The Reason for HUGE ADMs...

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/11, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by windsor202
"It's a vehicle, not life saving/sustaining medicine."

"Don't want to pay ADM? Don't."

This Shelby is at Londonderry Ford in New Hampshire. I stopped in right after our last snowstorm just to take a look. The car had a sold tag on it. When I inquired about the car they said an airline pilot from Colorado had purchased it. When I asked how their business was doing, the sales manager commented that with the multiple snowstorms we had, sales had been dead for over a month. He then told one of his salespeople to take the sold tag off the car, that they haven't heard from the "pilot" recently.

My perspective is this:
A lot of these dealers want to hold onto a specialty car because of the showroom traffic it creates. I was at this dealership because I found this car for sale on Autotrader with no ADM. When I was looking at this Shelby at this dealership, the sales manager said to me "have you driven the Mustang GT, incredible car!" He was doing what any good salesman would do. Bait with the Shelby, but reel them in with the GT, a car plentifull on his lot. For 95% of the people out there, he's right, the GT is the perfect car. But of course, enthusiast want more.
These small dealers get one or two car allotments of a Shelby or Boss 302 per year. They want to hang onto them to stir showroom traffic. This dealer was so concerned that he would sell the car even with ADM that he put a sold tag on it! When I was their, he pulled the sold tag because as he readily admitted business was in the dumps. I was amused at the tactics, because I've owned my own business for 23 years. I was not offended. Plus it's a 2011, time to let it go. But if he could just make it till April, warmer temperatures, spring air, he knows he will get his ADM. In the meantime, this car would have served him well, as a sales tool.

I only buy cars that are a bargain, I'll wait till ADM's are done, and I almost allways by used. If a dealer marks a car up, that's his business, but if he is dishonest in his dealings, shame on him. The market will determine his fate.
If you want that car of your dreams, just be patient.

Ford's marketing brochures states the potential customer for their high performace cars is either an image seeker or an performance enthusiast. I've had a passion for these cars for over 40 years. I'm sure many people buy these cars to forfill one or two of these needs. Nothing wrong with that! After all, it is a free market.

well stated
Old 2/26/11, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

It's back! LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/2012-Ford-Mustan...#ht_500wt_1156

Oh and a white 302, buy it now for 10k over sticker The best part is their "stock photo" of the white with black isn't even a real Boss 302 haha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...#ht_997wt_1165
Old 2/26/11, 10:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Nccstud
It's back! LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/2012-Ford-Mustan...#ht_500wt_1156

Oh and a white 302, buy it now for 10k over sticker The best part is their "stock photo" of the white with black isn't even a real Boss 302 haha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...#ht_997wt_1165
The B.S. Con Men and scammers are at work. Only the idiots will respond.
Old 2/27/11, 05:48 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There is no ADM for the Boss we are getting.
Old 2/27/11, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Knight
Excellent! What quarter are you getting the car in? Base model or LS? There are people that will definitely be interested in said car. Sometimes it just takes them knowing who to ask. And you seem like the person to ask for those people
Old 2/28/11, 06:29 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2nd quarter, regular boss.
Old 3/1/11, 11:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I am so glad that our two '12 Bosses are both already pre-sold (regular and a Laguna Seca) and that we sold both for MSRP. And, we are well below MSRP on GT500's (and are perpetually sold out, accordingly). Have faith, my friends; there are plenty of good dealers out there. You just have to do a little looking to find them!
Old 3/2/11, 08:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's why we like you guys!
Old 3/2/11, 08:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I am so glad that our two '12 Bosses are both already pre-sold (regular and a Laguna Seca) and that we sold both for MSRP. And, we are well below MSRP on GT500's (and are perpetually sold out, accordingly). Have faith, my friends; there are plenty of good dealers out there. You just have to do a little looking to find them!
Sometimes it is easier to remember the bad things and forget about how many good honest people are around.

to both of you and the others out there.