2012-2013 BOSS 302

Random pics of your Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/12, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Great stuff Eddie, still some threads here worth reading

I take it those are 275/35/18 correct? When are you tracking, I just mounted a set myself but will not be on track for another month. What camber you do you have in? In for the results - also did you change any sway bars?
No other changes yet. The tires are 285s all around. I washoping to make an event on Sunday but the Italians are having a nation wide strike so the trucker are blocking roads and gas stations. I think the next one is early next month so hopefully I can make it.

Since I went with a square set up it looks like sway bars are recommended. So maybe that'll be the next thing.
Old 1/23/12, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SD GT
Rich, that's pretty cool! You'll have to update your signature for First Google Maps Boss.

I've been on that ramp a few times. The BONE always looks great, even on the ramp from space.
lol, that'd be something. Though I seem to remember seeing a thread here with Google Maps images of the Ford plant right around the time the prototypes or first few BOSSes were being produced. So it might not be the actual first one.

Yeah the BONEs are pretty BA. I'm going to miss them when I leave here in a few short months.
Old 1/23/12, 03:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Zoldier
No other changes yet. The tires are 285s all around. I washoping to make an event on Sunday but the Italians are having a nation wide strike so the trucker are blocking roads and gas stations. I think the next one is early next month so hopefully I can make it.

Since I went with a square set up it looks like sway bars are recommended. So maybe that'll be the next thing.
Too bad on the strike, I know how that works outside the US.

I have a feeling without camber plates you may chew up the outsides quickly. Keep a close eye on that during the day. I have a set of 275's and camber at -2.2, I don't know if that will be enough for the slicks? Anyway keep us posted on the results and have fun!

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/4/24 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Removed no longer available photobucket image
Old 1/23/12, 09:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Zoldier, nice wheels!
For square, either stiffen front or soften rear bar. I talked to Strano a couple weeks ago. Front works, rear works, or the pair. He said if you plan to stay with stock springs and want rear only, his 7/8" will work well, but if you plan to change springs to Steeda Boss or comparable some day, he recommended his 1" rear.
Rear is easier to swap. Front has a frame brace in the way that needs to be unbolted to easily get the bar out.
Both rears are out of stock until about next week. Fronts are available now.
I haven't decided yet, but will most likely go with front and 1" rear set. What's another $190 for the set when I'm having this much fun?
Old 1/23/12, 11:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Too bad on the strike, I know how that works outside the US.

I have a feeling without camber plates you may chew up the outsides quickly. Keep a close eye on that during the day. I have a set of 275's and camber at -2.2, I don't know if that will be enough for the slicks? Anyway keep us posted on the results and have fun!
What camber plates are you running. I'm looking into some but havent decided on which to go with?

Originally Posted by SD GT
Zoldier, nice wheels!
For square, either stiffen front or soften rear bar. I talked to Strano a couple weeks ago. Front works, rear works, or the pair. He said if you plan to stay with stock springs and want rear only, his 7/8" will work well, but if you plan to change springs to Steeda Boss or comparable some day, he recommended his 1" rear.
Rear is easier to swap. Front has a frame brace in the way that needs to be unbolted to easily get the bar out.
Both rears are out of stock until about next week. Fronts are available now.
I haven't decided yet, but will most likely go with front and 1" rear set. What's another $190 for the set when I'm having this much fun?
Thanks. I will most likely go with the one inch as well for the rear. Might as well do the front too. I have steeda springs right now but I'm considering coilovers for this summer.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/4/24 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Removed no longer available photobucket image
Old 1/24/12, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

With Steeda springs, Strano says the 1" rear is the way to go, and the front/rear pair gives you more tuning ability. I'm pretty sure thats were I'll end up too.

Camber plates - most of us run MM. Model Mm5CC-6 are direct fit onto '11+ models.
Old 1/24/12, 08:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What camber plates are you running. I'm looking into some but havent decided on which to go with?
I did not do a ton of research on the different plates but saw many people were using the MM camber plates and choose them. I have been very happy with them and have not had any problems.
Old 1/24/12, 09:01 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From this weekend.

Old 1/25/12, 10:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
From this weekend.
Where is that?
Old 1/25/12, 01:42 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Where is that?
My "garage" in Germany. It's tiny, but keeps the car out of the elements.
Old 1/25/12, 05:22 PM
Cobra R Member

My "garage" in Germany. It's tiny, but keeps the car out of the elements.
I should have paid more attention to the plates. How do you get in and out?
Old 1/25/12, 05:29 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
I should have paid more attention to the plates. How do you get in and out?
TWSS! Honestly there isn't much room to open the drivers door and probably couldn't get in/out of the passenger door. Plus with the riding mower in front of it it barely fits in length wise.
Old 1/26/12, 07:56 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
TWSS! Honestly there isn't much room to open the drivers door and probably couldn't get in/out of the passenger door. Plus with the riding mower in front of it it barely fits in length wise.
It looks like you were shipping the car and it is sitting inside a container. I guess in Germany they have different ideas of what a garage should be.
Old 1/26/12, 10:51 AM
INKY

Originally Posted by boss man
It looks like you were shipping the car and it is sitting inside a container. I guess in Germany they have different ideas of what a garage should be.
This garage was added after the house was built, but is pretty typical of what I see here. Would be nice if it was insulated, but not sure I could afford to lose any room!
Old 1/26/12, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Another winter mod completed: 302S hood

also: wheel studs, 18x10 D-force wheels (in transit), shifter bushing and oil separator. Will do hood pins as soon as I have time.
Attached Thumbnails Random pics of your Boss 302-my-302s-hood-3.jpg  
Old 1/26/12, 01:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by JScheier

also: wheel studs, 18x10 D-force wheels (in transit), shifter bushing and oil separator. Will do hood pins as soon as I have time.
Looking good. Which shifter bracket did you install and can you tell any difference shifting with it on?
Old 1/26/12, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Looking good. Which shifter bracket did you install and can you tell any difference shifting with it on?
Barton. I really only had issues in the upper gears on track... and haven't been back on track since installing (**** snow). On the street it has more NVH, but 4-5-6 seem to have far less vagueness than before.
Old 1/26/12, 01:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Barton. I really only had issues in the upper gears on track... and haven't been back on track since installing (**** snow). On the street it has more NVH, but 4-5-6 seem to have far less vagueness than before.
My experience has been very similar to yours, minus the snow.
Old 1/26/12, 03:57 PM
INKY

Looks great! Saw you are in Parker, miss eating at the Hickory House!
Old 1/27/12, 02:33 PM
GT Member

Pics of my new Boss!

Random pics of your Boss 302-img_0510.jpg

Random pics of your Boss 302-img_0509.jpg

I knew I had to get it. It was destiny.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Random pics of your Boss 302