Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Rear end badging

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/14, 05:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn
Your question is exactly what I'd normally say.

However, my dad, with his '05 SSR (the one with the LS2), loves these little things.

First, he adds an interior badge that's really well made and matches the interior perfect... it really looks like it belongs...

Then, he adds a 3D OEM looking "LS2" badge on the back... again, looks like it'd have been standard...

Then, he has the Engine Plastic cover painted...

Then, he buys a jacket and has the "SSR" logo stitched into it...

...yadda, yadda... I realized sometimes, even though you don't want to really modify your car, you still want to personalize it.

I like the small addition as long as it looks OEM and subtle. That being said though, you can eventually go over-board.
To each his own, but that sounds like the 60+ year old Corvette guys with the members only jackets, hats, glasses, it just reminds me of the Jets and Sharks from West Side story.
Old 1/3/14, 05:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302

To each his own, but that sounds like the 60+ year old Corvette guys with the members only jackets, hats, glasses, it just reminds me of the Jets and Sharks from West Side story.
I'm 40 and love those members only jackets from the 80's. They were the bomb. Lmao
Old 1/3/14, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Close. He's 58. It IS a corvette engine. The jacket is... not members only. There is an SSR hat. He does have glasses that match. And touche. lol
Old 1/3/14, 09:01 PM
GT Member

My version-I think several folks here have used this decal:

Old 1/3/14, 09:15 PM
GT Member

I'm one of them;

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 1/4/14, 10:05 AM
GT Member

I would like to pose the question, why do you want badging all over the car? I mean if you see a car in the Boss colors and see the V6 badge and the tailpipes and diffuser and all of the other tell tail signs, pretty easy to tell the car is either a Boss or a clone.
Some people like vanilla, some people like Rocky Road. Personally, I hate to see a car that has been completely debadged. Logos, badges, etc. are all design elements. Non-functional for the most part, but they're still create a look and alter the balance of the lines and color.

You may see it as showboating and placing value on something that adds none. I just see it as an accent.
Old 1/4/14, 10:11 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Pretty sure that when people see a Boss in person they aren't even thinking about stickers because they are so mesmerized by its awesomeness.

If they are thinking of stickers, then they need to get laid.
Old 1/4/14, 10:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mattlqx
Some people like vanilla, some people like Rocky Road. Personally, I hate to see a car that has been completely debadged. Logos, badges, etc. are all design elements. Non-functional for the most part, but they're still create a look and alter the balance of the lines and color.

You may see it as showboating and placing value on something that adds none. I just see it as an accent.
For me, I really liked the way the trunk lid decal looked on another PW Boss and decided to try it. From the rear the Boss does not look much different from other Stangs. After I got my personalized plate, I thought it might be too much "Boss" from the rear; I just haven't attempted to remove the decal, although I've thought about it many times.

ps. I thought the history of the "Boss 302" rear decal for the '71 Boss 302 was cool. You probably are aware that Ford made plans for to continue the '71 302 but was cancelled at the last minute for the 351.

BRANDON302: Dude, I'm from the Jets and Sharks generation; I'm 63; I did have a Members Only jacket when I was 30. I had 74 Red Vette; but I've changed! I like destroying all the old guys in Vettes; I've no gold chains and the same wife for 43 years.

Here's a pic from the night I beat 3 old guys in Vettes and 4 young guys in Mustang GT's LOL After posting this pic, it does look like I'm showboating. I'll get rid of the decal!![IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Boss949; 1/4/14 at 10:32 AM.
Old 1/4/14, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mattlqx
Personally, I hate to see a car that has been completely debadged. Logos, badges, etc. are all design elements. Non-functional for the most part, but they're still create a look and alter the balance of the lines and color.
Back in the day, it was quite common in my area to take the 5.0 badges OFF the fenders of a fox body, and instead place one on the left rear of the trunk lid/hatch, to counter balance the Ford emblem on the right.
Old 1/6/14, 01:44 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Another alternative is... Is discrete yet what should have been there.
Attached Thumbnails Rear end badging-2012-boss-302-170-.jpg