh. Probably not 20lbs? The stock mufflers are heavy though! I didn't weigh mine since someone already posted the weights, but hauling that box up to my storage attic, it felt all of the 56 pounds and then some.
Old 6/29/11, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

**sigh** could be. I hate to do that, but it's possible I will at some point. My first goal was louder from the back of the car so mission accomplished. I'm going to run this way for a while. I was going between some concrete barriers tonight and could hear the exhaust still reverberating from the side pipes. I think I'll sit tight for a bit. However, I did talk to my friend with the 5.0 that has these same Corsas and he made the comment that he should have held on to his stock H-pipe so I could shed the side pipe weight I'm sure someone will do it soon. I'd be curious to know how much they really weigh. Probably not 20lbs? The stock mufflers are heavy though! I didn't weigh mine since someone already posted the weights, but hauling that box up to my storage attic, it felt all of the 56 pounds and then some.

I removed my sidepipes in March for the Magnaflow o/r x pipe and Borla S types and haven't look back since!! I love the exhaust now and its loud enough out of the rear you would never hear the sidepipes anyway
Old 6/29/11, 10:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Maybe you could put the discs back in and post any possible differences?
Old 6/30/11, 06:56 AM
Cobra Member

I put another 400 miles on it yesterday, 90% I-80, I only noticed the sound in the cabin under acceleration, once you get to speed, its quiet, not stock quiet but quiet enough.

Yes they are very sick, in my day the phrase were: far out, bad, hip, Awesome, cool, sweet, primo, smooth, bitc_in, choice, outta site, and my favorite for this car, "That's Boss" Definition from the 60s, A great or cool thing.
Old 7/1/11, 04:51 PM

If I'm not mistaken I think a change to the mufflers will void the warranty. This is according to their TBS about engine issuses from tunes or componet changes which include air intake or exhaust changes. I wonder if this still applies to changing mufflers out to the ford racing gt500 mufflers on thier FRPP site. Still thinking about changing them out anyway.
Old 7/1/11, 10:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BadBoss
If I'm not mistaken I think a change to the mufflers will void the warranty. This is according to their TBS about engine issuses from tunes or componet changes which include air intake or exhaust changes. I wonder if this still applies to changing mufflers out to the ford racing gt500 mufflers on thier FRPP site. Still thinking about changing them out anyway.
Mufflers will not void your warranty.

Catless mid-pipes with tunes that turn off Rear O2 sensors, on the other hand...
Old 4/7/12, 06:44 PM
V6 Member

I installed some Borla Stingers on the boss this morning. They sound awesome in conjunction with the open side pipes! The first thing I noticed when starting the car the first time, is the Borlas have the same tone as the side pipes, which I love. I was afraid there may be a lot of pop and crackle on decel, but fortunately, its nothing but the low pur-like growl like you get from the side pipes.

It's like having a Boss Symphony in surround sound. Love it!

As an added bonus, they look great with the polished tips, and the muffler has a much smaller cross section so they aren't really visible from the rear. According to my digital bathroom scale, they only weigh 10.4 lbs each, so that's over 30 lbs of savings from stock.
Old 4/8/12, 10:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Just got the Trackey installed on mine with Roush mufflers. I love the pop and crackle on decel. If there isn't much of that with the Borlas it looks like I made the right choice
Old 4/9/12, 08:24 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Nccstud
Just got the Trackey installed on mine with Roush mufflers. I love the pop and crackle on decel. If there isn't much of that with the Borlas it looks like I made the right choice
I have had that Combo for a year now. And when I installed the trackey with the popping and crackle that was music to my ears.... My neighbor just put on the roush as well I think we will be kicked out of the neighborhood soon, lol!!
Old 4/10/12, 01:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cperez360
I have had that Combo for a year now. And when I installed the trackey with the popping and crackle that was music to my ears.... My neighbor just put on the roush as well I think we will be kicked out of the neighborhood soon, lol!!
At least it's for a good reason! My neighbors love my car, so they have zero problem with it. There is a house around the corner where a bunch of people are always outside. Someone there has a new Challenger and it sounds pretty good when it goes by, but every time I drive by the house everyone just always stares at my car haha. I love it! The added popping and crackling from engine braking alone make the trackey worth it to me